Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, VA21202 said:

Phew! So glad to hear that! It’s been a wait huh! Thanks for the update, good luck with squeezing in the timelines. Congrats and All the best 😃

Also, if you have a chance, please share your CEAC status @LMIV Thanks!

Status still says at NVC.

Thanks all! Great updates today, so glad! We don’t have any late April or May entries so I’m curious to see how far they got this time. If anyone has any info please let me know. Saw an F2A IL that was DQ’ed in March 22, 2021 so nice big jump there which might have forced them to use the remaining slots for EB. Good stuff!

Timeline
Just now, Blueeyes1989 said:

@Dip @corg Did you get IL?

I gave up on mine actually... Got a job offer that I couldn't turn down with time sensitivity. It was either stay at my current employer and pursue GC or give that up and take the new job. 

Not sure that's the right decision long term but we are going to restart with a new I140

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@corg Thanks for letting us know. Hope it works out for you at the end. 

Thanks! Looking back I am glad I didn't try to hang on and get the interview before switching jobs since it looks I'd still be waiting. It seems like a very long time ago but back in March/April I think we were optimistic about an internet in May. 

Now it's August and people still may not have received their interview letters for September. 

1 hour ago, Sunbr77 said:

Can Consular processing (Montreal) and AOS be filed simultaneously?

Would be in US working.

From what I’ve read, with the same primary applicant, we can only file either consular OR AoS: cannot do both simultaneously.

https://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards/ConsularProcessing/FAQsCPvsAOS.html

You are able to file both simultaneously if for instance you are the primary applicant on the Consular processing application and you also happen to be listed as a dependent on your spouse’s AoS application.

Category: EB2 NIW

DQ: October 2021

Expedite: June 2022

IL: June 2022

Medical: June 2022

Interview: end of July 2022

My wife and I got to the consulate early in the morning before it opened. We were instructed to wait outside by a guard for the building. Eventually more people arrived and lined up behind us. After the consulate opened we were asked to come in based on the time of our interview. We did not take any electronics or a bag of any kind, just a folder with our documents. There is a locker for small items like a cellphone if needed, but we had left ours in the car. Our folder and personal items were placed in a bin and scanned like at an airport and we were handed a paper with a number. We then went up an elevator to the interview area. We were eventually called up. The first officer asked for our passports, police checks, original birth and marriage certificates. Eventually he asked for our passport photos and scanned them in. Also asked us about our address in the US. He then asked us to go sit down. We were then called by a second officer who asked us a couple more questions and said he intended to approve us and that we would receive our passports within 2 weeks. CEAC status changed to issued - final processing a few hours after our interview. We received our passports on the 3rd business day after the interview along with a large packet that said "DO NOT OPEN". We traveled via a major airport the same day we received our passports. CBP did not give us any issues, we were taken into secondary processing where they confirmed our address again and stamped our passports. Glad to be done with this whole ordeal. 

39 minutes ago, pow123 said:

Category: EB2 NIW

DQ: October 2021

Expedite: June 2022

IL: June 2022

Medical: June 2022

Interview: end of July 2022

My wife and I got to the consulate early in the morning before it opened. We were instructed to wait outside by a guard for the building. Eventually more people arrived and lined up behind us. After the consulate opened we were asked to come in based on the time of our interview. We did not take any electronics or a bag of any kind, just a folder with our documents. There is a locker for small items like a cellphone if needed, but we had left ours in the car. Our folder and personal items were placed in a bin and scanned like at an airport and we were handed a paper with a number. We then went up an elevator to the interview area. We were eventually called up. The first officer asked for our passports, police checks, original birth and marriage certificates. Eventually he asked for our passport photos and scanned them in. Also asked us about our address in the US. He then asked us to go sit down. We were then called by a second officer who asked us a couple more questions and said he intended to approve us and that we would receive our passports within 2 weeks. CEAC status changed to issued - final processing a few hours after our interview. We received our passports on the 3rd business day after the interview along with a large packet that said "DO NOT OPEN". We traveled via a major airport the same day we received our passports. CBP did not give us any issues, we were taken into secondary processing where they confirmed our address again and stamped our passports. Glad to be done with this whole ordeal. 

Congratulations! How did your expedite get approved? 

1 hour ago, VA21202 said:

From what I’ve read, with the same primary applicant, we can only file either consular OR AoS: cannot do both simultaneously.

https://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards/ConsularProcessing/FAQsCPvsAOS.html

You are able to file both simultaneously if for instance you are the primary applicant on the Consular processing application and you also happen to be listed as a dependent on your spouse’s AoS application.

I'm the primary applicant and no spouse and no dependents, just me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.