Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Hien Le said:

Hi I have a similar timeline as yours! I filed my ROC on Sept 2018 at CSC, then filed N-400 with pending I-751 on August 2019. After I filed N-400, my ROC application transferred to the local office but it got transferred again to another office that has jurisdiction (not sure where). The status havent updated since then.

Therefore, I was wondering how would you know your case was transferred to Potomac? I am not sure if both my applications will be processed at Seattle office or elsewhere. I heard your I-751 was approved. Congratulations! I have a similar timeline but my ROC hasnt been approved yet!

Hi there. My case was also transferred to the local office and then to Potomac. It says on the transfer letter they send in the mail. Did they never send you a letter about the transfer?

Our K1 journey Our AOS journey

Sep 30, 2015 - I-129F Petition sent May 17, 2016 - Petition sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
Oct 08, 2015 - Check cashed May 20, 2016 - Petition received
Oct 08, 2015 - NOA1 Notification May 24, 2016 - NOA1 notification
Oct 13, 2015 - NOA1 hard copy May 28, 2016 - NOA1 Hard copy
Nov 09, 2015 - NOA2 ​ :dancing: June 18, 2016 - Biometrics letter recieved
Nov 19, 2015 - NVC received June 30, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
Nov 19, 2015 - Case number assigned Aug 11, 2016 - AP Approved (Day 87)
Nov 23, 2015 - In transit Aug 11, 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 87)
Nov 25, 2015 - Embassy received
Dec 04, 2015 - Packet 3 Received
Dec 07, 2015 - Documents sent
Jan 06, 2016 - Interview letter received
Jan 28, 2016 - Interview :dancing:
Mar 11, 2016 - Issued :dancing::dancing:
Apr 09, 2016 - POE

Apr xx, 2016 - Got SSN
May 02, 2016 - Marriage

May xx, 2016 - State ID and driving permit

u4vHp5.png

1 hour ago, yippy_j said:

OMG, I am only 9 days behind you. Quick question sir, is your estimation time still way behind? You dp all of sudden got me very excited!!

Yes, the estimation still says May 2020 on the portal. I even have an international trip booked for end of Feb/March with the family relying on that May estimation.. 

My interview is in the afternoon and not sure when my oath ceremony will be scheduled after that. Now I’ll have to reschedule all the travel plans because of this early arrival. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Not a bad problem compared to the delays other people seem to have here though.

My N-400 journey is coming to an end. I have been tracking the progress of Seattle/Yakima/Portland offices, and I just want to drop this graph off for anyone who has applied in the first half of 2019.

• Seattle interview wait time has been steadily decreasing. You can read the projected wait time from the graph to get a better approximation for your N-400 interview.
  • I live in Bellevue, but my interview is still in Seattle. I believe they only transfer some of the applications to Yakima, not all.
  • Good luck!

image.png.23edd3f2934afc3551001bb9335df559.png

My N400 application (June 2018) is now outside of normal processing times. I was able to submit an online inquiry for that and another one for my I751 (May 2017). So it's been 32 months since I filled for I751 and almost 19.5 since filling N400. I've also email my congressman and a senator. I'm about to contact USCIS ombudsman as well. Does anybody know how long do they take to respond? I was also wandering how long should I wait before contacting a lawyer and filling a Writ of Mandamus?

Edited by washingtonian

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Same here. For n400, Nothing since sep2018... 

And for i751, nothing since july 2017... im sick of getting extensions. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Just had my interview yesterday. Annoyingly, while I passed, they couldn't schedule me for the oath ceremony because I owe taxes (for which I've been paying off every month) but did not bring any evidence of my payment plan! I had ZERO idea that was necessary to get citizenship. Completely ridiculous if you ask me. I didn't even owe taxes when I applied. FYI I filed in November 2018.

So on the one in a million chance someone else has this problem - bring your payment plan to the interview.

Also, I was under the impression that you pretty much walk from the interview into the oath ceremony, but I don't think this is the case, I think they schedule it. But I have no idea how long that takes? days, weeks, months?

