1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, msscarlette said:

My AOS NOA1 is on April 9th.

This is great!  Give me some hope! My NOA1 is April 27. And my I-485 it shows as ready for interview. But the others form just shows at received. 

Congratulations! Let us know when your card arrive! 

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, msscarlette said:

Just got a notification, My EAD card is being produced after 125 days from the filing date March 30th. My AOS is still ready to be scheduled for interview. 

Good news. I filed march 30th! Hoping for some for of action soon 

Timeline

Hello All,

After months of painful waiting (like the rest of you) i’ve decided to turn to the forums as a source of reassurance that all is not lost.

I’ve seen some of you being approved with similar dates to mine so HOPEFULLY i won’t be waiting much longer.

Timeline:

Arrived on K-1 Visa: December 27th 2017

Married: February 13th 2018

AOS Packet Sent with EAD/AP: March 25th 2018

Case Recieved: March 26th 2018

Cheque Cleared: April 3rd 2018

Biometrics: April 26th 2018

Since then, no updates. Case’s still showing as “Case Was Recieved”, “Fingerprint Fee Was Recieved” etc. Timeline for EAD/AP has now gone up to 5-7 months, currently 133 days in and really hoping that something changes soon. Best of luck to those that are still painfully waiting.

Edited by Cookie13

8 hours ago, Cookie13 said:

Hello All,

After months of painful waiting (like the rest of you) i’ve decided to turn to the forums as a source of reassurance that all is not lost.

I’ve seen some of you being approved with similar dates to mine so HOPEFULLY i won’t be waiting much longer.

Timeline:

Arrived on K-1 Visa: December 27th 2017

Married: February 13th 2018

AOS Packet Sent with EAD/AP: March 25th 2018

Case Recieved: March 26th 2018

Cheque Cleared: April 3rd 2018

Biometrics: April 26th 2018

Since then, no updates. Case’s still showing as “Case Was Recieved”, “Fingerprint Fee Was Recieved” etc. Timeline for EAD/AP has now gone up to 5-7 months, currently 133 days in and really hoping that something changes soon. Best of luck to those that are still painfully waiting.

We have VERY similar timelines! 

Arrived - December 21st 2017

Married - February 28th 2018

AOS, EAD, AP sent - March 28th

Recieved - April 2nd

Notice date - April 17th

Biomerics - May 5th (I think)

Also no significant updates!

AOS says “finger print review completed” 

EAD and AP says “case was recieved April 2nd” 

Im with you! This is painful!!! I just want my EAD and AP! Good luck! Let’s hope this is our month! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

We have VERY similar timelines! 

Arrived - December 21st 2017

Married - February 28th 2018

AOS, EAD, AP sent - March 28th

Recieved - April 2nd

Notice date - April 17th

Biomerics - May 5th (I think)

Also no significant updates!

AOS says “finger print review completed” 

EAD and AP says “case was recieved April 2nd” 

Im with you! This is painful!!! I just want my EAD and AP! Good luck! Let’s hope this is our month! 

Good Luck! Will be so nice to start working again i can’t wait!

Visa Journey estimates that the USCIS are roughly processing EAD/AP’s from people that recieved their NOA1’s on March 11 2018. I just checked and officially recieved mine on April 6th 2018 so let’s hope it arrives within the next 3 weeks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 2:50 PM, Cookie13 said:

Good Luck! Will be so nice to start working again i can’t wait!

Visa Journey estimates that the USCIS are roughly processing EAD/AP’s from people that recieved their NOA1’s on March 11 2018. I just checked and officially recieved mine on April 6th 2018 so let’s hope it arrives within the next 3 weeks!

That will be great!

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Timeline

I was on the phone yesterday to USCIS and we were told a letter of a green card interview was sent out on the 24th. I did get an email and text saying action was taken on July 24th. I'm not sure how accurate the representative is but I am a bit nervous cause nothing has come in yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone, I received my EAD card and the Parole this last Sunday (Aug 5th) after requesting the Expedite with the help of a Congressman. It took me 2 weeks to have it approved. My AOS status is still as "Case is ready to be scheduled for Interview" since May 10th.

Good luck to everyone! :)

1 hour ago, CamiBrad said:

Hello everyone, I received my EAD card and the Parole this last Sunday (Aug 5th) after requesting the Expedite with the help of a Congressman. It took me 2 weeks to have it approved. My AOS status is still as "Case is ready to be scheduled for Interview" since May 10th.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi CamiBrad,

Could you please share how you expedite through a Congressman? 

I called USCIS yesterday to expedite the EAD process based on financial hardship and active job offer, but I don't know when they will contact me and if this way works or not. I believe it is better to prepare the second way through Congressman. Please help. Thanks

My timeline:

1. Date Filed: 04/01

2. Date Received: 04/05

3. NOA Date: 04/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
40 minutes ago, QN&CD said:

Hi CamiBrad,

Could you please share how you expedite through a Congressman? 

I called USCIS yesterday to expedite the EAD process based on financial hardship and active job offer, but I don't know when they will contact me and if this way works or not. I believe it is better to prepare the second way through Congressman. Please help. Thanks

My timeline:

1. Date Filed: 04/01

2. Date Received: 04/05

3. NOA Date: 04/13

I'd be glad to help! I will try to detail what I did as much as possible, but feel free to make me any questions you might have.

