Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, stnblu said:

Does anyone have any experience or info on how cases went for those moved to Seattle/WA from another state?

I filed I-751 in May 2017 and N-400 in April 2018 both to Minneapolis office. I-751 was transferred to NBC in Missouri in December 2018.

I submitted a change of address from MN to Redmond in January 2019. Received a notification not long after that my case (N-400) was now transferred to a new office (assuming Seattle). Countdown for N-400 was April 2019, then it changed to September 2019, then now "it's taking longer..." messgage. 

And that's all the update I've got so far. Went to an Infopass appointment to get my passport stamped 1 month ago. The officer said moving to a different jurisdiction shouldn't affect the processing time. 

I think I am the one that is waiting the longest in this forum (maybe except washingtonian). It's ridiculous.

If you are not a combo filer, I think it will go much faster. 

14 hours ago, Dani N said:

I filed I-751 in May 2017 and N-400 in April 2018 both to Minneapolis office. I-751 was transferred to NBC in Missouri in December 2018.

I submitted a change of address from MN to Redmond in January 2019. Received a notification not long after that my case (N-400) was now transferred to a new office (assuming Seattle). Countdown for N-400 was April 2019, then it changed to September 2019, then now "it's taking longer..." messgage. 

And that's all the update I've got so far. Went to an Infopass appointment to get my passport stamped 1 month ago. The officer said moving to a different jurisdiction shouldn't affect the processing time. 

I think I am the one that is waiting the longest in this forum (maybe except washingtonian). It's ridiculous.

If you are not a combo filer, I think it will go much faster. 

Me too! I filed I751 in November 2017 and N-400 in October 2018. Washingtonian and py6 are part of the same clan. Felicia could get everything done this month.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:02 PM, py6 said:

I'm planning to go to New Zealand next year mid April. This is really literally destroying my trip. I just don't think I will have enough time to get everything ready by the time the trip needs to happen. Very disappointing and very angry at USCIS

Hi PY6,

I understand you frustration.

I had a planned trip to Vancouver Canada dated December 13, then my interview was scheduled on December 11. It was nerve wracking of thinking about the unknown but I chose just to wait and see what happens after the interview. Being upset or angry to USCIS won’t change a thing, they care less about how we feel, the more they don’t even know how we feel about delays. It is just waste of energy. Just relax. It is what it is. Anyway while I’m waiting for my interview that time, I read some options on what to expect or what to do after the interview. Anyway I passed my 9:45 am interview and had an Oath Taking the same day. The next day on the 12th I went to the Regional passport agency in Seattle to apply for my passport which also I planned ahead I made an appoint a week before my interview. Since I’m traveling on 13th, I brought my hotel reservation which was booked long time before I even I knew about my interview.  The passport agency accept my application so as my hotel reservation copy and I got my passport the same day, I waited until 2:30pm.

It took a lot of researching, planning and anticipation of the “what if” scenarios. But I didn’t stress about it.

Anyway I just feel sorry for each individuals frustration.

Cheer up! Just enjoy the rest of the holiday.❤️

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, The Conqueror said:

Hi PY6,

I understand you frustration.

I had a planned trip to Vancouver Canada dated December 13, then my interview was scheduled on December 11. It was nerve wracking of thinking about the unknown but I chose just to wait and see what happens after the interview. Being upset or angry to USCIS won’t change a thing, they care less about how we feel, the more they don’t even know how we feel about delays. It is just waste of energy. Just relax. It is what it is. Anyway while I’m waiting for my interview that time, I read some options on what to expect or what to do after the interview. Anyway I passed my 9:45 am interview and had an Oath Taking the same day. The next day on the 12th I went to the Regional passport agency in Seattle to apply for my passport which also I planned ahead I made an appoint a week before my interview. Since I’m traveling on 13th, I brought my hotel reservation which was booked long time before I even I knew about my interview.  The passport agency accept my application so as my hotel reservation copy and I got my passport the same day, I waited until 2:30pm.

It took a lot of researching, planning and anticipation of the “what if” scenarios. But I didn’t stress about it.

Anyway I just feel sorry for each individuals frustration.

Cheer up! Just enjoy the rest of the holiday.❤️

Thank you for your kind and warm words. I have already cancelled that trip and booked a different one going back to my home country in February.  You are right. I shouldn't let it bother me. That's why I booked the whole trip because I'm not going to let this N400 thing disrupt my life. Who knows how long I have to wait. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Timeline

BTW Guys I just checked the processing times and found out that our local officer has overtaken the other major offices (NYC, LA, SF, DAL, HST) and became the one with the longest wait at 16-19.5 months for N400. Lucky us lol. I wonder what did Seattle office do to earn such a summa cum laude high honor. They must have tried really hard to get this badge.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Hi everyone, I have been following this thread for the last year and recently got my citizenship. I wanted to provide some information about my experience so it can be helpful for others.

