2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Each Embassy has it's own procedures and requirements. For someone processing in the Philippines they only need either the NVC letter or a screen shot of there confirmation page from the interview scheduling to complete their medical. They also are only required to finish the medical before the interview. The medical results are given to the applicant to hand carry to their interview. Which means if the Medical is completed the day before the interview no problem as they will carry the next day to the interview their medical results.

So be careful in what you offer as advice. Not all Embassy's process the same. :thumbs:

I know some countries don't need much for the medical, BUT almost every African country needs an interview date prior to the medical,the advice was right and directed @jean baptiste for anyone else that's why I started my advice with "from what I know and understand" this clearly shows I also have doubts about other countries........lol 

Thanks though.

7 hours ago, DK AND MK said:

I know some countries don't need much for the medical, BUT almost every African country needs an interview date prior to the medical,the advice was right and directed @jean baptiste for anyone else that's why I started my advice with "from what I know and understand" this clearly shows I also have doubts about other countries........lol 

Thanks though.

Yes just about every African country needs an interview date prior to the medical, BUT ALL countries are required to have an interview date prior to attempting to complete their medical, not just African countries..... lol

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, DK AND MK said:

Thanks though.

hey thx you

and you're right because i have been there at the hospital once already for information and they told me that they need two weeks time to proceed and completed the medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
On 5/19/2018 at 5:25 AM, ChuAni said:

The big the big question for us in Togo is when do we file the DS-160. We both have the NVC case number and it is in "ready" status at the embassy and we received the email it was being sent to the embassy. So according to what I read below off the Togo embassy site it sounds like we can file the DS-160. Pay the fee and then set up the interview? Packet 3 from what I understand on the forum is about what to bring to the interview so therefore we don't want to be waiting for something that's not supposed to arrive until we file the DS-160. Does that sound correct?

from the Togo embassy website:

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview.

Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants may apply for K-2 visas. Separate applications must be submitted for each K visa applicant, and each K visa applicant must pay the visa application fee.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

07/14/18 : WEDDiNG :wub:

9/12/18 - AOS & EAD application sent

9/14/18 - Receipt of AOS & EAD

9/21/18 - Notice of Biometric appt rec'd

10/11/18 - Biometrics appt.

1/23/19 - Notice of interview date rec'd

2/27/19 - Interview date & verbal approval

Timeline
On 5/19/2018 at 5:25 AM, ChuAni said:

Thank you also for these links!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ElieSon said:

Thank you also for these links!!!

You should file your DS-160, sign and submit if you haven't.

You're right about the Packet 3 (List of Instructions). 

After waiting for 2-5 days and no email, you should go ahead to pay the fee and schedule.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

After waiting for 2-5 days and no email, you should go ahead to pay the fee and schedule.

God bless you!!! @ChuAni, This is what I was looking for. @jean baptiste here's our answer. Let me know what you find out about the medical. 

We won't file until Tuesday as my fiancé is in Benin to get the police record since he lived there for 3 years. 

6 hours ago, ElieSon said:

The big the big question for us in Togo is when do we file the DS-160. We both have the NVC case number and it is in "ready" status at the embassy and we received the email it was being sent to the embassy. So according to what I read below off the Togo embassy site it sounds like we can file the DS-160. Pay the fee and then set up the interview? Packet 3 from what I understand on the forum is about what to bring to the interview so therefore we don't want to be waiting for something that's not supposed to arrive until we file the DS-160. Does that sound correct?

from the Togo embassy website:

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview.

Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants may apply for K-2 visas. Separate applications must be submitted for each K visa applicant, and each K visa applicant must pay the visa application fee.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

God bless you!!! @ChuAni. but here is the controversy. at the hospital, in their requirement, they told me that the interview letter is required and that letter will mention the date of my interview. see, so that's something that is supposed to came along with the packet 3 if i'm not wrong. that's the reason i'm planing to call the hospital if the said it's the only valuable document so we have no choice because you cannot go the interview without the medical and if the hospital need a letter from the embassy before run the medical for you and you don't have the letter, what else can you do? that's the box we're in

6 hours ago, ChuAni said:

from what i know and from when i was doing my B2 visa, we here in togo we pay the fees at the embassy the day of the interview. so i don't know how would it be if the fiance (e) want to pay from US

6 hours ago, ElieSon said:

God bless you!!! @ChuAni, This is what I was looking for. @jean baptiste here's our answer. Let me know what you find out about the medical. 

We won't file until Tuesday as my fiancé is in Benin to get the police record since he lived there for 3 years. 

i should confess that i have a similar plan but i stop now again regarding what i explain on top RE.the hospital asking for an interview letter. well i have my police certificate already. lukcy because  i love traveling but have never spend 6 months straight anywhere

11 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

i should confess that i have a similar plan but i stop now again regarding what i explain on top RE.the hospital asking for an interview letter. well i have my police certificate already. lukcy because  i love traveling but have never spend 6 months straight anywhere

i should confess that i have a similar plan but i stop now again regarding what i explain on top RE.the hospital asking for an interview letter. well i have my police certificate already. lukcy because  i love traveling but have never spend 6 months straight anywhere. 

the day i went to the hospital, the didn't realize first that i was there for the information.

they thought i came in for the exam and their first question was when is your interview? and when i explain my case they told me well we need two weeks ahead of your interview date. but another question is; what if we wait for packet 3 which finally arrived with a date that don't give us 2 weeks for the medical exam to be completed?

anyway i'm waiting for an answer to my mail this week, i'll see what the hospital will tell me about the NVC letter and i can move forward.

i don't have my time to give to any other institution if not my family but with the US it's always complicated 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

Interview Letter; Yes!

That's the Interview Appointment Letter...In Nigeria, you attend the Medicals with it. No Appointment Letter, no Medicals..

3 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Interview Letter; Yes!

That's the Interview Appointment Letter...In Nigeria, you attend the Medicals with it. No Appointment Letter, no Medicals..

see where we're. i'm pretty sure it'll be the same issue here in Togo. so do you get yours by email in the same packet 3? :bonk: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.