dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, burd32 said:

wow i called and they told me interview date :)) finally but it is for june 12, and her ticket is booked for june 15... now what, that might not be enough time, change ticket to what would be a safe date.

Usually in most cases US embassy issues visa next business day or sometimes in two however what you can do is collect passport from embassy that can reduce mailing days cause they can take up to 3 days to get home delivered. If lucky you might get passport on same day few in this community have got it. However it is always good to give minimum 5working days after visa approval date.

All the best ^_^

6 hours ago, Nav1985 said:

Case completed in 12 days. Hope they schedule interview soon

Congratulations. What is your Case Complete date? Interviews for India are getting scheduled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please how can I know if they reviewed the ds261 or not ? It's just showing completed. 

Also so I paid Aos fees today morning and it was showing in process, when I sign in now it shows as if it's unpaid and pay now icon beside it although there is a receipt page for the morning payment . 

Any advice ? 

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

Update:

So my case got check listed on April 23 and for those following my case, know I've been waiting on my attorney to upload the documents to CEAC (pivot case) and they finally did after 3 weeks!!!! Only to be check listed because of their mistakes! The assistant uploaded my husbands birth certificate without the English Translation, my marriage certificate without English translation, my joint sponsors AOS application without his Photo ID....wth? 

Anyways so finally everything got re submitted on Thursday now I wait and see if everything goes through and I get a CC. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Nitha said:

Enn kitti😇

Wow! Congrats. My words bring good fortune! 😄

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Hey! So my husband called NVC yesterday and they said they received my case!! 😊approved 9th April and sent 18th of April to NVC. When he called he ask if it’s a pivot case or not they said not. Roughly how long do you guys think I’ll wait for case number ?? Thanks 

Hi Guys,

So i finally got this email from NVC. I need some help as I am confused. I have been living outside the USA since I was 6 ( I am a born citizen), however I have been going to USA for vacation. My parents also reside in USA. Now that I have applied for my husbands green card they are asking for proof of domicile. I don't have a bank account in USA or a house. I am currently in Dubai and want to move back to USA Could someone please assist us. We are really stressed now. The below is mentioned in the email form NVC.

When reviewing your case, we noticed that your sponsor might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. A sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who lives in the United States and plans to stay indefinitely. If your sponsor is living outside the United States temporarily, they must show:  They left the United States for only a limited time,  They intend to keep their residence in the United States, and  Evidence of continued ties to the United States.

1 hour ago, Amisharjil said:

Hi Guys,

So i finally got this email from NVC. I need some help as I am confused. I have been living outside the USA since I was 6 ( I am a born citizen), however I have been going to USA for vacation. My parents also reside in USA. Now that I have applied for my husbands green card they are asking for proof of domicile. I don't have a bank account in USA or a house. I am currently in Dubai and want to move back to USA Could someone please assist us. We are really stressed now. The below is mentioned in the email form NVC.

When reviewing your case, we noticed that your sponsor might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. A sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who lives in the United States and plans to stay indefinitely. If your sponsor is living outside the United States temporarily, they must show:  They left the United States for only a limited time,  They intend to keep their residence in the United States, and  Evidence of continued ties to the United States.

There is information on this in the NVC Wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Step_6_-_Gather_AOS_Package

Using the search function here on how to establish domicile will also turn up a lot of information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

Update:

So my case got check listed on April 23 and for those following my case, know I've been waiting on my attorney to upload the documents to CEAC (pivot case) and they finally did after 3 weeks!!!! Only to be check listed because of their mistakes! The assistant uploaded my husbands birth certificate without the English Translation, my marriage certificate without English translation, my joint sponsors AOS application without his Photo ID....wth? 

Anyways so finally everything got re submitted on Thursday now I wait and see if everything goes through and I get a CC. 

Ugh so sorry!! I would write a bad review of them to the better business bureau! But now that it's correct you should get case complete very soon!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

7 hours ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Somebody else whose embassy is in London happened the same thing! They are now enrolling embassies to be pivot, and putting cases to the pivot department as new receiptndate by NVC. Very unfair.

I wouldn’t worried so much. I think it happened to 2 fellow members before in February.  It ended up that they got their pivot case numbers earlier than those of us waiting since January. 

5 minutes ago, aywang said:

I wouldn’t worried so much. I think it happened to 2 fellow members before in February.  It ended up that they got their pivot case numbers earlier than those of us waiting since January. 

Hi! Thank you for your positive remark. :) I was stunning and shocked when this happened and very unfortunate that happened to me. What you are saying may be correct, but if they follow the receipt date I would be in June to receive a case number. I really hope I will get sooner but I doubt. Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Hi! Thank you for your positive remark. :) I was stunning and shocked when this happened and very unfortunate that happened to me. What you are saying may be correct, but if they follow the receipt date I would be in June to receive a case number. I really hope I will get sooner but I doubt. Thanks.

I think they didn’t follow the new receipt date, and instead got their case numbers faster than the pivot cases...what I have learned through the process in waiting for the case number is don’t believe the customer representative say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.