Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
17 hours ago, David San said:

Hi Hanif, thanks for your detail explanations. Actually in last 24 hours I was researching and comparing those 3 embassies. I came to your conclusion as the condition is worst not better. I could not find a lot of information in regards to Yerevan, but I don't want to take any chances. I had Adjustment of Status option, but since I have family here and kids going to school I didn't want to move all to US or leave them alone for a year. @CanadianMD suggested to try Jordan. Do you know if we as Iranian can transfer to Jordan?

I don't think so. But I really want to be proven wrong. If you come across any information regarding other consulates please let me know. Is @CanadianMD Iranian too?

10 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

UPDATE:  Just checked CEAC  (at 3:44 CST) and have been updated to IN TRANSIT.  How much longer before we get the IL?  Those after me should check their status!

That's great news! Hopefully, you should get an interview letter this month.

My CEAC status still shows as "YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: NVC"

1 minute ago, topman said:

That's great news! Hopefully, you should get an interview letter this month.

My CEAC status still shows as "YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: NVC"

You are sooo close behind!  They haven't given out any IL's in 6 weeks so hopefully there will be a better showing than last month.  Fingers crossed!

42 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

UPDATE:  Just checked CEAC  (at 3:44 CST) and have been updated to IN TRANSIT.  How much longer before we get the IL?  Those after me should check their status!

That’s welcome news! Hope everyone starts seeing these soon too, especially @LMIV since DQ date is in March 2020. Keep us posted, thanks!

P.S. Mine is further out, Jun 2020, so still at NVC.

Edited by VA21202

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sorrel said:

Oh wow! You may get your IL today or tomorrow.

Personally, I didn’t notice the change to “in transit”,  despite checking everyday. So if my profile changed to ”in transit,” it was that way for less than a day.

7 minutes ago, LMIV said:

Great news @Sorrel !!  We are still at NVC but will keep checking!

I am a bit puzzled!  I keep keep checking CEAC to make sure it's actually true, but now I noticed this line:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

it says that the interview date was provided by NVC , but I am under the impression that the IL from Montreal Consulate will provide the date and time. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sorrel said:

I am a bit puzzled!  I keep keep checking CEAC to make sure it's actually true, but now I noticed this line:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

it says that the interview date was provided by NVC , but I am under the impression that the IL from Montreal Consulate will provide the date and time. 

I wonder if the e-mail from the NVC is auto generated and just hasn't gone out yet to inform you of the date/time.  @From_CAN_2_US do you have more info on how this works?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.