heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
14 minutes ago, kamrankhan said:

Just talked to the Tier 2 officer.It is not even in the system yet.:angry:whats is happening???

Mine was received april 9th too and its not in the system yet. Guess, we have to wait till the end of this week. They are working on 6th so we should be pretty close now.

28 minutes ago, kamrankhan said:

Just talked to the Tier 2 officer.It is not even in the system yet.:angry:whats is happening???

It's not in the system until your check is cashed. 

One of the best ways to know if it's in the system is by checking your bank.

You probably have at least another weeks wait before you hear something, at the most if everything goes on track.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

24 minutes ago, SCCH said:

I-751 received by USCIS 04/05/2018

1st NOA received on 04/17 saying "conditional resident status extended for 1 year..."

2nd NOA received on 05/11 saying  "...USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS ASC for a biometric appointment. The biometric fee will not be refunded...."

I am not sure if this is good or bad. I would like to know if anyone else here have received similar responses?  TIA 

VSC or CSC?

Good for you and happy for you. Seems like no bio-metric visit needed. 

17 minutes ago, BlueBuy said:

VSC or CSC?

At this point if its good news I just assume its about VSC haha

tumblr_mx13xz5r3o1spaqpio1_250.gif

For CSC filers

Filed : 4/3/2018

Arrived : 4/6/2018

Check cashed : 5/21/2018

Received NOA : 5/21/2018

One more thing as a reminder, in order to check your status with your receipt number, you have to wait until you get the bio-metric appointment letter. It won't show anything until you have that ACS bio metric receipt.

To all the CSC people, waiting desperately, hope it helps.  

Looks like CSC is finally moving along.

My husband and I went to his infopass appt today because his license and green card both expired yesterday. They didn't even ask question or as for proof of anything. They did say, "you should have applied when the window opened, but no worries, we'll get you taken care of." They gave him a stamp/temp green card that is valid for one whole year. Honestly, we have got the best immigration field office in the country. They have always been SO helpful and super nice.

We did mention that my husband will be applying for citizenship in Feb of 2019, and the the guy told us he wouldn't advise that. He said currently ROC is taking at least 16 months, and our current field office is processing citizenship applications within 3 months, so it might delay the process of ROC AND citizenship. He said to wait at least 15 months before applying. Thoughts???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Guys,

I don't believe this but, I JUST RECEIVED MY NOA 1 (I-797) in the mail.

My cheque just cashed this morning and NOA dated 5/17/18.

CSC is moving forward now, I hope you all will receive some progress soon. 

Congrats bungajustin!

Patiently waiting here.

Filed: April 4th

Received: April 9th

Service Center: California

Edited by trinket0815

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Just now, trinket0815 said:

Congtras bungajustin!

Patiently waiting here.

Filed: April 4th

Received: April 9th

Service Center; California

I am sure your case will soon get some progress.. Hopefully within this week.. 

Good luck!

21 minutes ago, AH_Fury said:

My husband and I went to his infopass appt today because his license and green card both expired yesterday. They didn't even ask question or as for proof of anything. They did say, "you should have applied when the window opened, but no worries, we'll get you taken care of." They gave him a stamp/temp green card that is valid for one whole year. Honestly, we have got the best immigration field office in the country. They have always been SO helpful and super nice.

We did mention that my husband will be applying for citizenship in Feb of 2019, and the the guy told us he wouldn't advise that. He said currently ROC is taking at least 16 months, and our current field office is processing citizenship applications within 3 months, so it might delay the process of ROC AND citizenship. He said to wait at least 15 months before applying. Thoughts???

Quick Question - So for InfoPass both needs to go? I-751 applicant can alone?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
41 minutes ago, AH_Fury said:

While  I read comments today which mentioned to apply for Citizenship which will accelerate I-751 process   :huh2:

N-400 Application Timeline :

Application sent via mail - April 15th  (Field office Dallas, TX)

NOA Receipt date - April 17th

Biometrics receipt - April 22th (appointment scheduled for May 14th)

Biometrics completed - May 7th (Early Walk-in)

Biometrics completed - May 7th (Early Walk-in)

Interview scheduled notification - November 12th (via email - waiting to receive letter in mail for actual Interview date)

Interview completed & Case approved - November 17th

Naturalization Ceremony (in January 2020 - waiting on notice)

2 hours ago, BlueBuy said:

VSC or CSC?

CSC. Thank you

Also o add: there is no way to check case status. There is a "Receipt Number" on the notices I received but it is not recognized by the case status check site. Though on the notice it says to use the receipt number while calling/inquiring about the case. Anyways, applications that do not require biometrics do have this shortcoming. 

Edited by SCCH
more info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.