heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, kirkab said:

I sent my package 12th of April. It was received 14th of April. 

Still didn't get NOA and my check hasn't been cashed. Just wanted to share my worries with you guys. 

Hope it's all right and just need to be patient.  

Both service centers look backed up so i wouldn't really worry. 

K-1 Timeline

09/15/14 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/14 - NOA1 Text Message
05/04/15 - NOA2 Text message - Approved
09/15/15 - Interview Montreal [221(g) given for missing ORIGINAL Birth Certificate]
09/15/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Sept 15th
11/13/15 - Sent missing document via Loomis to Montreal
11/16/15 - Loomis Tracking shows delivered
11/19/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 19th
11/21/15 - Ceac Status shows READY for Nov 21st [Case Creation Date updated to Nov 21st]
11/25/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 25th
11/30/15 - VISA Issued !!!!!
12/07/15 - VISA in hand

AOS Timeline

03/26/16 - Mailed AOS Package
04/03/16 - USCIS Received
05/04/16 - Biometrics Done
05/07/16 - RFE Received (I-864 Joint Sponsor Documentation)
06/28/16 - EAD/AP Approved

07/11/16 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!! / No Interview :dance:
07/13/16 - 2 Year Conditional Green Card arrived in mail

2 hours ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

Thank you Archie. How do we ask to get that statement removed from our SS cards? Should we quote anything official in case they refuse to do it? As I hear some SS workers don't really know the rights of permanent citizens. 

Hi there,

SSN office will just remove for you. Most of ppl that I've known have the wording removed after bring your GC to SSN office to replace. Additionally, the SSN still flag as GC holder in their system because you have to go to SSN office to replace one more time once you are USC. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ArchieD said:

Hi there,

SSN office will just remove for you. Most of ppl that I've known have the wording removed after bring your GC to SSN office to replace. Additionally, the SSN still flag as GC holder in their system because you have to go to SSN office to replace one more time once you are USC. 

Thank you so much. If they ask me "what do you need this update for" what can I tell them? As they probably won't see this as urgent.

Just now, ParabolaEulogy said:

Thank you so much. If they ask me "what do you need this update for" what can I tell them? As they probably won't see this as urgent.

My husband updated his SSN easily. You just fill out the same form as you did to obtain an SSN, bring whatever proof required, and tell them you'd like to update your SSN. It's done in a matter of minutes and the card is sent along in a week or so. It's nothing to do with being a priority, it's a service everyone is allowed to request. There's no reason why they would reject it.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

My husband updated his SSN easily. You just fill out the same form as you did to obtain an SSN, bring whatever proof required, and tell them you'd like to update your SSN. It's done in a matter of minutes and the card is sent along in a week or so. It's nothing to do with being a priority, it's a service everyone is allowed to request. There's no reason why they would reject it.

Thank you so much. Glad it went all smoothly for him. Our local SS office gave us incorrect information when it was time to apply for the SS card, so I hope they are cooperative this time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
22 hours ago, robhat said:

I attached a G-1145 with my ROC packet that I filed in Feb 2018. I didn't receive any notification that it was delivered/accepted, but my NOA was processed fine and delivered within a week so it won't cause a rejection.  Hopefully the CSC will start moving on NOAs for you guys soon and biometrics for everybody. From these threads people who filed in Dec 2017 are still waiting for biometric appointment letters...

that's so great to know!! thanks so much...:)

Henry N Giddens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi guys! Vermont received my i-751 on April 13th. Check still hasnt been cashed. =(

Hope they do not lose our papers so we can hear some news soon!! =)

Hi guys-

I think I read it was mentioned in a previous thread or somewhere in the forum. I wanted to repeat it here for those who have impending travel plans. I scheduled an InfoPass appointment at https://my.uscis.gov/appointment.  It seems as though they have the ability to stamp an extension on your passport if you have travel plans- at their discretion of course if you filed in a timely manner.

Our GC expires 5/23 and we have international travel 5/19-6/1.  Our appointment is 5/14 so I'll update you on whether or not we were successful.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

Just joined the thread.

My I-751 was delivered on April 7th, haven't received NOA and the check is not cashed yet.

Sorry i did not ready all the posts here but is there anyone else with ~same deliver date and same issue?

If not should i call them or something? 

Service center is California laguna...

Thank you!

Hi guys, fellow April filer! Sent in my I-751 on April 19 to VSC, received April 20 and patiently waiting for them to at least cash my check so I know the application has been accepted. BAH. 

Edited by goolia

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

Also, does anyone have any knowledge about travelling via plane within the United States on a probationary driver's license? I am flying to Miami two weeks from today from Newark. My probationary license expires July 22 however, I cannot renew it right now because I don't have the NOA from the I-751. On the other hand, if I travel with my Canadian passport, I would need to carry my expired green card with me along with the NOA which again, I do not have yet. Any suggestions???

K1, EAD/AP + AOS + ROC = 0 RFE's

Next step: Citizenship!

1 hour ago, goolia said:

Also, does anyone have any knowledge about travelling via plane within the United States on a probationary driver's license? I am flying to Miami two weeks from today from Newark. My probationary license expires July 22 however, I cannot renew it right now because I don't have the NOA from the I-751. On the other hand, if I travel with my Canadian passport, I would need to carry my expired green card with me along with the NOA which again, I do not have yet. Any suggestions???

Typically, you should be OK to travel domestically with a valid passport. TSA mostly just wants to verify identity on domestic travel. Your license should be fine since it is still valid. I would use both to prove your identity. TSA should not be worried about verifying residency for domestic travel. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.