Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, So_hopeful said:

Thank you for the great tips @trandy. Are you able to apply for your passport at the ceremony location?

cool :)

No the passport thing is totally separate. You have to book an appointment via USPS, find a location, take all your paperwork, fill in a form online. It's slightly complicated but not too bad.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, py6 said:

Thank you very much! I was really surprised when I woke up the other day and saw the "we took action on your case" email from USCIS. To be honest I was expecting May to June for that 20 month mark. Looks like they didn't forget us haha. Probably because our I-751 case took longer at NBC, causing the delay for N400. But I think you guys are very close. Hang on guys! The journey is almost over.

Congratulations that you are almost done with the journey!!

I also have I-751 pending and filed N400 on 12/2019. I am wondering if you have contacted any senator or congressman to inquire about your case? Was it successful?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are the USCIS officers at the USCIS office ask to write (in the writing test) only what is on the vocabulary writing list? Or could it be something from outside the list?

2 hours ago, Galileo Gafer said:

Are the USCIS officers at the USCIS office ask to write (in the writing test) only what is on the vocabulary writing list? Or could it be something from outside the list?

They will ask you to write a sentence that only consists of words from the list. 

I got a response from Senator and Congressman.

Dear Mr. xxx,

In response to my inquiry on your behalf, I have been in contact with and received the following information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Thank you for contacting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of your constituent, xxxxxxx, regarding his Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence, and his Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

USCIS records confirm that Mr. xxxxxxxx's Form I-751 is pending interview scheduling. Per regulations, we cannot adjudicate the Form N-400 until the Form I-751 is adjudicated. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. USCIS realizes that your constituent is concerned about the progress of his case. Please assure Mr. xxxxxxxxx that we are aware of your inquiry, and that this case has not been forgotten. If he has not received a notice in 120 days, he is welcome to contact us.

Mr. xxxxxxxx may wish to visit the Seattle Field Office to receive a stamp in his passport or a temporary card, which denotes temporary evidence of lawful permanent resident status. To do so, Mr. xxxxxxx may make an InfoPass appointment by calling the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. He will need to bring to the appointment the receipt notice for the forms and either his valid passport or two passport size photos.

I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention and giving me the opportunity to assist you in resolving this issue. I sincerely regret that my response cannot be more favorable at this time. Please feel free to contact my office in the future, should you need assistance with another matter involving the federal government.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

I got pretty much the same response from the Congressman which makes me believe it's just a generic response. What do you guys think?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
16 minutes ago, washingtonian said:

Dear Mr. xxx,

In response to my inquiry on your behalf, I have been in contact with and received the following information from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Thank you for contacting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of your constituent, xxxxxxx, regarding his Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence, and his Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

USCIS records confirm that Mr. xxxxxxxx's Form I-751 is pending interview scheduling. Per regulations, we cannot adjudicate the Form N-400 until the Form I-751 is adjudicated. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. USCIS realizes that your constituent is concerned about the progress of his case. Please assure Mr. xxxxxxxxx that we are aware of your inquiry, and that this case has not been forgotten. If he has not received a notice in 120 days, he is welcome to contact us.

Mr. xxxxxxxx may wish to visit the Seattle Field Office to receive a stamp in his passport or a temporary card, which denotes temporary evidence of lawful permanent resident status. To do so, Mr. xxxxxxx may make an InfoPass appointment by calling the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. He will need to bring to the appointment the receipt notice for the forms and either his valid passport or two passport size photos.

I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention and giving me the opportunity to assist you in resolving this issue. I sincerely regret that my response cannot be more favorable at this time. Please feel free to contact my office in the future, should you need assistance with another matter involving the federal government.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

I got pretty much the same response from the Congressman which makes me believe it's just a generic response. What do you guys think?

"120 days" is the difference. That means you are pretty close and they do have your case on hand.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, justwaiting2018 said:

Congratulations that you are almost done with the journey!!

I also have I-751 pending and filed N400 on 12/2019. I am wondering if you have contacted any senator or congressman to inquire about your case? Was it successful?

