GaRaS

I-751 June 2018 Filers

1,757 posts in this topic

@changbaihou I already shared it with members in this forum :) #igotchu :thumbs: 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

1 hour ago, Amadia said:

@changbaihou I already shared it with members in this forum :) #igotchu :thumbs: 

Thank you! 😁

👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

10 minutes ago, changbaihou said:

Thank you! 😁

You're welcome! I think it is great to have the case transfers tracked too so it can give you an idea if they are approving LIN cases first and then touching transferred cases.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Hi Folks,

I am a late June filer. I just got a snail mail that my case has gotten transferred to Potomac. This seems like good news because looking at the spreadsheet it seems like GC gets approved between 1 - 1.5 months.

Given this, should I just want to file for naturalization (N-400)? I am eligible to file for N-400 but it's not clear if just waiting for the 10 year GC will make filing it easier or should I get started in parallel. Are June filers going through this conundrum?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, hammond said:

Hi Folks,

I am a late June filer. I just got a snail mail that my case has gotten transferred to Potomac. This seems like good news because looking at the spreadsheet it seems like GC gets approved between 1 - 1.5 months.

Given this, should I just want to file for naturalization (N-400)? I am eligible to file for N-400 but it's not clear if just waiting for the 10 year GC will make filing it easier or should I get started in parallel. Are June filers going through this conundrum?

Hey you are not alone. my case was transferred to potomac last month. I will be  eligible for N400 end of this month. I will wait for green card approval before I file for citizenship. Hopefully I hear something end of this month or next month. 

2 hours ago, hammond said:

Hi Folks,

1 hour ago, Beddy2015 said:

Hey you are not alone. my case was transferred to potomac last month. I will be  eligible for N400 end of this month. I will wait for green card approval before I file for citizenship. Hopefully I hear something end of this month or next month. 

My husband was going to file N-400 this past month also but got transferred to Potomac and we decided to wait until after this possible impending approval thinking filing N-400 might cause another transfer to local office for dual interview and possible longer timing on ROC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys

i got a letter today my case got transferred to Nebraska Service center

any suggestions, comment, advise and idea about their timeline or any experience with this service center 

Filed: Timeline

Hello friends,

I thought i would give my  update here. We mailed our I-751 form on Jun 16, 2018. We received on April 9, 2019 NOA, that our application is being worked on and that we do not need to appear for biometrics. We have not gotten any updates since. When we go to the website and type in our case number there is no updates on there at all. We ended up going to Migration Center in December last year and spoke with their representative. And they told us that it was to early in the process for our case, and we need to give it more time. 

I got a question, the 18 month extension of green card is about to expire in September. If we do not get the condition on green card removed and extension expires, what are our next steps? Do we have to apply for another extension of the green card?

Best Regards,

Nermin

6 hours ago, Sealord said:

If your extension expires before they approve you, you will need to go get a stamp at your local office. But trust me they will send you an appointment for fingerprints very soon, once you get it done your case will be approved between 2weeks from that day. Good luck 

Thank you, we have a trip planed to go back home during summer, it would be nice to get this completed before we go. We will continue waiting and see where this goes. 

13 hours ago, BijeloDugme said:

Hello friends,

I thought i would give my  update here. We mailed our I-751 form on Jun 16, 2018. We received on April 9, 2019 NOA, that our application is being worked on and that we do not need to appear for biometrics. We have not gotten any updates since. When we go to the website and type in our case number there is no updates on there at all. We ended up going to Migration Center in December last year and spoke with their representative. And they told us that it was to early in the process for our case, and we need to give it more time. 

I got a question, the 18 month extension of green card is about to expire in September. If we do not get the condition on green card removed and extension expires, what are our next steps? Do we have to apply for another extension of the green card?

Best Regards,

Nermin

I think I am not understanding as to why your 18 month extension will be up in September 2019, when you just applied in June 18. That should at least mean that your i751 is valid till  Dec 19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi All,

Mid June filer to CSC, received a letter in March stating biometrics will be reused and nothing since then. When I try checking the status on the app and the old site, it states that the case number is incorrect, when I check the status on My USCIS, it states the same NOA we received in March about biometrics being reused.

After seeing so many people getting letters stating they are either being transferred or needing to show up for a new biometrics appointment, we've gotten a little worried that we missed something so checked all the same apps and sites, and same thing as above is happening. I called the 1-800 number on the NOA to check the status over the phone, and the automated system stated that that case number does not exist. Has anyone else had that issue?

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

12 hours ago, iceclub said:

I think I am not understanding as to why your 18 month extension will be up in September 2019, when you just applied in June 18. That should at least mean that your i751 is valid till  Dec 19

Sorry about confusion, you are right, i did not calculate the time of expatriation correctly. 

On 6/8/2019 at 11:16 PM, W loves S said:

Hey guys

i got a letter today my case got transferred to Nebraska Service center

any suggestions, comment, advise and idea about their timeline or any experience with this service center 

Hi! :) 

If you have not already done so, please go to this thread and enter your data on the Google sheet....it would help to see what happens to those of us who got transferred to Nebraska:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.