aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, thepanda said:

There was one case recently (about 2 weeks ago) who got approved without a job offer. They asked to expedite because there were significant changes in their financial income and situation and they had proof of that. That is the first case I heard that did not had a job offer.

As for applying for a job without a work permit. My situation is a little different because I knew my company before and they knew me. I still had to go through the official process to apply even though I had the job. While filling out the job application the question was "Do you need any sponsorship now or in the future?" Obviously one would say no and then later take the job offer to expedite. I was of course upfront with my management and explained to them that I need a job offer first to expedite my work permit. It depends how understanding the management of a company is. Mine was very understanding. So it really depends on the employer. 

Thanks. Was it a thread on here? If so would you happen to remember where or can provide a link.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, killadocg23 said:

Thanks. Was it a thread on here? If so would you happen to remember where or can provide a link.

Maybe she can help you. 

On 8/23/2018 at 1:02 AM, thepanda said:

No you don’t. It’s just important that you have done your biometrics. 

I have seen people who expedited a day after they did their biometrics which is usually within a month after AOS submission. 

But I read in another form which I’m not allowed to name that they no longer accept expedite requests since August 15th ish. But it also depends on the customer service rep. because another person couldn’t expedite, then called a second time and was able to open up a request with another rep. 

I’m really surprised by the majority of the lawyers. Where do they get their information from?! Smh. 

Good luck! 

Thanks for the response! We are going to proceed with expediting the EAD via our congresswoman. We'll see what happens in the next 2 weeks I guess. 
I'm not sure where my lawyer gets her information lol she made it seem that our congresswoman would not help us since we live in a conservative state in a conservative county. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

I believe lawyers have no idea about anything that is going with USCIS. And most of them are lazy to even do a research. I did whole process by myself and I did better than any lawyer. At consultation lawyer asked me for 3000$ just to do paperwork which I already had filled up. He said he couldn't help with expedite or guarantee anythin. Glad I didn't take him. Expedited myself without anyone's help and got approved in 13 days. Lawyers are BS as they have no idea about anything

3 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

I believe lawyers have no idea about anything that is going with USCIS. And most of them are lazy to even do a research. I did whole process by myself and I did better than any lawyer. At consultation lawyer asked me for 3000$ just to do paperwork which I already had filled up. He said he couldn't help with expedite or guarantee anythin. Glad I didn't take him. Expedited myself without anyone's help and got approved in 13 days. Lawyers are BS as they have no idea about anything

Yeah, this isn't the first time our lawyer has said something that made us doubt her. We're actually having doubts about having her come in with us to the marriage interview (whenever that'll be haha)

When you expedited your EAD, what documents did you provide and did you base it on offer letter or financial loss (or both)?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Only provided job offer letter and cover letter. Job offer was explaining that for the company it's crucial to have me working for them as I have unique skills needed for the company and they would lose a lot more money if they had to search for someone else. That's all

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Andy1991 said:

Yeah, this isn't the first time our lawyer has said something that made us doubt her. We're actually having doubts about having her come in with us to the marriage interview (whenever that'll be haha)

When you expedited your EAD, what documents did you provide and did you base it on offer letter or financial loss (or both)?

Please be careful with your lawyer. I have read so many times that a lawyer messed up. It’s not their petition so if they make a mistake and delay something it’s just: oh oooops. Sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️

On 9/2/2018 at 9:19 AM, AJ001 said:

June 20th AOS Filer here.. any update? What’s your case status now? 

Nothing so far for us. Status is the case is ready to be scheduled for the interview.

We filed from ATL, biometrics is already done. Just waiting...

Hubby still hasn't received his EAD

I read the forum in immi help dot com (for some reason when i type the URL as it should be, this website masks it) and I see that some June filers have already received a date for their interview.

Edited by Andy1991

Update

I'm a longtime lurker, just wanted to chime in and say we received our interview notice last Friday! It is scheduled for October 10th! Our case was received by USCIS on may 30th, 2018 (I130, I131, I765, I485). Hubby is Zambian, I am US citizen, we applied to adjust his status from F1. He was on stem opt extension until it expired last month, everything else is still pending so we're guessing hubby will not end up receiving his AP or EAD before then with processing times for those growing longer everyday. His employer is holding his position so hopefully it won't be too long before he's back at work. We were in "ready to schedule interview" status for about 4 weeks (7/23-8/27) and we received 1 RFE on 6/20 while  we were on vacation so we returned when we got back after the fourth of July. Let me know if anyone has any general interview tips!

On 9/5/2018 at 11:50 PM, Zambianlove said:

Update

I'm a longtime lurker, just wanted to chime in and say we received our interview notice last Friday! It is scheduled for October 10th! Our case was received by USCIS on may 30th, 2018 (I130, I131, I765, I485). Hubby is Zambian, I am US citizen, we applied to adjust his status from F1. He was on stem opt extension until it expired last month, everything else is still pending so we're guessing hubby will not end up receiving his AP or EAD before then with processing times for those growing longer everyday. His employer is holding his position so hopefully it won't be too long before he's back at work. We were in "ready to schedule interview" status for about 4 weeks (7/23-8/27) and we received 1 RFE on 6/20 while  we were on vacation so we returned when we got back after the fourth of July. Let me know if anyone has any general interview tips!

That is great, congrats and good luck on your interview! You're much closer to the finish line!

My hubby was also on F1 OPT Extension status and it expired June 28th. USCIS received all of our documents a week before it expired. Our status so far says ready to be scheduled for interview soooo we just waiting. No EAD/AP so far. Hubby has not done his medical yet but he'll do it once we have a date.

From what I read around forums, bring as much evidence as possible. I recently bought a photo album and am printing out pictures from our Google Photos account and putting them into the album. I'm also saving some original mail that comes in for both he and I. Since a lot of mail comes electronically now, the ones that are hard proof I am saving in case they may have a problem with electronic ones that have been printed out.

From which state did you guys file from?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/3/2018 at 9:29 PM, Andy1991 said:

I read the forum in immi help dot com (for some reason when i type the URL as it should be, this website masks it) and I see that some June filers have already received a date for their interview.

There are people in this forum who filed at the end of June 2018, and have already had an interview.  It's a total hit and miss.

3 hours ago, AJ001 said:

Anyone who already recieved their ead

Some of us expedited and received the EAD.  Otherwise, the wait just keeps growing.

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: Last TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - Card is being produced

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-09-23: Mailed I-751 to USCIS

2020-10-03: 18-month extension NOA 

2020-10-15: Biometrics from AOS applied to ROC

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expired 

2021-05-17: Card is being produced

2021-05-24: Green Card received

------------------

2021-09-14: Online application for N-400

2022-05-04: Interview is scheduled

2022-06-13: N-400 Interview

2022-06-13: Immediate oath & naturalization certificate!

On 9/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, AJ001 said:

Anyone who already recieved their ead

We got an email today, my husband's EAD is in production. Of course, our interview is in like two weeks but it's nice just in case we have an RFE or something (Heaven forbid). My husband's friend who applied about a week before us had his card go into production last week.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a notification that my interview is ready to be scheduled.

Here's my timeline:

June 25 — Package delivered at Chicago Lock Box

July 3 — Got text and email notifications (late, around 9PM)

July 5 — Both cheques cashed

July 9 —  Received notice of acceptance receipt in the mail

July 16 — Received Biometrics request for July 24th, 8AM apt

July 25 — status for I-765 and I-485 changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

Sept 24 — EAD expedite requested

Sept 24 — Supporting documents for EAD expedite requested by USCIS

Oct 1 — Faxed in supporting documents for EAD expedite

Oct 11 — I-485 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.