I did the inquiry on I-751 (my N400 is not out of normal processing range) & contacted Maria Cantwell. The reply was very generic, saying that they were aware of my I-751 and it was at NBC waiting for Seattle office to schedule for interview. Once the interview is scheduled, my I-751 would be sent from NBC to Seattle office.

Edited by py6

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

33 minutes ago, washingtonian said:

Dear Mr. xxx,

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

In my case, Maira Cantwell also inquiried but she got a different response.

As far as I understand, it means a "combo interview" for me:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent's immigration matter. A review confirms your constituent's Form I-751 application is currently pending alongside their Form N-400 application and will be processed simultaneously by their local field office at the time of the N-400 interview.

Their Form N-400 application is currently awaiting interview scheduling by the Seattle Field Office. Although the A-File is still physically located at the National Benefits Center (NBC), the scheduling of your constituent's interview is within the jurisdiction of the field office. Once the field office schedules this case for an interview, your constituent will receive an interview notice stating the date and time to appear for the scheduled interview. Once the interview is scheduled, the NBC will then forward the file to the field office.

Processing time information for the Seattle Field Office can be found on our website on the USCIS Processing Time Information page.

Hi Y'all, now I am a USA citizen. I tried to log into uscis account but keep saying invalid entry despite my certainty of username and password. Is it because I am done with this journey they closed my online account ? I would like to have access to my online documents I uploaded. 

Second question, I would like to register to vote, but I am wondering if I can do the whole voting thing Via Email only?  I don't like to get anything in the mail since I am moving and traveling frequently.  Please let me know if I can register online and vote also in November online as well!? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, trandy said:

cool :)

No the passport thing is totally separate. You have to book an appointment via USPS, find a location, take all your paperwork, fill in a form online. It's slightly complicated but not too bad.

Thanks so much @trandy I'll be sure to setup an appt.

3 hours ago, Dantrolene said:

Hi Y'all, now I am a USA citizen. I tried to log into uscis account but keep saying invalid entry despite my certainty of username and password. Is it because I am done with this journey they closed my online account ? I would like to have access to my online documents I uploaded. 

Second question, I would like to register to vote, but I am wondering if I can do the whole voting thing Via Email only?  I don't like to get anything in the mail since I am moving and traveling frequently.  Please let me know if I can register online and vote also in November online as well!? 

Your online account should continue to work. This is your account for many other things too (for example, filing to replace your Certificate of Naturalization).

You can register to vote online at https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx. Note that today (March 2) is the last day to register online/through mail for the Presidential Primary election on March 10. You can still register in person until the Presidential Primary election day.

Edited by PK_

1 minute ago, PK_ said:

Your online account should continue to work. This is your account for many other things too (for example, filing to replace your Certificate of Naturalization).

You can register to vote online at https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx. Note that today (March 2) is the last day to register for the Primaries election on March 10. 

Great to know thanks!! Will I be able to vote ONLINE for all primary and presidential election or it's got to be mailed at some point ? 

1 minute ago, Dantrolene said:

Great to know thanks!! Will I be able to vote ONLINE for all primary and presidential election or it's got to be mailed at some point ? 

Unfortunately, they only send ballots by mail.

"To ensure you receive your ballot, update your mailing address at votewa.gov or with your county elections office. Your ballot can be mailed to you anywhere in the world; however, your residential address must remain in Washington. You may not vote in more than one place."

https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/2020 prespri info pgs.pdf

5 minutes ago, PK_ said:

Unfortunately, they only send ballots by mail.

"To ensure you receive your ballot, update your mailing address at votewa.gov or with your county elections office. Your ballot can be mailed to you anywhere in the world; however, your residential address must remain in Washington. You may not vote in more than one place."

https://www.sos.wa.gov/_assets/elections/2020 prespri info pgs.pdf

Oh, I guess you can receive ballots by fax or email as well.

https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/voters/military-and-overseas-voters.aspx

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
17 hours ago, PK_ said:

They will ask you to write a sentence that only consists of words from the list. 

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.