GaRaS

I-751 June 2018 Filers

1,757 posts in this topic

Submitting my remove conditions this coming tuesday.

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Good luck!   We will be doing that in about 9 months.  I have already begun to gather evidence.  We are in the process of buying a home, which will help with good documents........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
5 minutes ago, missileman said:

Good luck!   We will be doing that in about 9 months.  I have already begun to gather evidence.  We are in the process of buying a home, which will help with good documents........

The title deed, even if not a joint mortgage is a big green flag! And yes, spouse can be joint owner of the property even if the mortgage is not joint. Good luck house hunting (if not already found something).

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, BlessedAssurance said:

The title deed, even if not a joint mortgage is a big green flag! And yes, spouse can be joint owner of the property even if the mortgage is not joint. Good luck house hunting (if not already found something).

Thanks.  Yes, we will both be on title as owners and joint tenants.......if everything goes well, we will close in 11 days!!! Thanks!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
10 minutes ago, missileman said:

Thanks.  Yes, we will both be on title as owners and joint tenants.......if everything goes well, we will close in 11 days!!! Thanks!!!

I'll tell you, closing and being handed those keys feels as good as, if not better than,  opening the USPS and seeing the conditional greencard.

The only other experiences in the same category are walking out of the local USCIS office with the NatCert, and gazing at the US passport a couple weeks later.

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Hey Everyone, 

Been two years and we're back and working on our removal of conditions for the hubby.  Earliest date we can send it in is the 18th of June.  So looks like I'll be paling around with you guys.  We can all suffer together as we wait lol

event.png

event.png

Hi to everyone.. 

Seems like we are still pretty "new" and small group.

We just mailed all of our paperwork with the application. Waiting to even get our NOA.......

Yeah but small isn't bad, we'll just have to amuse ourselves until then.

My husband just received the 120 day notice yesterday.  They sent it to the original address on file even after we filed his change of address form when we moved.  But it was redirected to our new place.

The most annoying thing about this part is just getting the evidence together for proof of the relationship lol.

Not hard to do but the tricky part and the tedious part is organizing it.  Takes forever haha

event.png

event.png

Mailed June 1st - Received in California on June 5th.  Now the waiting begins.

Wife and I planned a trip to the Philippines for her to visit family at Christmas - already paid for some of the air fare.  Really just want the NOA1 to extend her green card.  The rest I am happy to wait out.

Good luck to all!

4 hours ago, art1976 said:

Sending ours Tomorrows!! Thank you for opening this forummm!!!!! We r really nervius about this!!!!! 

Congrats!  You'll be fine and in a week or so I'll be right behind you filing.

Everything will work out just fine--just steel yourself up to the idea that you'll be waiting at least a year before this comes to any sort of conclusion lol.

event.png

event.png

Hi friends, 

I originally submitted mine in May, but got returned to me due to wrong (expired) form :(

So I resent it again 6/1, delivered 6/4 to VSC

We sent ours this past Saturday, June 2. USPS says delivered Jun 4. Now wait for the NOA. And then wait and wait. I hear that filing N-400 at the 2yr, 9mo+ date can expedite the I-751. We are planning to try that also. Saw a post in a forum that someone got an approval on I-751 in 6 months post conditional green card expiration. So this is some hope for a faster time. But likewise the many post of long wait times are out there too. Perseverence is the name of the game.

38 minutes ago, CB & FM said:

We sent ours this past Saturday, June 2. USPS says delivered Jun 4. Now wait for the NOA. And then wait and wait. I hear that filing N-400 at the 2yr, 9mo+ date can expedite the I-751. We are planning to try that also. Saw a post in a forum that someone got an approval on I-751 in 6 months post conditional green card expiration. So this is some hope for a faster time. But likewise the many post of long wait times are out there too. Perseverence is the name of the game.

I’m an attorney and work on many immigration cases.  Last week I set up a call with a tier two officer to ask about a client’s green card.  We got lucky and the call back was made from someone in the National service department - not east or west,can’t remember the name (they’re able to clear. a lot of red tape when you want to put in a service request since all requests go to them in the end).  

We got to talking about the process of removal of conditions and my husband as we passed the time waiting for him to do something and we talked about a few things.

Right now he confirmed Vermont is faster than California with I-751.  

We also talked about filing your naturalization papers while you have a pending I-751.  He confirmed that your naturalization paperwork won’t be approved until the I-751 is completed.  He also said that it takes longer to process both applications when they’re both pending because you’ll have two different offices fighting for your hard file which then causes the file to be shipped between one office and another,

Mind you this is one viewpoint but he did raise an interesting point.

In the end I think it’s luck and who is ultimately reviewing your file.  

I am curious to to see whether or not they interview us this time around, his green card was approved without one.

Edited by vpalermo85

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.