heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, JMDI said:

Thank you! Just FYI, I recently applied and got a Schengen visa without any issue, using the extension letter and expired GC. Good luck!

Oh thank you!!! I need to get a Schengen one soon too lol - Great news!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Annchez02 said:

Hi there,

I also sent off my I 751 and keep checking my status online. Since may it is saying fingerprint review was completed. Does anyone know what that means? Is that the so called biometrics or will i still be issued and appointment for fingerprinting at a service center?

Any answers highly appreciated.

Thank you

Yes, that is your biometrics. If you are at CSC, they most likely waived your biometrics and using them from AOS but you should have received a letter from them letting you know they are re-using them. 

On 8/14/2018 at 7:15 AM, LinJoe said:

Has anyone from CSC gotten an 18 month extension letter? More specifically, any April filers from CSC?

No. Still waiting here. And nothing about Biometrics too.... going to my homecountry for 3 weeks, soI hope nothing arrives while I am away! I filed at CSC and hopefully they will just reusing my fingerprints...

ROC sent to CSC - 04/02/2018

ROC recieved by CSC - 04/06/2018

Money Order cashed - 05/23/2018

NOA in mail - 05/25/2018 :dance:

18 month extension letter in mail - 08/27/2018

Biometric Appointment waved - 03/09/2019

Letter in mail that case got approved - 05/03/2019

New Green Card in Mail - 05/06/2019 :dance::dancing:

3 hours ago, ch3john said:

Yes, that is your biometrics. If you are at CSC, they most likely waived your biometrics and using them from AOS but you should have received a letter from them letting you know they are re-using them. 

Hi john, thank you for the answer. Yes I filed with CSC and have only received NOA letter. Nothing else that let me know about reusing my fingerprints. So i guess from what you saying the only other time I need to be physically available to them would be for an interview? Do you know how long it takes to get an interview? And what is the next step in my case anyways?

Again thank you so much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Knops said:

No. Still waiting here. And nothing about Biometrics too.... going to my homecountry for 3 weeks, soI hope nothing arrives while I am away! I filed at CSC and hopefully they will just reusing my fingerprints...

We are a May filer and received an 18 month extension letter last week (CSC)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Annchez02 said:

Hi john, thank you for the answer. Yes I filed with CSC and have only received NOA letter. Nothing else that let me know about reusing my fingerprints. So i guess from what you saying the only other time I need to be physically available to them would be for an interview? Do you know how long it takes to get an interview? And what is the next step in my case anyways?

Again thank you so much.

The next step is to enjoy your life and be patient. Current processing times at CSC are 18-21 months from the time you filed. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 8/22/2018 at 10:44 PM, Knops said:

I received my 18months letter few days ago, April CSC filer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm receiving USCIS letter in mail today as per USPS Daily email, but I already received 18-month extension letter. I'm wondering what is this letter about. Filed I-751 at CSC

Possibly

1. Related to fingerprint waiver

2. Duplicate letter for 18-month extension

Edited by sharin

N-400 Application Timeline :

Application sent via mail - April 15th  (Field office Dallas, TX)

NOA Receipt date - April 17th

Biometrics receipt - April 22th (appointment scheduled for May 14th)

Biometrics completed - May 7th (Early Walk-in)

Interview scheduled notification - November 12th (via email - waiting to receive letter in mail for actual Interview date)

Interview completed & Case approved - November 17th

Naturalization Ceremony (in January 2020 - waiting on notice)

1 hour ago, sharin said:

I'm receiving USCIS letter in mail today as per USPS Daily email, but I already received 18-month extension letter. I'm wondering what is this letter about. Filed I-751 at CSC

Possibly

1. Related to fingerprint waiver

2. Duplicate letter for 18-month extension

I'm thinking it could be the biometrics waiver. :) 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just wondering what people's 12 month extension letter looked like? I think I only got a single letter stating that they received my form and are currently processing my application and that they will use my previous biometrics. Doesn't say anything about extension and from googling other peoples letter looks much more detailed than this one. Making me worried.

Also, I moved from Florida to Vermont since filing and got a notice that they were moving my case to the appropriate jurisdiction, but the letter says they're moving it to CSC when it was already there *shrug* 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Amadia said:

Nothing was changed on USCIS website for case, normally cases are updated online before you receive letters in mail. 

Interview scheduled notification - November 12th (via email - waiting to receive letter in mail for actual Interview date)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, kirstyandnick_1 said:

Just wondering what people's 12 month extension letter looked like? I think I only got a single letter stating that they received my form and are currently processing my application and that they will use my previous biometrics. Doesn't say anything about extension and from googling other peoples letter looks much more detailed than this one. Making me worried.

Also, I moved from Florida to Vermont since filing and got a notice that they were moving my case to the appropriate jurisdiction, but the letter says they're moving it to CSC when it was already there *shrug* 

I spoke too soon. Checked the mail tonight and there was an 18 month letter.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Amadia said:

It was 18 months extension letter 😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.