Meera321

CR1 Visa Refusal (221g) Mumbhai

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, kris&me said:

At this point you wait now for case to be returned to the US (about 6 months ) 

the reasons for your denial (all reasons) will be listed and you will be given a  NOIR or NOID

NOIR Notice of intent to refuse ( will allow you 30 , 30 business days or 60 days to respond with evidence (and a cosponsor or proof you now make the 125% poverty guidelines needed)

NOID is a notice of intent to deny and to fight that you need to pay the fee and appeal / appeal takes a year or more (going by a member who appealed)

OR

just reapply and fight the issues at a new interview

BTW  you can look for a new job that supports the financial needs

Do not give false information at any cost. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Meera321 said:

Hello everyone, 

Anyone that can help would be amazing!!! My husband went to his interview on March 16th with all the evidence and proof possible. They started off asking him all of the general questions about our marriage. He gave them the story and they questioned why my mother was not at our wedding. He answered accordingly. After the questionnaire was complete, they gave him a white form that ready as follows....

Your immigrant visa application has been refused under section 221 (g) of he Immigration and Nationality Act because your documents are incomplete. The current sponsors income does not meet 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the number of immigrants plus the sponsors family members. .

Then it asked us to provide additional documents (additional sponsors) - FORM I-864 & FORM I-864A ...Joint sponsor + tax returns and supporting documents.

With this, they gave him another sheet of white paper that stated he should also submit evidence of ongoing communication between him and his spouse from before and after the marriage. Pictures of the wedding rituals, and chats/phone logs/etc. He asked the counselor during the interview if he can present those to him at that time, but they said no it was fine, and to submit if with the additional sponsor papers. He has to get all of this together and drop it off at AHMEDABAD VFS box WITH his passport.

My concern is how long this process will take. Is there anyone that can give me any advice or any experiences relating to mine? I can use anything right now. I heard many people say that this is common, but then I also heard people say that once you mess up, they take a very long time. I want to hear that it's not TRUE!! 

SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

Hello Meera,

Just submit the documents they asking for and in few days his visa will be approved. Don't panic. You are almost there. I know how hard to be away each other. You will be fine and just sent all documents and double make sure you include everything they ask for. Good Luck!!!

CR1 Journey for US Citizen (USC) with Spouse (India)

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

5/22/17 - Got married

6/6/17 - Mailed I-130 via UPS to Chicago Lockbox 6/7/17 - Received by USCIS; Priority Date (PD)

12/4/17 - I-130 Visa Petition Approved :) 

12/8/17- Email & Text message and website change to Case was sent to the Department of State 12/9/17 - NOA2 I-797 received in mail

12/13/17 - NVC received our case

12/21/17 - Received Welcome letter and AOS invoice from NVC thru email,Case number and invoice number assigned

12/22/17- Submit DS-261, Paid AOS fee

12/26/17 - AOS fee confirmed by bank and status change to paid in website

12/28/17 -  Received email for DS-261 confirmation and IV Invoice

12/29/17 - Paid IV fee

01/03/18 -  IV fee status change to paid in website and DS-260 open, DS-260 submitted, AOS & IV Package mailed

01/05/18 - AOS & IV package received by NVC

01/09/18 - Scan date 

01/13/18 - Case Completed. Called NVC on 1/16/18 to confirm

01/30/18 - Called NVC to find Interview is schedule for 3/15/18

02/1/18 - Received Email from NVC for interview letter PK4 dated 01/31/18

02/6/18 - Left from NVC (called on 02/07 to confirm and status changed on 2/7/18 to "In Transit")

02/8/18 - Reached at Mumbai Embassy (status changed on 2/8/18 from "In Transit" to "Ready")

03/9/18 - Medical at 8:30 at Mumbai Done

03/12/18 - Biometrics at 9:30 at Mumbai Done

03/15/18- Interview- Approved

03/19/18- Passport and Visa arrived at Blue Dart Trivandrum pickup location

03/21/18-Passport and Visa picked up

03/23/18- The USCIS Immigrant fee ($220) paid

04/26/18-POE at Chicago :) 

5/7/18-SS Card received

5/18/18-GC status on USCIS website change to Card is being produced

5/29/18- Green Card Received

ROC Journey

02/18/2020- Sent the ROC form and other documents to Phoenix AZ

02/21/2020 - Received ROC at Phoenix AZ

02/27/2020 - Check cashed and received text with receipt # MSC

03/02/2020 - Received NOA1 I-797 in mail dated 02/26/2020

03/14/2020 - Biometrics letter received in mail, notice date 03/06/2020 appointment 03/26/2020, Got cancelled because of Covid19 Closure

11/20/2020 - Received new Biometrics letter for 12/08/2020 appointment Done

12/09/2020 -  Status change to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An interview

09/09/2021 - Status change to Interview was Scheduled

10/28/2021 - Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

Did you have issues they may find troubling about your case? Did you marry first time? Have you spent time with his family? How many visits total have you had and for how long? 

