cirenebrown

Case Revocation Notice sent from USCIS

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I don't have the final answer from USCIS but a letter was mailed to me on May 17, 2018 stating USCIS is revoking the original approval. My spouse interview in June 2017 in Dakar, and his case was returned to the state department. At the time of the interview he stated the lady told him all our pictures are in the same place. He told her that was not true, if she wanted he could tell her where all the photos were taken and at what time. She ask him at that time why he had my passport. He explained the passport was no longer valid because i changed my name and a copy of the newly issued passport was in the package to show the name change, that old one was submitted for the stamps and documentation.

I have been reading other people's post, and the one thing I keep seeing is people state they send copies of their chat logs for documentation when this happens. I have a little bit of a problem, I upgraded my phone and my Ipad since we started dating (ipad Pro came out as the did the iphone X) and I just downloaded whatsapp and viber again. How was I supposed to know that stuff would be the crux of everything. I am not even sure my husband knows how to export his chat logs on his phone. I do have some Western Union transfer receipts, from prior to marriage to show when I helped him after his automobile accident. Which we wrote a long letter initially when we applied stating we only decided to get married after that life changing event.

Even though I don't have their response, I am sure it will be for validity of relationship. (Seems to be the majority of the returns from Dakar Embassy in my opinion.) Any ideas what I could send to their request.

I have returned to Senegal twice since his initial interview for varying lengths of time. Unfortunately someone suggested I go and stay for a month or more, but that is just not a feasible idea. The only reason I didn't just move and live with my spouse is because I am in the middle of a career I have worked hard to establish. I'm a typical American and I take the standard weekly/two week vacations, which work since I am in charge of a unit. I'm a lowly federal employee, and leave isn't distributed in abundant amounts.

Any thoughts would be well received.

Thanks in advance

Timeline

Greetings:

After the first interview my husband received 221g from embassy stating that our case was being returned to USCIS. Fortunately I was able to return to Dakar and spent one month there. When I returned home I waited for six months for case to return back. It actually took over a year and getting my Senator's office involved before a response from Uscis- NOIR. We responded but unfortunately was denied.  I  then filed an appeal providing detailed documentation and won the appeal  (Hallelujah). Uscis returned case to NVC, now just waiting to hear from embassy. Dakar is one of the hardest embassies.  Just provide as much detailed information showing bona fide relationship and it helps of you can visit often. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, cirenebrown said:

I don't have the final answer from USCIS but a letter was mailed to me on May 17, 2018 stating USCIS is revoking the original approval. My spouse interview in June 2017 in Dakar, and his case was returned to the state department. At the time of the interview he stated the lady told him all our pictures are in the same place. He told her that was not true, if she wanted he could tell her where all the photos were taken and at what time. She ask him at that time why he had my passport. He explained the passport was no longer valid because i changed my name and a copy of the newly issued passport was in the package to show the name change, that old one was submitted for the stamps and documentation.

I have been reading other people's post, and the one thing I keep seeing is people state they send copies of their chat logs for documentation when this happens. I have a little bit of a problem, I upgraded my phone and my Ipad since we started dating (ipad Pro came out as the did the iphone X) and I just downloaded whatsapp and viber again. How was I supposed to know that stuff would be the crux of everything. I am not even sure my husband knows how to export his chat logs on his phone. I do have some Western Union transfer receipts, from prior to marriage to show when I helped him after his automobile accident. Which we wrote a long letter initially when we applied stating we only decided to get married after that life changing event.

Even though I don't have their response, I am sure it will be for validity of relationship. (Seems to be the majority of the returns from Dakar Embassy in my opinion.) Any ideas what I could send to their request.

I have returned to Senegal twice since his initial interview for varying lengths of time. Unfortunately someone suggested I go and stay for a month or more, but that is just not a feasible idea. The only reason I didn't just move and live with my spouse is because I am in the middle of a career I have worked hard to establish. I'm a typical American and I take the standard weekly/two week vacations, which work since I am in charge of a unit. I'm a lowly federal employee, and leave isn't distributed in abundant amounts.

Thanks in advance

Other trips as you noted are always good, shows commitment. Seems they were 'nip-picking' about photos and all as reasons for, as you said to disprove the "validity" of the relationship. When they say stuff like that, about photos or maybe chat logs, doesn't mean that's the real reason, its just a way to say something for some other reason. The money transfers, while seeming for a good reason can also be looked badly upon depending how much and at what frequency it is being sent.

