1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

My I130 was approved March 13th. I received notice in mail that is was approved and being sent to NVC. I called NVC last week, and they said they received my petition on March 30th and that it could take up to 8 weeks to get in their system. This Friday will be 9 weeks.... I called today and was told that I am part of a new online processing group and that they received my petition yesterday May 29th and that it could take up to 8 weeks to get documents scanned and in the system.... I explained that they did not just receive my petition yesterday, that it's been almost 9 weeks. What happened was when my case was approved for online processing, it went to another department and they wrong date as received.... the woman I spoke with made a note and told me she was going to notify a supervisor and that she needs to tell me that it could take up to 6 weeks for Supervisor. I called back and spoke to someone else who said Supervisor will most likely contact the department that puts info in system and have them get my case into the system. Up until this point this whole process has run very smoothly for us... as smooth as could be expected....however it is taking a toll on my patience and sanity. So I am assuming a pivot case is one that is moved to online processing? Anyone know what I might expect from this supervisor? I have all my documents prepared and waiting....

Timeline
23 hours ago, A.Ali said:

Thanks for sharing. I have followed your advice and asked them to elevate my case. I hope things go well!

The same exact thing just happened to me! They said they were getting a supervisor involved....and it could take up to 6 weeks. NVC received my petition March 30th, 8 weeks later nothing, this Friday will be 9 weeks.... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kerkarbo said:

My I130 was approved March 13th. I received notice in mail that is was approved and being sent to NVC. I called NVC last week, and they said they received my petition on March 30th and that it could take up to 8 weeks to get in their system. This Friday will be 9 weeks.... I called today and was told that I am part of a new online processing group and that they received my petition yesterday May 29th and that it could take up to 8 weeks to get documents scanned and in the system.... I explained that they did not just receive my petition yesterday, that it's been almost 9 weeks. What happened was when my case was approved for online processing, it went to another department and they wrong date as received.... the woman I spoke with made a note and told me she was going to notify a supervisor and that she needs to tell me that it could take up to 6 weeks for Supervisor. I called back and spoke to someone else who said Supervisor will most likely contact the department that puts info in system and have them get my case into the system. Up until this point this whole process has run very smoothly for us... as smooth as could be expected....however it is taking a toll on my patience and sanity. So I am assuming a pivot case is one that is moved to online processing? Anyone know what I might expect from this supervisor? I have all my documents prepared and waiting....

Seems like the problem is same for everyone.Though my case is non-pivot.But the received date is same as yours 03/30/2018.They said the same thing that they would check why it's taking too much time & transferred that to the Supervisor.Now things are so confusing.Basically what they meant that it will take another 6-8 weeks for u from 29th May??? Is it what they said?? This Nvc!!!!! 😩

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Seems like the problem is same for everyone.Though my case is non-pivot.But the received date is same as yours 03/30/2018.They said the same thing that they would check why it's taking too much time & transferred that to the Supervisor.Now things are so confusing.Basically what they meant that it will take another 6-8 weeks for u from 29th May??? Is it what they said?? This Nvc!!!!! 😩

Yes, they did say that, but then after I explained I already waited 8 weeks, they said they will get a supervisor involved. Should take a week or two for supervisor to get this done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 12:38 AM, Mv&Sh said:

Hi!

Just wait for the email, you should get it in about a week time. (I got it in exactly one week) But don’t expect big news.. :D This is what I got:

1FF0E73C-CFA5-4967-BFAC-885581835B37.jpeg

Hey you are right. I did got the same email today. So is it going to take longer for interview date? 

6 hours ago, jess3 said:

Hey everyone, 

I (German) and my husband filed the CR1 visa in the US and we are elgible for electronic filing with NVC. I filled out the DS-260 form and am stuck with the supporting documents they need now. I hope someone will be able to help with a couple of questions: 

1) they ask for photographs but no further Definition. Do they want me to upload biographic photos? 

2) they ask me for police certificates from my home country and Georgia (I guess they mean the state) because I entered, that I lived there before (5 months for an internship) but do they really need that? 

3) they also want "exchange visitor documentation" because I was on a J1 internship visa while living in Georgia for 5 months. Does that mean paperwork/contract from the company I interned at? 

4) I heard that the documents dont need to be translated due to the police certificate not having entries, marriage certificate beeing easy to understand etc. But on the Page where the steps are explained they say you need to translated everything thats not in english? 

5) what is meant with optional documents? 

Thanks so much in advance!! 

20180531_022524.png

1) In "Photographs," I uploaded a passport picture of myself.

2) See my posts here and here about this issue.

3) For the J-1 documentation, I uploaded a copy of the visa in my passport as well as all D-2019s I still had. (Visa stamp would be sufficient, I believe.)

4) You only need to get things translated that aren't either in English or German.

5) I uploaded extra evidence of our bona fide marriage (just a bunch of photos taken post-NOA1) in the optional section. I think it's mainly up to you here to decide what additional documents would support your case.

Good luck!

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So Guys today we just done medicaL at
 WiLson Care Lahore,Pakistan.
It was great experience and they toLd us to get medical result at evening 7PM today.
Very Quick one.
Category IR 2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
54 minutes ago, hl and bl said:

Hey you are right. I did got the same email today. So is it going to take longer for interview date? 

Hi!

I hope it won’t take long, I am actually expecting to get the interview date today or tomorrow. But I will give NVC a call this afternoon (or tomorrow the latest), might get lucky. :) @Rkb23 called for an update and eventually got the interview date through the phone. (@Rkb23 Congrats btw :))

Any update on your case @kendraf and @vistajones ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, hl and bl said:

So according to the operator my wife talked to, NVC is scheduling the interviews at the end of each month. What I am hoping for, that they schedule ALL May approved CCs by the end of this month. Unfortunately I haven’t got any update since the email you just got too (it’s been 6 days, including a weekend and national holiday, so it makes it 3 working days), but I will give NVC a call today or tomorrow..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
56 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

1) In "Photographs," I uploaded a passport picture of myself.

2) See my posts here and here about this issue.

3) For the J-1 documentation, I uploaded a copy of the visa in my passport as well as all D-2019s I still had. (Visa stamp would be sufficient, I believe.)

4) You only need to get things translated that aren't either in English or German.

5) I uploaded extra evidence of our bona fide marriage (just a bunch of photos taken post-NOA1) in the optional section. I think it's mainly up to you here to decide what additional documents would support your case.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for all the info!! 

I do not have the visa anymore (cant find it) but have the documents that I filed it with and the appointment confirmation sheet for the interview. 

So if my documents are in German its alright and i dont need to translate? 

Cheers :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.