aiyappan

June 2018 AOS Filers

310 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Received SMS-es today with case numbers for all 4 parts (AoS, EAD, AP,  i-130). Both checks are cashed. We are on the roll! We sent it on June 20th, so it took 12 days. No too bad. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I had filed for AOS on June 1. And I- 131 was rejected because I forgot to sign it. Stupid me LOL, anyway I refile June 30 and I just got an NOA1 electronically for it.

Anyways I got my biometrics interview yesterday but I’ll be doing a walk-in in Seattle on the ninth. My appointment was for the 14th but I’m away that weekend.

Edited by Laura & Chris

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

I'll be in LA tomorrow so I have the opportunity to do my Biometrics early if I walk in.  My appointment is for July 9 at 9am.

If I do go tomorrow, can I go at any time,or do they only let people come at 9am regardless?

I went and had my Biometrics done today.  The lady on the desk questioned why I needed to do a walk-in but I told her the truth, that I needed my wife to either drive me down or be my co-driver because I'm still on a driver's permit, and that she's working on the day of the appointment and the only way we could do it then was for her to be late and have me and my 6 year old son to wait in her company's break room for 8 hours, which I could do by myself, but would be difficult for our son. It wasn't busy so she let me do it but she told me that if I need to reschedule any appointments in the future to do what it says on the notice.

But then she wasn't happy that my passport is expired and asked if I had any other ID. I'd brought my birth certificate but that was no good because it's not a photo ID.  The man who was doing the actual biometrics told her it was okay, but she was on a roll.  I showed her my CA driver's permit - a piece of paper with a black-and-white photocopy of the photo that will be on my licence and says "Not valid for identification" (which is why I didn't produce it initially). She was okay with that though - except to comment that I look very different.  I told her it's because I shaved this morning and on the driving permit I have about two week's of growth.

I was visibly shaking with nerves by the end of it because all that was going through my head is that I know from VJ and other forums that expired passports are OK, and if I do have to come back on my appointment date I'm going to be in the same boat, and our application would be stalled in purgatory for weeks or even months while I tried to get a new passport.

But thankfully the man who took my photos and did my fingerprinting was very nice.  As we were walking back to the booths he told me I should relax, there's no problems with my ID, and we ended up having a good chat about the World Cup and how well England are doing right now.  When we were done he wished me a good day and good luck for the game on Saturday!

So now the real waiting begins...

On 6/28/2018 at 1:58 PM, aiyappan said:

Just got the fingerprinting done today....Process was very quick and simple. Went early and got done within 15 mins.

I guess the local office here is not that busy. Also, i have heard from other forums that you could go earlier than your appointment date, and try as long as you have the notice for your appointment.

We didn't try that but probably could have worked in case you are thinking about it.

Now the big wait starts for EAD/AP and interview.

I see your at the SA office too. After you got your text and emails what was the next step?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

AOS from TN:

June 25 — Package delivered at Chicago Lock Box

July 3 — Got text and email notifications (late, around 9PM)

July 5 — Both cheques cashed

On 7/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, IncogNitro said:

I went and had my Biometrics done today.  The lady on the desk questioned why I needed to do a walk-in but I told her the truth, that I needed my wife to either drive me down or be my co-driver because I'm still on a driver's permit, and that she's working on the day of the appointment and the only way we could do it then was for her to be late and have me and my 6 year old son to wait in her company's break room for 8 hours, which I could do by myself, but would be difficult for our son. It wasn't busy so she let me do it but she told me that if I need to reschedule any appointments in the future to do what it says on the notice.

But then she wasn't happy that my passport is expired and asked if I had any other ID. I'd brought my birth certificate but that was no good because it's not a photo ID.  The man who was doing the actual biometrics told her it was okay, but she was on a roll.  I showed her my CA driver's permit - a piece of paper with a black-and-white photocopy of the photo that will be on my licence and says "Not valid for identification" (which is why I didn't produce it initially). She was okay with that though - except to comment that I look very different.  I told her it's because I shaved this morning and on the driving permit I have about two week's of growth.

I was visibly shaking with nerves by the end of it because all that was going through my head is that I know from VJ and other forums that expired passports are OK, and if I do have to come back on my appointment date I'm going to be in the same boat, and our application would be stalled in purgatory for weeks or even months while I tried to get a new passport.

But thankfully the man who took my photos and did my fingerprinting was very nice.  As we were walking back to the booths he told me I should relax, there's no problems with my ID, and we ended up having a good chat about the World Cup and how well England are doing right now.  When we were done he wished me a good day and good luck for the game on Saturday!

So now the real waiting begins...

Glad to hear you had a good experience 

We are so nervous with all that's happening with ICE recently....one things for sure though....

Footballs coming home!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 11:35 PM, killadocg23 said:

I see your at the SA office too. After you got your text and emails what was the next step?

