Boyd_M

Question if you have been to K1 Embassy Interview?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can you get by if your photos for "relationship proof" are in a scrapbook type of binder or do they insist on individual pictures or sheets?  We already have a  book and would save a lot of time and energy if we could just bring the book.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I brought a photo album with original pictures. The IO did not say anything against it. At the end, he made copies of some of them. 

Edited by Yhwinnie

Looks like it depends on the embassy. At my local embassy where I interviewed, there's only one small and narrow window hole for me to slide my documents through, which definitely wouldn't fit a scrapbook. It's always advisable to bring something loose that can be passed onto the officer easily through the window hole, and copies that you don't expect to get back just in case they want to keep them :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm not aware of any rule saying otherwise. However, I think it's just considered considerate to have loose photos. As the previous poster said, the opening to hand items over through at the window is not always large depending on the embassy, so that could be complicated. It also just makes it easier for the officer reviewing your information - less is more when it comes to bulky stuff. Also, they do sometimes keep items - including photos - or make copies of some items, so something to consider. Me personally, I didn't want to risk not being able to bring back the photos we used so we just printed copies off the computer on regular paper, and that seemed to be acceptable.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can have in the scrapbook type of binder, I think when my asawa went to the interview we just had them on regular printed white paper from a copy machine and it wasn't a problem. And for your info we just put in there pictures of us together in order of appearance when we met in person while in the Philippines to include pictures with family, MAYBE 10 pictures TOTAL...that's it!

So..to answer your question, just bring the book. :) Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you won't have any problems if you bring all the required documents, smile and don't be to nervous!

Edited by javadown2

5 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

You can have in the scrapbook type of binder, I think when my asawa went to the interview we just had them on regular printed white paper from a copy machine and it wasn't a problem. And for your info we just put in there pictures of us together in order of appearance when we met in person while in the Philippines to include pictures with family. 

So..to answer your question, just bring the book. :) Good luck on your interview, I'm sure you won't have any problems if you bring all the required documents, smile and don't be to nervous!

I agree with this just bring the book.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boyd_M said:

Can you get by if your photos for "relationship proof" are in a scrapbook type of binder or do they insist on individual pictures or sheets?  We already have a  book and would save a lot of time and energy if we could just bring the book.  

The album will be fine, others have brought albums.   You prepared to lose a couple photos if they ask for them?  ;)   (they rarely do ask.. but they do look at a few photos at times)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If you have digital copies drop 4 on a word document page and have them printed using a color laser printer for best quality to hand to the CO if asked. Don't need any more than 12 to 16 photos so 3 to 4 pages. They 'll be easy to carry and will fit through the window and if the CO wants to keep them you're not out any of your more expensive photos.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.