1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

How are you finding life since being here in the US in regards to not working/being able to leave? 🙂

it's pretty hard to adjust actually not able to go out whenever you want to, i cant drive yet. i dont like riding uber or bus but my husband drives me around in his day off. with regards to working, i was a nurse in my country before and i really miss working. so diverted my attention to new hobbies (cooking, gardening). i didnt know it would take such a long time to adjust status. they make us paralyzed here (thats what i feel sometimes).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just an FYI for April filers who wish to try and expedite their EAD: use your state representative instead of trying to do it yourself.

My wife has several job offers - so last week we contacted USCIS to request an expedite.  The agent opened the request and informed us we would be contacted within 5 days with instructions on how to submit evidence.  Well, instead a few days later we received a letter basically saying there were an unusually high number of expedite requests and we didn't submit sufficient evidence, etc.  Basically they didn't even give us a chance to submit evidence.

So, I contacted my Congressman, signed the release and submitted the offer letter.  They have a direct line to the NBC and I was informed within a day that we qualified for expedite and the case has been forwarded to the expedite team.

So again - use your state representatives.  They will work for you and they get results! 

1 hour ago, themollusk79 said:

Just an FYI for April filers who wish to try and expedite their EAD: use your state representative instead of trying to do it yourself.

My wife has several job offers - so last week we contacted USCIS to request an expedite.  The agent opened the request and informed us we would be contacted within 5 days with instructions on how to submit evidence.  Well, instead a few days later we received a letter basically saying there were an unusually high number of expedite requests and we didn't submit sufficient evidence, etc.  Basically they didn't even give us a chance to submit evidence.

So, I contacted my Congressman, signed the release and submitted the offer letter.  They have a direct line to the NBC and I was informed within a day that we qualified for expedite and the case has been forwarded to the expedite team.

So again - use your state representatives.  They will work for you and they get results! 

I called USCIS and asked for expedite. They sent me a letter ask for proof in five days without Congress man.. I guess different cases are different. 

Good luck;)

y

1 hour ago, donsun said:

Update for us: Interview 7/23 at Raleigh

Arrived 30 mins before per interview invitation letter. Officer led us to sign in 15 mins prior to interview time, given a ticket with number. Looks like ~3-4 couples/interview slot. Unfortunately us being 3rd when we lined up had us waiting an extra 30 mins past our interview time. Once we got in to the interview room, typical yes/no background questions from I-485 along with a few questions asking when did we meet, how did we meet, when did we get married, each others' birthdays, SO's parents' names. The reviewing officer didn't ask for additional evidence stating that he thought our paperwork submitted was sufficient, and let us know that we'll hear back in 30-45 days.

About ~30 mins after we left the USCIS office, we got an automated update on both USCIS sites saying that 'New Card is being produced'!

Also, to note, we were slightly concerned about dress code but we went fairly casual with polo/jeans and a blouse/long skirt and didn't have any issues.

Timeline:

Filed 4/5/18

NOA1 4/12/18

Biometrics 5/4/18

Interview 7/23/18

Approved 7/23/18

Congratulations! Happy that you are out of the dreadful waiting game! 

May I ask how long after your biometric appointment, your status changed ? I did my on June 20 and it is over a month now and nothing changed ..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

y

Congratulations! Happy that you are out of the dreadful waiting game! 

May I ask how long after your biometric appointment, your status changed ? I did my on June 20 and it is over a month now and nothing changed ..

Didn't have any status change. My status was actually 'interview cancelled' before I ever got any letter and then one day the letter just showed up in the mail. And status never changed until my approval.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tomalley said:

I called USCIS and asked for expedite. They sent me a letter ask for proof in five days without Congress man.. I guess different cases are different. 

Good luck;)

That's good you got through.  I think it just depends on what officer your request is assigned to and their mood.  Was your EAD approved?

I still think it is good to go the Congressman route as they have direct access to the NBC and can bypass the USCIS nonsense.

1 hour ago, themollusk79 said:

That's good you got through.  I think it just depends on what officer your request is assigned to and their mood.  Was your EAD approved?

I still think it is good to go the Congressman route as they have direct access to the NBC and can bypass the USCIS nonsense.

I am going to fax my documents today.. don’t know if I will get approved ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys! My EAD card is in production (hope it's a combo card).

I asked for an expedite on July, 9 based on financial loss due to a pending job offer. Visited Congressman office on July, 12 with all the documents (privacy release, cover letter, job offer and copies of NOAs).

I believe it's the Congressman office that made the differense. According to the USCIS website, a day after my visit to the Congressman office - on July,13 - my request was accepted, assigned to an officer and "completed" (whatever that means). On July, 21 I received a letter in the mail that stated that my case is under review. They never asked me to fax them evidence, since the Congressman office probably did that for me.

Today, on July, 24 I got a message that my card is in production.

Date Filed (I-485, I-765, I-131): 2018-03-27

NOA Date: 2018-04-09

Bio. Appt.: 2018-05-02

EAD Expedite Request: 2018-07-09

Congressman Office Visit: 2018-07-12

EAD in production: 2018-07-24

EAD/AP approved: 2018-07-25

EAD/AP in hand: 2018-07-30

AOS interview date: 2019-13-03

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, themollusk79 said:

Hmm - I tried our congressman. Signed the form, asked him to inquire on our status and request a possible expedite. I don't think he even called USCIS to be honest. He called us yesterday and said "we cannot expedite - there are too many request and they are working first in and down" we said but what if he gets a job offer (currently looking) and he stated - "it won't change anything. Even people with job offers cannot expedite." 

We felt a little defeated, as we thought the rep would be more on our side and fighting for us. Doesn't mean we won't try again though. 4-6 months waiting to work is not an option. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AmbMar18 said:

Hmm - I tried our congressman. Signed the form, asked him to inquire on our status and request a possible expedite. I don't think he even called USCIS to be honest. He called us yesterday and said "we cannot expedite - there are too many request and they are working first in and down" we said but what if he gets a job offer (currently looking) and he stated - "it won't change anything. Even people with job offers cannot expedite." 

We felt a little defeated, as we thought the rep would be more on our side and fighting for us. Doesn't mean we won't try again though. 4-6 months waiting to work is not an option. 

Sorry to hear that.  I think what may have happened is they contacted USCIS, because that is the same thing they told us.  My Congressman's aid went right to the NBC and was able to push it through.  He will need to have the job offer first, however.  Good luck and keep us updated. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, AmbMar18 said:

I think you can always submit expedition request on your own. You don't necessarily need a congressman to expedite for you.

34 minutes ago, AmbMar18 said:

I called USCIS and within a week they asked me to fax proof. So you can just call USCIS and ask them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.