I opened the expedite by phone on July 17th based on Severe Financial Loss. (I had an offer letter in hands and I mentioned that too!) They said I should here from them in the next 3 to 4 days. I heard nothing so I decided to call (several times) and all they had to say was that I should wait! In the meantime I read here on VJ that someone gathered all documents, went to an Infopass and had the work permit approved. So I decided to give it a try. I was lucky to find availability for an InfoPass for the next day (July 24th - a week after I opened the expedited by phone). That was a big mistake!! BIG MISTAKE! We waited for 4 hours to hear that expedites are not processed in the local office, so they couldn't do anything. They were very rude and didn't even touch my documents. All they said was: "you must wait!" It was a really frustrating experience (USCIS Chicago Field Office – IL) 

Next day I received another offer letter from another company. At that point, I was very upset I had 2 offer letters in hands but all I could do was to wait God knows for how long. So I decided to give a try to another tip I read here on VJ and I contacted our local Congressman. They'll ask you to fill their form and explain your situation. So I did and sent the form back in the same day. On July 27th, the Congressman's Office called me and asked me to explain my situation again. When I mentioned I had 2 offer letters, she said she was sure she could help me to have the work permit approved. She said: "If you send me supporting documents today, I promise you I take care of it today and make it happen for you". So these are the documents I sent: NOA1, Offer letters, a copy of our bills to be paid (lease, energy, water, gas, phone...), a copy of medical and medications receipts, a copy of medical report and a letter explaining my medical situation and why a job would be so helpful for us right now. Just so you understand: I started having pretty bad migraines since I moved, but I don't have a health insurance here yet. So we spent so far more than 1,000 in doctor appointments and almost 400 in medication. So having a job that offers health insurance would be very beneficial for us.

The secretary called me an hour later saying that she sent my documents to the USCIS and they were with a Supervisor to be analyzed. Just recalling... this was on a Friday (July 27th). Next Monday (July 30th), she called me again in the morning saying that she called them again for some pressure and I should have news soon. I just had no idea it would be so fast. In the same day my status changed to: New Card is being Produced. I received it home last Sunday (Aug 5th).

So I'm sure that if you find the right person working for a Congressman/woman that is willing to fight for you, they really can make it happen!! I never had to fax anything as I saw so many people doing. She took care of everything for me. I'm sending her flowers as soon as I get my first salary. She deserves! LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

We are going to have another baby, how can I further delay the EAD for my wife?

Edited by George & Roth

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, George & Roth said:

We are going to have another baby, how can I further delay the EAD for my wife?

Why do you want to delay the EAD?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

Why do you want to delay the EAD?

I mostly wanted to brag about our next baby, but really I don’t see her working when we have 2 young kids

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

1 hour ago, CamiBrad said:

I'd be glad to help! I will try to detail what I did as much as possible, but feel free to make me any questions you might have.

I opened the expedite by phone on July 17th based on Severe Financial Loss. (I had an offer letter in hands and I mentioned that too!) They said I should here from them in the next 3 to 4 days. I heard nothing so I decided to call (several times) and all they had to say was that I should wait! In the meantime I read here on VJ that someone gathered all documents, went to an Infopass and had the work permit approved. So I decided to give it a try. I was lucky to find availability for an InfoPass for the next day (July 24th - a week after I opened the expedited by phone). That was a big mistake!! BIG MISTAKE! We waited for 4 hours to hear that expedites are not processed in the local office, so they couldn't do anything. They were very rude and didn't even touch my documents. All they said was: "you must wait!" It was a really frustrating experience (USCIS Chicago Field Office – IL) 

Next day I received another offer letter from another company. At that point, I was very upset I had 2 offer letters in hands but all I could do was to wait God knows for how long. So I decided to give a try to another tip I read here on VJ and I contacted our local Congressman. They'll ask you to fill their form and explain your situation. So I did and sent the form back in the same day. On July 27th, the Congressman's Office called me and asked me to explain my situation again. When I mentioned I had 2 offer letters, she said she was sure she could help me to have the work permit approved. She said: "If you send me supporting documents today, I promise you I take care of it today and make it happen for you". So these are the documents I sent: NOA1, Offer letters, a copy of our bills to be paid (lease, energy, water, gas, phone...), a copy of medical and medications receipts, a copy of medical report and a letter explaining my medical situation and why a job would be so helpful for us right now. Just so you understand: I started having pretty bad migraines since I moved, but I don't have a health insurance here yet. So we spent so far more than 1,000 in doctor appointments and almost 400 in medication. So having a job that offers health insurance would be very beneficial for us.

The secretary called me an hour later saying that she sent my documents to the USCIS and they were with a Supervisor to be analyzed. Just recalling... this was on a Friday (July 27th). Next Monday (July 30th), she called me again in the morning saying that she called them again for some pressure and I should have news soon. I just had no idea it would be so fast. In the same day my status changed to: New Card is being Produced. I received it home last Sunday (Aug 5th).

So I'm sure that if you find the right person working for a Congressman/woman that is willing to fight for you, they really can make it happen!! I never had to fax anything as I saw so many people doing. She took care of everything for me. I'm sending her flowers as soon as I get my first salary. She deserves! LOL

Congratulation ! I cannot imagine how responsible she is. You are a lucky one.

Could you let me know how you find the local Congressman/woman? I never tried to do so. It looks like I should start doing your way as soon as possible, instead of waiting for the USCIS. I have big trip coming up in October and everything is still uncertain now. 

Thank you so much! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

I mostly wanted to brag about our next baby, but really I don’t see her working when we have 2 young kids

Ah congrats about the baby.

She may need to travel or she may need a ssn to file joint tax with you. It doesn't really matter whether you're going to use the combo card tho. It's better to have them in hand while waiting for interviews (which can take months).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.