1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, noraliz73 said:

Hi.  We received the NOA1 for my husband's AOS application in early July.  He did the biometrics months ago.  We have not heard anything since.  I'm really worried that the EAD hasn't come.  Does this mean they are just planning to deport him or something?  I won't be able to go with him because I have court ordered child support and could not get a job that pays in dollars in his country.  I can't bear the idea of being separated from him again.  The wait for the K-1 was terrible!

i checked your timeline. we just got our EAD last week and you shouldn't be far behind. i wouldn't worry for now. it's like the approval of the I-129F. just sit and wait

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, Archie Fassbender said:

Happy to know you had a pretty smooth interview! How long did the entire process take for you?

2 1/2 months 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We are 145 days out from "Case Received" date with no news.  The status on the website hasn't changed from "Case Received" even though the biometrics was done in July.  We made a mistake and had to file for EAD separately from AOS so I'm a bit worried that we got screwed.  USCIS never updated our freaking K-1 application on their website.  It still to this day says case was received.  I honestly want to bang my head against a wall and I'm not even the one stuck in limbo without being able to do anything.  I'm sorry but I had to have a bit of a rant.  I'm over this whole thing now.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm afraid it will never come.  As soon as he got here and we moved into a more expensive apartment, my ex took me to court for child support.  Life is dreary living on just what I make.  Hubby had a better life back home with his own property and we are headed nowhere here.  I'll just work more overtime.  It is nice to come home to home- cooked meals.  :)

12 hours ago, noraliz73 said:

Hi.  We received the NOA1 for my husband's AOS application in early July.  He did the biometrics months ago.  We have not heard anything since.  I'm really worried that the EAD hasn't come.  Does this mean they are just planning to deport him or something?  I won't be able to go with him because I have court ordered child support and could not get a job that pays in dollars in his country.  I can't bear the idea of being separated from him again.  The wait for the K-1 was terrible!

No. There are still a lot of people waiting for EAD. Including me. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

8 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

We are 145 days out from "Case Received" date with no news.  The status on the website hasn't changed from "Case Received" even though the biometrics was done in July.  We made a mistake and had to file for EAD separately from AOS so I'm a bit worried that we got screwed.  USCIS never updated our freaking K-1 application on their website.  It still to this day says case was received.  I honestly want to bang my head against a wall and I'm not even the one stuck in limbo without being able to do anything.  I'm sorry but I had to have a bit of a rant.  I'm over this whole thing now.

138 days and ours still says case received too, biometrics in July too. It's tough seeing others get approved but I gotta remind myself it's still within processing times.

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Hey folks, I am just hanging out here as I have filed for AP/EAD renewal as mine is expiring in December and I don’t have a GC interview yet. I filed for renewal in July so curious to see how you are all doing with yours.

11/07/16    I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox
11/09/16    i-129F received date    11/14/16    NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice    11/15/16    NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC    11/18/16    NOA1 Hard Copy Received

01/30/17...NOA2 approved per USCIS status update  02/07/17..NOA2 Hard Copy Received   02/15/17 NVC assigned case number  02/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone/scheduled medical)

02/17/17  NVC despatched case to London (In Transit)   02/21/17 Case arrived in London   02/22/17 Status updated to 'Ready'   03/03/17 Letter received from Embassy

03/06/17  Medical (London)   03/17/17  Interview Date (approved)   03/20/17 CEAC status changed to Non-immigrant - Admin Processing   03/21/17 CEAC status changed to ISSUED

03/24/17 VISA IN HAND

07/03/17 POE Toronto (preclearance)/Minneapolis

08/26/17 MARRIED

09/13/2017 Mailed AOS package   09/15/2017 USCIS received package   09/19/2017 Email and text notification of receipt and case #s   10/12/2017 Biometrics appointment

10/18/2017 status changed to 'ready to be scheduled for interview'   12/07/2017 raised SR online for EAD   12/18/2017 posted form to Senator to enquire about EAD

12/18/2017 EAD and AP approved   12/23/2017 NOAs received for EAD and AP   12/27/2017 Combo card received   early July - sent renewal forms for EAD and AP

07/13 EAD and AP renewal pack received at Chicago lockbox  0801 PD date for AP - EAD renewal rejected for being on old form  0801 EAD renewal received at Chicago lockabox

0808 EAD PD date - 180 day extension letter sent 0813

10/31 called USCIS to request to expedite AP   11/01/18 Received email from USCIS with expedite instructions     11/14 Faxed evidence requested   12/06 Raised Service Request

01/09/19 AOS Interview 8.45am     01/09/19 APPROVED 5pm   01/15/19 Green Card Received

Removal of conditions

10/13/20 Mailed package   06/24/21 Case was approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Well good and bad to here that things are slow for others. I calculate early mid December for 6 months for June filers so we just have one more month to wait until we can call. Hopefully everyone is having a good Halloween. I might take my husband trick or treating.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

I understand how frustrating it is! we went 136 days, but finally got news and my wife's EAD is being mailed. There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Why don't you try calling USCIS and expedite the process? I think that is a resource available to you, you can also write your state rep to help you if this gets out of hand. I am not an expert and have very little knowledge about this AOS process, but that could be a start. Hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody 

After 137 days, my EAD and AP have been approved!!!!! 

I requested to expedite based on a job offer. 

Still waiting to have the card on hand. I will keep you updated. 

This forum really helped me, thanks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi community! We got our 'Initial Request for Evidence' 4 months after filing for AOSEAD and AP. Apparently we missed a tax document..We now sent the latest tax info for 2017 AND 2016. We included every page (20 pages per year) so should be ok now..

2 questions:

• Will a RFE that was meant for my AOS affect when I'll receive my EAD?
  • If so, does anyone have an idea how long it will approx. take for them to send me my EAD from this moment on? I read on some forums that this will 'restart' the clock! Other forums says it will pick up where it left off.

Let me know.. Thanks. Fleur

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Xula said:

Hi community! We got our 'Initial Request for Evidence' 4 months after filing for AOSEAD and AP. Apparently we missed a tax document..We now sent the latest tax info for 2017 AND 2016. We included every page (20 pages per year) so should be ok now..

2 questions:

• Will a RFE that was meant for my AOS affect when I'll receive my EAD?
  • If so, does anyone have an idea how long it will approx. take for them to send me my EAD from this moment on? I read on some forums that this will 'restart' the clock! Other forums says it will pick up where it left off.

Let me know.. Thanks. Fleur

I don't know anything, but I highly doubt it would restart.  It did not restart in the K1 process.  Also, it makes sense that the EAD stuff goes into a separate pile.  Gee, I sent them my entire tax return for 2017 and tax transcripts and W-2s for the prior two years.  I hope that was enough.  I could not get the tax return from 2016 because I was married to someone else and he was the primary breadwinner and he refused to give me a copy.  The form really only requested the prior year's tax return...

Edited by noraliz73
I din't write anything yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Today marks the 145 day mark too for us. I did call the USCIS yesterday and the advisor said that the NBC is working on my EAD and AP case. Im not sure if that means they actually are or not, but feeling hopeful! We never had any K1 updates either, nor  anything since 'fingerprint fee was received' 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone !

sorry I don’t participate but read all of you .. my card is being produced today ! On day 125, in Dallas, TX.

thought I would tell you in case some people are in this area (we’re are known for being so slow in this state 😅 well the immigration, slower than other states) 

I wish y’all that it comes ASAP ! This wait is ridiculous .. 😥

Edited by danju
Misspelled word

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.