I waited for the hard copy of the receipts and then for the biometrics appointment receipt.

After which went to the biometrics appt. which was pretty quick and straightforward.

Now its just waiting game. No status updates after that.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:30 AM, PTNyC said:

Footballs coming home!

Fingers crossed!

I just received email and text notifications that my I-485 has been updated:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSC18912673xx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

As of July 10, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC18912673xx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Timeline
1 hour ago, IncogNitro said:

Fingers crossed!

I just received email and text notifications that my I-485 has been updated:

That is really awesome and fast! Good luck. I am still waiting for updates after the biometrics. The status still says "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". Keeping fingers crossed.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, Jqwing said:

Received text and email notifications yesterday the 26th of June. 

Sent package - June 15

Package delivered - June 18

Checks cashed - June 26 (afternoon)

Email and text notifications - June 26 (night)

Biometrics letter received- July  12

Got my biometrics letter today and it is scheduled for Monday. Bummed because I will not be able to make and will have to reschedule

Timeline
On 6/3/2018 at 12:54 AM, June2018 said:

We just sent our AOS packet on Friday = June 1, 2018

( i-130, 130a, 485, 693, 765, and 864)

HI

We are also preparing the check list of forms we must submit for AOS. I came to USA on B2 visa and got married to USC after three and half months.

If you can please share the list of documents you sent for AOS package would be very much appreciated. 

Nafazi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
19 minutes ago, nafazi said:

HI

We are also preparing the check list of forms we must submit for AOS. I came to USA on B2 visa and got married to USC after three and half months.

If you can please share the list of documents you sent for AOS package would be very much appreciated. 

Nafazi

MUST FILE

"I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)"    $535
"I-130A (Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary)"    
"I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)"    $1,225
"I-864 (Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA)"    $0

OPTIONAL, BUT NOT HURT IF YOU FILE TOGETHER COS THEY WILL BE FREE IF YOU FILE TOGETHER WITH I-485

"I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)"    $0

"I-131(Application for Travel Document)"    $0  

YOU CAN FILE TOGETHER OR WAIT FOR UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE COURTESY LETTER COS THE MEDICAL REPORT JUST VALID FOR 1 YEAR ONLY

I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record)    $0

• Feb 17 2018 - Arrived USA with B2-Tourist Visa
  • Apr 01 2018 - US Citizen Boyfriend proposed
  • Apr 18 2018 - Got Married in Montana, USA
  • May 15 2018 - Mailed out USCIS applications (I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox
  • (Day 1) May 16 2018 - Mail arrived Chicago Lockbox (confirmed by USPS) 
  • (Day 19) Jun 04 2018 - Received email & SMS notification - case received (All money orders being cashed on this day)
  • (Day 24) Jun 09 2018 - Received all receipts (NOA) from USCIS, also the Biometrics Appointment letter (Appointment date: Jun 18) 
  • (Day 33) Jun 18 2018 - Arrived Helena ASC at 9.15am (Appointment at 10am), finished at 9.35am (Yea it was super quick!)
  • (Day 35) Jun 20 2018 - Received SMS & Email notification request for evidence for my I-485
  • (Day 40) Jun 25 2018 - Courtesy letter for I-693 (Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) received
  • (Day 61) Jul 16 2018 - Case status of I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"
  • (Day 64) Jul 19 2018 -  Case status of I-485 changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"
  • (Day 71) Jul 26 2018 - Interview notice received (Interview scheduled on Aug 23 - 9.50AM)
  • (Day 99) Aug 23 2018 - Interview approved on the spot! Yay! 🎉  I-485 status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”,
  • (Day 100) Aug 24 2018 - I-131 & I-765 status changed to “Case Closed Benefit Received By Other Means”
  • (Day 107) Aug 31 2018 - I-485 status changed to “Card Was Mailed To Me”
  • (Day 111) Sep 04 2018 - I-485 status changed "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service"
  • (Day 113) Sep 06 2018 - Conditional Green Card Received!
  • May 23 2020 - Mailed out I-751
  • May 29 2020 - Received email & SMS notification - case received
  • June 1 2020 - Money order being cashed
  • July 15 2020 - status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” 
  • Feb 16 2021 - Status changed to “New Card is being Produce”
  • Feb 19 2021 - Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • Feb 24 2021 - New card received in the mail!
  • Feb 24 2023 - Filed N-400 online
  • Mar 11 2023 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter in mail (Appointment date: Mar 20)
  • Mar 20 2023 - Case status changed to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS"
  • Apr 04 2023 - Received online update "Interview Was Scheduled" (May 23)
  • May 23 2023 - Interview Passed on the spot
  • Oct 26 2023 - Status changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" (on Nov 9th)

http://pa1.narvii.com/5800/c9829514dbe031b3b25782c40cae78c189bfc3ab_00.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.