Think the more time spent there on trips is probably best way to show the validity as well as continued relationship chat logs, ect. Hopefully you'll hear more soon and be able to get it resolved.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How much time together did you spend before you married.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It sounds like you made the mistake of doing a "photo day" during your visit.  They seem to pick up on you having the same clothes on for all your pictures.  It makes the evidence seem staged

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

This process is so uncertain. I filed for a K1 visa and by the time my fiancee had his interview I visited him 3 times in less than 2 years for more than 4 months total. We had photo, logs, hotel receipt, travel.... We're on AP at this point. It's been 2 months as of today. Waiting to hear back. Called USCIS they don't have his petition, called the NVC was told his case is still at the embassay. Emails the Embassy, generic emails responses.

You will find out in the letter from USCIS and proceed accordindgly. Stay strong. Visit as often as you can.

Please keep us posted.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, cirenebrown said:

I don't have the final answer from USCIS but a letter was mailed to me on May 17, 2018 stating USCIS is revoking the original approval.

Is the title of the notice, "Notice of Intent to Revoke..."?  If so, you will have the opportunity to send a response, after which their intent can change from "revocation" to "reaffirmation".  Please clarify.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, cirenebrown said:

Yes it is "Notice of Intent to Revoke".

Do you have friends and family that you have discussed this relationship with?  Affidavits from as many of them as possible with details of what they know about your relationship can help.

Have you mentioned your relationship on any social media where you can show timestamped posts?

I'm pretty sure you can get your logs directly from Viber.  Try contacting the company directly.

Timeline
1 minute ago, samiam5211 said:

Do you have friends and family that you have discussed this relationship with?  Affidavits from as many of them as possible with details of what they know about your relationship can help.

Have you mentioned your relationship on any social media where you can show timestamped posts?

I'm pretty sure you can get your logs directly from Viber.  Try contacting the company directly.

Thanks - for Viber, I actually found an export of for a period of time that I submitted to NVC and my spouse took to his interview. I will have it all translated, at least the part in French and Wolof, to show we communicated prior to marriage.

My husband is going to have some affidavits from people over there prior to marriage, and that attended the marriage and know us now. I  didn't think about getting any from people here, but I see your point. I can get some from multiple people that knew we were intending to get married and prior as well.

Social media stamps...not so much. It's funny most people share that with the world, but me not so much. Even after marriage I have posted very little, just some sporadic shares with family. My best bet might be the friends and family members that knew and know us. He actually speaks with multiple family member through chat platforms. And he and my oldest chat reguraly online. my stepchildren also message with my oldest son on their own. Strange but we have tried to function as normal as possible in this very abnormal family we have created.

Any other suggestions are welcome. In my mind the packages I sent were overkill, but clearly I was deficient.

Timeline
5 hours ago, cirenebrown said:

Yes it is "Notice of Intent to Revoke".

Then start reading other threads about NOIR or Notice of Intent to Revoke.  The keyword is "intent".  The notice tells you that unless you send compelling evidence addressing the issues in the notice, that they will "revoke" their approval of your petition at some later date.  Your approval has NOT been revoked yet.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack posts removed.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 5/22/2018 at 2:16 PM, cirenebrown said:

Thanks - for Viber, I actually found an export of for a period of time that I submitted to NVC and my spouse took to his interview. I will have it all translated, at least the part in French and Wolof, to show we communicated prior to marriage.

My husband is going to have some affidavits from people over there prior to marriage, and that attended the marriage and know us now. I  didn't think about getting any from people here, but I see your point. I can get some from multiple people that knew we were intending to get married and prior as well.

Social media stamps...not so much. It's funny most people share that with the world, but me not so much. Even after marriage I have posted very little, just some sporadic shares with family. My best bet might be the friends and family members that knew and know us. He actually speaks with multiple family member through chat platforms. And he and my oldest chat reguraly online. my stepchildren also message with my oldest son on their own. Strange but we have tried to function as normal as possible in this very abnormal family we have created.

Any other suggestions are welcome. In my mind the packages I sent were overkill, but clearly I was deficient.

Any news? Did you receive the letter?

Timeline
On 5/21/2018 at 8:21 AM, cirenebrown said:

Thanks in advance

If your petition approval has been revoked, you really don't have any choice except to decide whether you will file a new petition.  "How was I supposed to know.....?" questions are pretty simple.  You needed to do your homework early and often.  Early, before you married and often after.  

Time spent together in person is the best evidence of a bona fide relationship.  A "leave of absence" can be arranged for a longer stay together.  Not arranging that, indicates that your career is more important to you than your relationship with and ability to live with your spouse.  You overcome that with significant time together.

On the other hand, you say nothing about your response to the Notice of Intent to Revoke.  This tells me you haven't even done enough homework to understand the notice is not final.  You get to rebut and change their mind, meaning they can re-affirm your petition approval and get a second interview.

You never see a notice of revocation without first seeing and having the opportunity to respond to a Notice of Intent to Revoke.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.