Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, washingtonian said:

I will do that. Next month I can inquire about N400 as well as 19.5 months since filling will pass by then. I'll keep you posted.

To gain time you could complain about the lifting conditions being beyond normal processing time. I mentioned that the CSC time frame was up to 21 months and mine is ~25.5 months. This could push our combo situation. I am asking to look only into the I-751 and hoping that, by doing that, could bring attention to the N-400.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, washingtonian said:

Same status since September here. 

bizarre...did you move?

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Timeline
6 hours ago, washingtonian said:

I will do that. Next month I can inquire about N400 as well as 19.5 months since filling will pass by then. I'll keep you posted.

I would be talking to a lawyer at this point. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

20 hours ago, py6 said:

I would be talking to a lawyer at this point. 

Be careful. I already have a lawyer (I filed the G-28 form). It does not make any difference, indeed. 

I was hoping for my lawyer to take action and nothing. It was a waste of money.

People whose cases were moved fast had something in common: they either contacted their Congresspeople and/or filed with USCIS Ombudsman.

I wish more combo filers shared their stories to figure out if there is something else that we can all do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I wanted to provide an update.  Minutes ago I received a notification that our Interview has been scheduled.  I'm surprised to have received a notification on a Saturday.  No letter under documents yet. I'll share once I see it.

File date: July 10th

BIO: July 30th

Case transferred: October 25th (no notification on where it was transferred but I assume to Portland)

Timeline
On 12/21/2019 at 9:07 AM, So_hopeful said:

Hello, I wanted to provide an update.  Minutes ago I received a notification that our Interview has been scheduled.  I'm surprised to have received a notification on a Saturday.  No letter under documents yet. I'll share once I see it.

File date: July 10th

BIO: July 30th

Case transferred: October 25th (no notification on where it was transferred but I assume to Portland)

Congrats! July 10th of 2018 or 2019?

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, So_hopeful said:

Thanks. July 2019.

Wow that's really fast! How did that happen? Most of us have been waiting since 2018.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

38 minutes ago, py6 said:

Wow that's really fast! How did that happen? Most of us have been waiting since 2018.

I think the person lives outside the Seattle city area and is a N-400 only filer.

I was wondering in addition to py6, Washingtonian and me (GermanG), are there still other combo filers in the forum?

The 3 of us (I believe) filed I751 sometime during 2017 and N400, during 2018. We are the lucky ones wirhout Green Card or citizenship (for more than 2 years).

Timeline
2 hours ago, py6 said:

We applied under the 3 yr rule and live south of Seattle.  That's probably why our case was transferred.  

Hope you guys hear something soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hey guys, quick question, let me know if this is the right/wrong place to ask. I have my interview date for mid Jan and I'm just curious as to what happens after? Like, how long from the interview until I'm a citizen with a passport? are there steps to take after the interview?

thanks!

Timeline

Interview letter posted today. Interview scheduled on Feb 5th. Does anyone know if the oath is held in Seattle if it's not done on the same day as the interview in Portland?

Timeline
On 12/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, GermanG said:

I think the person lives outside the Seattle city area and is a N-400 only filer.

I was wondering in addition to py6, Washingtonian and me (GermanG), are there still other combo filers in the forum?

The 3 of us (I believe) filed I751 sometime during 2017 and N400, during 2018. We are the lucky ones wirhout Green Card or citizenship (for more than 2 years).

I'm planning to go to New Zealand next year mid April. This is really literally destroying my trip. I just don't think I will have enough time to get everything ready by the time the trip needs to happen. Very disappointing and very angry at USCIS

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

8 hours ago, py6 said:

I'm planning to go to New Zealand next year mid April. This is really literally destroying my trip. I just don't think I will have enough time to get everything ready by the time the trip needs to happen. Very disappointing and very angry at USCIS

You could schedule an Infopass app. and get another I-551 stamp. In the meantime, if you still don't have it, try to get a nexus/Global Entry card (it's valid for ~5 years). I have traveled a lot back and forth with the duo I-551/Nexus trusted traveler card without having any problems. 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:25 AM, GermanG said:

You could schedule an Infopass app. and get another I-551 stamp. In the meantime, if you still don't have it, try to get a nexus/Global Entry card (it's valid for ~5 years). I have traveled a lot back and forth with the duo I-551/Nexus trusted traveler card without having any problems. 

Merry Xmas to everyone! Today myUSCIS which had been down to zero days on Dec 16 and had remained in the "it's taking longer than expected..we are going on your case.." shows 1 day (for the N-400). They ressucitated my case? Has somebody had same experienve today or is it just a glitch of the algorithm? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.