dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, GiGiJamacia said:

Does anyone knows how much is the visa after the interview? Where can I go to look it up

if you are referring to the immigrant visa fee it is $220 information can be found here. https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

NVC and USCIS are completey funded with visa and immigration fees, which is absurdly high as is. In their defense, some people here are under the impression that calling NVC everyday multiple times a day will move thier application faster. If they are going to hire more staff, hire more people to  process the apps. It is frustratingly slow.

Correct. Even if you get a case and invoice number on the phone, you can't do anything until you receive the welcome email a day or two later.

18 hours ago, R&OC said:

Oh good luck to a speedy review of the resubmitted documents. I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys. I forgot, though, Brazil is a PIVOT case as well, isn't it?

Yes, it is!! It has been a long journey. Jun 14 we "celebrate" 1 year with the immigration process. :unsure:

1 hour ago, GiGiJamacia said:

Does anyone knows how much is the visa after the interview? Where can I go to look it up

$220

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-much-it-costs-get-green-card-consular-processing.html

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

2 minutes ago, Nuj said:

Does anyone know how long does it take to CC?

Up to 6 weeks, but most likely something between 1 to 3 weeks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

4 minutes ago, Nuj said:

Oh ok if we CC by the end of this month could we get August interview?

That is what i am hoping for and it seems feasible to hope for that based on all the feedback i have been getting from VJ members. It also varies by country, see below spreadsheet that was created that can hopefully give you more insight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Just now, kingandqueen said:

That is what i am hoping for and it seems feasible to hope for that based on all the feedback i have been getting from VJ members. It also varies by country, see below spreadsheet that was created that can hopefully give you more insight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

ok awesome thanks!

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

Just called and verified packets were received and scanned into the system on May 30th and currently under review. Non-pivot, hoping for a fast CC.

Hi there...

Please update us when you get a case complete. We're also a non-pivot case and our supporting documents should reach NVC by Thursday.

20 hours ago, jesserz said:

Anyone have any experience with deleted duplicate documents from CEAC? We're PIVOT, and haven't heard anything from them since the 22nd of May, but I did submit a couple of documents twice (one on purpose, and a few on accident). Will they just delete the duplicates or are they going to make me start over again? 

Enough time has passed that I'm starting to worry about EVERYTHING.

Did we put the right addresses on the I-130 form? Does our joint sponsor make enough? Did we spell anything wrong?

I really want this to just be a funny memory already...

We ended up uploaded three different versions of my Birth Certificate to get it in the right format/orientation. - there was no issue

I got a checklist yesterday for an unclear marriage certificate scan which is odd as it one we uploaded is clear. - DS260 and documents were submitted 16th May. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Aerkin said:

Hi Guys,

I just received my NOA2 by mail yesterday 6/4/2018 and the approval date is 5/30/2018.

I noticed there's a 'Case sent to NVC date" and a "case received by NVC date". How are we notified of this? e-mail? Do I call?

Thanks

aerkin

Case sent = online status on USCIS changes

Case received = you call NVC about a week after online status changes to see if they report having received case (they will tell you they received it on x date)

Edited by skyzee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.