dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Just now, Saaniya said:

Hey what ur nvc received date and are u pivot or non pivot .. ?

Pivot. Receive date May 2nd. They funny thing is I called them this morning and they told me to wait 4 more weeks.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, ramesesthe2nd said:

Pivot. Receive date May 2nd. They funny thing is I called them this morning and they told me to wait 4 more weeks.

Did you call them or you received the usual welcome letter via email?

Just now, Abies said:

Did you call them or you received the usual welcome letter via email?

I called them this morning and they told me to wait 4 more weeks. I got email literally 10 minutes ago from NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, ramesesthe2nd said:

I called them this morning and they told me to wait 4 more weeks. I got email literally 10 minutes ago from NVC

Ok good. I'm non pivot. Received date May 1st

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I just dont understand how NVC works.. so frustrating.  Here are pivot cases gettng case# in 5 weeks where as non pivots have crossed 8th week mark.. there is no clarity no order nothing .. just keep on waiting .. i thought nebraska service center ws bad but nvc seems worst.  

4 minutes ago, Saaniya said:

I just dont understand how NVC works.. so frustrating.  Here are pivot cases gettng case# in 5 weeks where as non pivots have crossed 8th week mark.. there is no clarity no order nothing .. just keep on waiting .. i thought nebraska service center ws bad but nvc seems worst.  

I know it is frustrating. I am actually surprised. I was told that Pivot would take 8 to 10 weeks. Needless to say I am happy with my luck on this one. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I know it is frustrating. I am actually surprised. I was told that Pivot would take 8 to 10 weeks. Needless to say I am happy with my luck on this one. 

Congratulations..happy for u ! 

I am new here, can you guys tell me how long is it taking for pivot cases (online submission) from NOA2 to get a case number from NVC?

I know lately it has been taking 4 weeks or so due some changes in the NVC system but I was told it's picking up some speed.

Edited by darth vader

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Non pivot case 

NVC received date May 15th 

👀

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Does anyone here know how long it is taking for the National Visa Center to process your case? From the time you pay the fees and send the required documents to the time they notify you to give you the date of your interview. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Congratulations!!!! By received date, do you mean when NVC received it, or when CEAC received it? Mine is Pivot and NVC received it MAy 2nd, however CEAC received it on the 6th or 9th and they said go by that date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Saaniya said:

Lol you are actually lucky considering that Nebraska usually takes no less than 250 days on average to approve I130 petition. :) Hang in there!

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

23 minutes ago, LadyTT357 said:

Congratulations!!!! By received date, do you mean when NVC received it, or when CEAC received it? Mine is Pivot and NVC received it MAy 2nd, however CEAC received it on the 6th or 9th and they said go by that date.

NVC received it on May 2nd. As far as I can tell, CEAC is just the name of their online system. There is no separate CEAC entity.

2 hours ago, C.A.R. said:

This is so weird to me. I got a checklist for a bad passport document and it said rejected. Everything else was accepted however they left me a note about tax documents and needing me to upload a W2 (even though I explained in my I-864 that I don’t have one due to foreign earned income). I have called NVC twice now and both reps said that the note I received was to just bring my W2 or a letter explaining why I didn’t have one to the interview and that I didn’t have to upload it. I only had to upload the document that was rejected.

This is what happened to me with the marriage certificate. Did you replace the bad copy or upload a new copy in supplementary document section?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.