I am a solo N400 filer from Seattle. I filed in mid September 2018, did my biometrics in October 2018 and had my interview scheduled in early December 2019 at the 7:15 AM slot. The interview was straightforward. I arrived around 7 AM, and was called in for the interview at around 7:40 AM. The interview was fun, extremely friendly and breezy. I was out by 8 AM. Most of the time was spent entering information about the trips that I took since September 2018, all of them were less then 10-15 days each. She appreciated that I filed out the following form with the updated trips, printed it out and gave it to her, which she then entered manually into her system.

http://www.lalawlibrary.org/pbw2017cl/Citizenship/N400 Addendum/Part 9 Time Outside US.pdf

After the interview, she asked me if I wanted to do the oath at 1:30 PM on the same day. I requested the interviewer if she could schedule my interview for the 8:45 AM oath ceremony on the same day. She said she will try (and tried to contact her colleagues over the phone) but I guess it was a bit late and so I was scheduled for 1:30 PM the same day. You need to return your green card at the start of the oath ceremony. The ceremony was done by 3 PM.

At the oath ceremony, you can register for voting (which everyone should do since it is our duty as a citizen). After that you will have to notify social security of the change in citizenship status after 10 days of taking the oath. You can also apply for a passport book (you can get a jumbo book with more pages for free, in case you will be traveling a lot) where you need to give your original naturalization certificate at a local processing center. You can find the list here:

https://www.seattle.gov/customer-service-centers/university-customer-service-center#applyforapassport

I applied for expedited processing and got my passport in 2 weeks. The original naturalization certificate was mailed back to me separately a few days after I received the passport.

That is all. Hope this is helpful information.

Edited by seattlenew

14 hours ago, py6 said:

BTW Guys I just checked the processing times and found out that our local officer has overtaken the other major offices (NYC, LA, SF, DAL, HST) and became the one with the longest wait at 16-19.5 months for N400. Lucky us lol. I wonder what did Seattle office do to earn such a summa cum laude high honor. They must have tried really hard to get this badge.

In about 10 days from now, it will past 19.5 months since I filled for N400 (June 9th, 2018) and 31.5 months since filling for I751 (May 18, 2017). Once that is up I will file the past processing time inquiry for N400, another one for I751, an ombudsman inquiry, contact senator and congressman and hopefully see some progress eventually. If not, I'll file Writ of Mandamus in a couple of months.

On 12/31/2019 at 4:40 AM, washingtonian said:

In about 10 days from now, it will past 19.5 months since I filled for N400 (June 9th, 2018) and 31.5 months since filling for I751 (May 18, 2017). Once that is up I will file the past processing time inquiry for N400, another one for I751, an ombudsman inquiry, contact senator and congressman and hopefully see some progress eventually. If not, I'll file Writ of Mandamus in a couple of months.

how is it possible? are you originally from a specific country that is closely watched by US? The only reason I could think of that your case got stuck for so long is the background check. Again, I am very sorry for the long wait.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

From the tracker looks like it is talking about a year now for Puget Sound area filers. Hopefully this will go down as staffing is increased and they start to become productive.

page.png email-contact-orange.gif imported-photo-319612.jpeg.2a01c204b85ea9ff67e7a22aa8b3957a.jpeg M & S Online Seattle WA 2019-01-15 2019-02-08 2020-02-06    
page.png email-contact-orange.gif photo-213843.jpg MP & SH Online Seattle WA 2019-07-13 2019-07-30 2020-02-05    
page.png email-contact-orange.gif photo-182066.png Andrew & Darlene Phoenix AZ Lockbox Seattle WA 2019-02-28 2019-04-10 2020-01-15    
page.png email-contact-orange.gif  Robbie & Chris Phoenix AZ Lockbox Seattle WA 2019-02-22 2019-03-19 2020-01-15

Edited by arnab221

1 hour ago, yippy_j said:

how is it possible? are you originally from a specific country that is closely watched by US? The only reason I could think of that your case got stuck for so long is the background check. Again, I am very sorry for the long wait.

Nope, I'm from Europe. They already tried to schedule N400 interview back in September but they couldn't due to pending I751 which got transferred to NBC in late 2018 and that office is taking 37 months or so to process cases. It's ridiculous. Hopefully they'll get up to speed after I take these actions, if not I'll have to file Writ of Mandamus in a few months.

Edited by washingtonian

16 minutes ago, washingtonian said:

Nope, I'm from Europe. They already tried to schedule N400 interview back in September but they couldn't due to pending I751 which got transferred to NBC in late 2018 and that office is taking 37 months or so to process cases. It's ridiculous. Hopefully they'll get up to speed after I take these actions, if not I'll have to file Writ of Mandamus in a few months.

Did you try to contact Congress people or filed an Ombudsman complaint?

I am in similar situation (my I-751 got transferred in December 2018). 

When I asked USCIS, they said "both cases will be adjudicated at the same time".

The question is which time? N-400 time (max 19.5 months?) or I751 time (max 37 months in NBC)?

The senator Maria Cantwell replied early on, in December and she said she personally filed an inquiry with USCIS.

For me, it's been only 14 months for the N-400. I will wait longer.

What I am going to do is ask Maria Cantwell, my representative and USCIS Ombudsman one more time after mid February.

Try to use all your "free" tools before filing the Writ.

Timeline
6 hours ago, washingtonian said:

Mine was also transferred to NBC. I think that's where it really slowed us all down. My I-751 was filed 27+ months ago. It was transferred to NBC in Dec 2018. There, it took a full year until Dec 2019 when NBC processed it and sent it to Seattle office. Now I'm just waiting to the interview to be scheduled. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.