They are both Indians and mostly of a young age. I am almost certain he is older. Culturally, many specs are arranged and the CO s are aware and approve most cases there. Husband will receive Visa in Hand as soon as required documents are supplied. 

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Meera321 said:

Hello everyone, 

Anyone that can help would be amazing!!! My husband went to his interview on March 16th with all the evidence and proof possible. They started off asking him all of the general questions about our marriage. He gave them the story and they questioned why my mother was not at our wedding. He answered accordingly. After the questionnaire was complete, they gave him a white form that ready as follows....

Your immigrant visa application has been refused under section 221 (g) of he Immigration and Nationality Act because your documents are incomplete. The current sponsors income does not meet 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the number of immigrants plus the sponsors family members. .

Then it asked us to provide additional documents (additional sponsors) - FORM I-864 & FORM I-864A ...Joint sponsor + tax returns and supporting documents.

With this, they gave him another sheet of white paper that stated he should also submit evidence of ongoing communication between him and his spouse from before and after the marriage. Pictures of the wedding rituals, and chats/phone logs/etc. He asked the counselor during the interview if he can present those to him at that time, but they said no it was fine, and to submit if with the additional sponsor papers. He has to get all of this together and drop it off at AHMEDABAD VFS box WITH his passport.

My concern is how long this process will take. Is there anyone that can give me any advice or any experiences relating to mine? I can use anything right now. I heard many people say that this is common, but then I also heard people say that once you mess up, they take a very long time. I want to hear that it's not TRUE!! 

SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

Do not worry at all. It will be as easy as Sunday Morning :) Just supply what is needed and he will receive his Visa very soon. Best of Luck!

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, Meera321 said:

I appreciate your time. The CO had told my husband that he does not need to come back for another interview, but just simply submit the required documents with his passport. I am a full time student and work full time as well but will be having my aunt and uncle help me cosponsor to fix the sponsor income issue. The agent I was working with convinced me that my income would  have been enough to support him alone, in which this case, it was not true. I am getting all those documents ready. The question for me though, was, how long it will take for him to get his visa stamp on his passport, once all required documents are submitted. Thanks again for your time 

Only work with a US immigration attorney.  There are legal groups that have representatives in India.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

there is no red flags at all from what u said.DONT PANIC AT ALL. CO was not able to approve Visa for single reason Sponsor U was not making enough to support him other than that he could have his visa on first Interview . and to request more evidence is just to see if u always stayed in Contact thats All.

so be calm make sure u have Affidavit of Support done wright no mistakes ,submit evidences requested and u should be ok.

About waiting it will not take long time.when they asked for passport back means to stamp Visa on not to keep it hostage .good luck and its good that u passed most important part to gain Trust from CO now its just Financial Documents and u should be good to go.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Saadat Alam said:

Do not give false information at any cost. 

Thank you for the support...

12 hours ago, OlayemiLoray said:

@Meera321 as previous posters said, submit what they asked for and you should be fine...All else is irrelevant...

Thank you so much 

Timeline
11 hours ago, sibz said:

Hello Meera,

Just submit the documents they asking for and in few days his visa will be approved. Don't panic. You are almost there. I know how hard to be away each other. You will be fine and just sent all documents and double make sure you include everything they ask for. Good Luck!!!

Thank you so much I really appreciate the support. I will get everything into them correctly this time. Thanks again. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, destiny-hope said:

there is no red flags at all from what u said.DONT PANIC AT ALL. CO was not able to approve Visa for single reason Sponsor U was not making enough to support him other than that he could have his visa on first Interview . and to request more evidence is just to see if u always stayed in Contact thats All.

so be calm make sure u have Affidavit of Support done wright no mistakes ,submit evidences requested and u should be ok.

About waiting it will not take long time.when they asked for passport back means to stamp Visa on not to keep it hostage .good luck and its good that u passed most important part to gain Trust from CO now its just Financial Documents and u should be good to go.

Thank you so so much!!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
19 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

So you got married the first visit? Sometimes this causes issues/concerns. You can't change it now of course and it's great you've had two additional visits for a reasonable amount of time. Do you have an age difference? 

Nonsense

They just have a few missing documents.  The visa will probably be issued a week or so after the file is complete.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Reading this page sent a cold chill down my spine. However, I'm pretty optimistic from all you have said that he will get his visa stamped as soon as the documents are sent to them that's why they requested for his passport too. So relax and I will also want to thank everyone who made their contribution/comment. I felt encouraged after reading everyone of them even though I'm yet to get an interview date. God bless us all. 

Edited by Moses E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.