1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

combo card received! to the wrong address (maybe I needed to fill the address change form 3 times??) but oh well, this is the best thing ever!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, yujuwithyot said:

Hello everyone!

I just wonder if everyone knows there are two places to check status? They are both USCIS but somehow show slightly different contents 😅 

1. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do

2. https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

If you are worried about your progress, you could check both sites to see if there's any difference. For my experience, one site says my AP is approved and the other still stays at "name updated". 

Hope this helps! 

Same status at both which is "case was received." It literally hasn't said anything else since 151 days now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Husband just got the email for the EAD application... NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED! Wooooooo-hooooooo!!! No change on the AP case but seems that's normal from what everyone else has said. I was sending such positive vibes into the universe the last week and telling myself it would get approved any day now! It worked :D 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, nazgul said:

How long has it been taking people to physically receive the card from the time the online approval happens?

It took me 2 weeks from the production to delivered!

Hello everyone!

I have a question to those who have their EAD expedited.. how long did you get a decision?

I requested last August 30 and I called earlier to follow up the status. I was told that it will take up to 30 days.. for the expedite decision? Is that really true? I'm on my 141 days since I filed I-765..

Hope to hear from you guys! Thank you :)

Hi all,

We applied beginning of April and my wife just received her EAD/AP combo card yesterday which we were excited to receive after a long wait.... however there is one issue. There is a missing letter in her middle name - its not a glaring mistake, but it is a mistake, however everything else is correct. On her I-797 for her AP, her middle name is spelled correctly with all information correct, however on the I-797 for the I-765 employment authorization, there is the incorrect spelling.

We called USCIS last week when we received the I-797, and they stated that they fixed the error and that it wouldn't affect the card, however clearly that was wrong. 

I am mainly posting this because we had international travel plans this coming month and dont want to wait another 5 months to receive an updated card from USCIS... would the missing letter in her middle name on her card put her at risk of getting denied parole into the US, or would she be okay considering the I-797 for her parole is correct? Thanks

My husband received the update about the card being in production on August 24th. We received the paperwork at the house on August 29th. We received the card today, September 7th. So it was a little over two weeks for those who asked. :) 

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

Husband just got the email for the EAD application... NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED! Wooooooo-hooooooo!!! No change on the AP case but seems that's normal from what everyone else has said. I was sending such positive vibes into the universe the last week and telling myself it would get approved any day now! It worked :D 

Congrats

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
On 9/6/2018 at 5:08 PM, Martella&T said:

I saw a couple of people I think who got an interview in Philly like after a few months this year but it was highly unusual. The rest cases that I have seen took about a year so they were couples who applied for AOS in 2017 so this is what I am thinking we will have to wait.

Agreed very few got early not sure how but looks like they sticking to timeline as uscis website 

what’s ur i485 case status currently. My wife and kid it’s says case in line for interview scheduling!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.