Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, CycleSS said:

They have stated they will not permit queues at the new location and even posted this video on their FB page...

Thank you. They’ve been saying this tho even with the old location but people still got in an hour or more before their appointment. Maybe they are following it now in their new address. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, sadee said:

Appointment at 9 am. They asked us to come back by 9   Only 10 people in line up. I think as it was first day at the new location they saw only few people. 

Thank you. How was it inside? Did they take you to another floor or room? I’ve seen only the screening/security area and it’s small. 

And if you went in at 9am, what time did you finish? Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, KartineeKartoons said:

Thank you. How was it inside? Did they take you to another floor or room? I’ve seen only the screening/security area and it’s small. 

And if you went in at 9am, what time did you finish? Thank you so much!

Inside is O.K. They do security checks on main floor, then take to first floor. Screening area is small. We went at 9 am and finished by 1030 am. Is there anyway we can track the Purolator without getting tracking number? Thanks

Timeline
51 minutes ago, sadee said:

Inside is O.K. They do security checks on main floor, then take to first floor. Screening area is small. We went at 9 am and finished by 1030 am. Is there anyway we can track the Purolator without getting tracking number? Thanks

Wait are they using purolator or canada post now? 

Thanm you for replying 🤗

Edited by KartineeKartoons

Timeline
1 minute ago, sadee said:

I registered for priority courier, says Purolator . Is there anyway to track without number? 

I don’t think there is any other way. Did you receive an email that your passport is on the way? Or on the status of your visa? 

Timeline
15 hours ago, sadee said:

Not yet

Sorry I have one more question. Do they still have a place to keep our phones at the new location? Thank you so much

On 10/28/2019 at 5:58 PM, BurBur said:

I don't think they turn people away. In our experience the check-in lady just have a list of interviewees on her ipad. And then she found us and checked us in. If you have a reason to go early, then I'll say go for it. Worst case, they ask you to come back a little bit later.

Hi Burbur

My interview is done, in CEAC status it shows "issued" and got verbal approval that "approved". When I read ceac status under issued tells that undergoing necessary administrative processing. How long it will take to get passports back? Will they notify us through email when they send passports? I selected Purolator as priority delivery, so how does that work? Please reply. My interview was done on Tuesday, Nov 12.

6 hours ago, sadee said:

Hi Burbur

My interview is done, in CEAC status it shows "issued" and got verbal approval that "approved". When I read ceac status under issued tells that undergoing necessary administrative processing. How long it will take to get passports back? Will they notify us through email when they send passports? I selected Purolator as priority delivery, so how does that work? Please reply. My interview was done on Tuesday, Nov 12.

The ISSUED status with AP message just means it's in process. Then it would change to ISSUED - Final Processing. In our case it was 1 business day later. Then 1 day later we received an email saying it's ready to pick up. We signed up the post office at Montreal and it was ready the day after the email. I think in your case it should be just fine since the officer said so. And it would be pretty quick based on some others' experience on the premium service. Congrates! Hope this helps.

41 minutes ago, BurBur said:

The ISSUED status with AP message just means it's in process. Then it would change to ISSUED - Final Processing. In our case it was 1 business day later. Then 1 day later we received an email saying it's ready to pick up. We signed up the post office at Montreal and it was ready the day after the email. I think in your case it should be just fine since the officer said so. And it would be pretty quick based on some others' experience on the premium service. Congrates! Hope this helps.

Thanks Burbur, I attached the screenshot here and the lady told us  will get passports back in 2 weeks.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.31.05 PM.png

48 minutes ago, BurBur said:

So I had interview on Tuesday and still the status shows like this, is everything ok?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.