Hey guys,

I am also from Washington,  specifically on the Eastside. I am following this thread. I filed for N-400 while I-751 is still pending.

Here is my info:

I-751:

Package received by USCIS on 12/31/2018.

Received my 18 months extension letter on 01/24/2019.

Received biometrics appointment letter on 4/30/2019

Case status updated to fingerprint review completed on 05/01/2019.

I have not heard anything since.

N400:

Filed online on 12/20/2019

Received NOA1 on 12/21/2019

Biometrics appointment letter on 12/28/2019

Completed a early walk-in for biometrics appointment on 01/02/2020

Case status updated to "your case is being actively reviewed" on 01/02/2020

My online estimated case completion is 13 months--02/2021

My online estimated wait time is 13 months

Questions:

How accurate is the estimated case completion time?

Will my interview likely happen in Yakima, WA(I live on the eastside)?

Does Yakima offer same day interview?

Thanks guys!!

On 12/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, GermanG said:

I think the person lives outside the Seattle city area and is a N-400 only filer.

I was wondering in addition to py6, Washingtonian and me (GermanG), are there still other combo filers in the forum?

The 3 of us (I believe) filed I751 sometime during 2017 and N400, during 2018. We are the lucky ones wirhout Green Card or citizenship (for more than 2 years).

I am also a combo filer. I-751 12/31/2018 and N 400 on 12/20/2019

Still waiting....

Hi, just joining this thread as my husband has officially submitted his N-400 with a pending I-751 (last action was August 2019 when transferred to the local office to schedule an interview). I didn't realize how backlogged the Seattle office was until we filed N-400. Now am thinking the reason why the I-751 is pending is simply due to the caseload in Seattle. I'd even be happy to drive over to Yakima or down to Portland at this point if it would speed up the process. 

32 minutes ago, justwaiting2018 said:

How accurate is the estimated case completion time?

Will my interview likely happen in Yakima, WA(I live on the eastside)?

Does Yakima offer same day interview?

Entirely dependent on zip code.  On USCIS.gov you can put your zip code in and find out which is your local office.  I assume by 'eastside' you mean Eastern Washington, rather than the eastside of Lake Washington?

Not sure what you mean by same-day, but like all USCIS offices, interviews are scheduled in advance.

2 minutes ago, beckerams said:

Hi, just joining this thread as my husband has officially submitted his N-400 with a pending I-751 (last action was August 2019 when transferred to the local office to schedule an interview). I didn't realize how backlogged the Seattle office was until we filed N-400. Now am thinking the reason why the I-751 is pending is simply due to the caseload in Seattle. I'd even be happy to drive over to Yakima or down to Portland at this point if it would speed up the process. 

Some cases are transferred to equalize workloads, but you can't request for that to happen.

We just received our AOS interview after ~ 14 months.

14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Entirely dependent on zip code.  On USCIS.gov you can put your zip code in and find out which is your local office.  I assume by 'eastside' you mean Eastern Washington, rather than the eastside of Lake Washington?

Not sure what you mean by same-day, but like all USCIS offices, interviews are scheduled in advance.

I live in Redmond so the field office is technically in Seattle. But last year around July, they were transferring cases to either Portland or Yakima to balance workload. I'm not sure which field office my cases will be... sigh..the wait is torturous...

2 minutes ago, justwaiting2018 said:

I live in Redmond so the field office is technically in Seattle. But last year around July, they were transferring cases to either Portland or Yakima to balance workload. I'm not sure which field office my cases will be... sigh..the wait is torturous...

Ah.  Well, hopefully it will be scheduled soon.  Expect for it to take place in Tukwila though.

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Ah.  Well, hopefully it will be scheduled soon.  Expect for it to take place in Tukwila though.

I hope so...although i've heard that combo filers in seattle are experiencing significant delays...

1 minute ago, justwaiting2018 said:

I hope so...although i've heard that combo filers in seattle are experiencing significant delays...

Best of luck, and keep us updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.