Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Gonzala,

You mean option two that you gave was more up to date? My employer's lawyer just sent in an rfe for me for my visa case but it's not showing up on the case status online as received. Unfortunately, I spent hours trying to sign into the system to find out about my case a different way with no success. Does it usually just take a few days for the case status to update? It's concerning because the deadline for the rfe is coming up soon.

Thanks again!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Gonzala said:

there are 2 possibilities:

1. Case online status: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

2. You sign up for an account here and add your number as a paper file: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

In my case, the account information was more up to date but I think this can vary...

me and tech... i tried to quote you and it never showed up on my previous message.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, fs2439 said:

Hi Gonzala,

You mean option two that you gave was more up to date? My employer's lawyer just sent in an rfe for me for my visa case but it's not showing up on the case status online as received. Unfortunately, I spent hours trying to sign into the system to find out about my case a different way with no success. Does it usually just take a few days for the case status to update? It's concerning because the deadline for the rfe is coming up soon.

Thanks again!

The case status online still shows „received“ for my waiver case while the account was updated 2 days after approval but it really can vary. For example, the status of my I-485 was updated on the case online status one day earlier. Maybe it depends on the center? What was the problem with the account? I didn’t have to give a lot of information (mainly email address). But you need to add your file number by hand (it doesn’t show up automatically)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gonzala said:

The case status online still shows „received“ for my waiver case while the account was updated 2 days after approval but it really can vary. For example, the status of my I-485 was updated on the case online status one day earlier. Maybe it depends on the center? What was the problem with the account? I didn’t have to give a lot of information (mainly email address). But you need to add your file number by hand (it doesn’t show up automatically)

Ok thank you. 

It asks me to create an account and then doesn't recognize my account. This happened multiple times. Anyway, maybe I can wait until Monday and then call uscis... Thanks again! xo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
22 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

Ok thank you. 

It asks me to create an account and then doesn't recognize my account. This happened multiple times. Anyway, maybe I can wait until Monday and then call uscis... Thanks again! xo

Weird... Did you get the confirmation email when you signed up for an account?

Yes, calling USCIS may be the safest option. Good luck!

Hi Guys, 

I hope that your J-1 Waiver processing is going smoothly. I wanted to share my timeline : {My case was type No Objection and my USCIS processing center was Vermont}.

Quick Backdrop : I am an engineer, and did not received any US based (Fullbright) scholarships. I had a 2 year home residence because of my trade-of-work.

a) Most Documents Reach DOS on : May 30th 2018

b) No Objection from Home Country Received at DOS on : July 12th 2018

c) Favorable Recommendation Sent by DOS to USCIS (copy to me) : July 31st 2018 

d) USCIS gets my Documents on : August 7th 2018

e) USCIS send me a I-797C {Notice of Action} on : August 8th 2018

f) USCIS sends case for internal processing {as per USCIS DHS} on : August 9th 2018

g) USCIS approved my J-1 waiver petition on : August 30th 2018

h) I received the approval notice on : September 4th 2018

Timeline for No Objection Cases : {b-days – Business Days}

1. Home Country Embassy → Department of State (No Objection Certificate) : 14-21 b-days

2. DOS → USCIS (Favorable Recommendation) : 20-40 b-days

3. USCIS → You (Approval Notice) : 15-30 b-days

*. These numbers are derived from my cases and some others I studied and researched. My guess is for your case, your can take the mean of these dates with a standard deviation of a 10 b-days.

I wish you, J-1 waiver expectants, luck and I am sure that your waiver should be processed shortly.

26 minutes ago, fabi_c said:

Any news? I just emailed them. But not sure if they'll answer... 

I received a response :

"Our Waiver Review Division is making every effort to offer expedited processing for our J-1visa waiver applicants.  However, there can be no guarantee that your waiver will be finished by a particular date. "

So, not really helpful. I just check the website 4x a day, it is fine... Im not anxious... ahaha

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, CabacoPhD said:

I received a response :

"Our Waiver Review Division is making every effort to offer expedited processing for our J-1visa waiver applicants.  However, there can be no guarantee that your waiver will be finished by a particular date. "

So, not really helpful. I just check the website 4x a day, it is fine... Im not anxious... ahaha

I'm checking everyday too! Thanks for sharing their answer! Lets hope they approve it soon! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, J1WaiverStory said:

Hi Guys, 

I hope that your J-1 Waiver processing is going smoothly. I wanted to share my timeline : {My case was type No Objection and my USCIS processing center was Vermont}.

Quick Backdrop : I am an engineer, and did not received any US based (Fullbright) scholarships. I had a 2 year home residence because of my trade-of-work.

a) Most Documents Reach DOS on : May 30th 2018

b) No Objection from Home Country Received at DOS on : July 12th 2018

c) Favorable Recommendation Sent by DOS to USCIS (copy to me) : July 31st 2018 

d) USCIS gets my Documents on : August 7th 2018

e) USCIS send me a I-797C {Notice of Action} on : August 8th 2018

f) USCIS sends case for internal processing {as per USCIS DHS} on : August 9th 2018

g) USCIS approved my J-1 waiver petition on : August 30th 2018

h) I received the approval notice on : September 4th 2018

Timeline for No Objection Cases : {b-days – Business Days}

1. Home Country Embassy → Department of State (No Objection Certificate) : 14-21 b-days

2. DOS → USCIS (Favorable Recommendation) : 20-40 b-days

3. USCIS → You (Approval Notice) : 15-30 b-days

*. These numbers are derived from my cases and some others I studied and researched. My guess is for your case, your can take the mean of these dates with a standard deviation of a 10 b-days.

I wish you, J-1 waiver expectants, luck and I am sure that your waiver should be processed shortly.

Thanks for this info!

Timeline
1 hour ago, mohitindelhi said:

How long is the response towards the (approval in case of H1b premium processing)  RFE? I had to send USCIS the transcript of my terminal PhD degree, as it was from a foreign country (India)? Do they do it instantly or they take their 15 long days?

I don't think they will take 15 days. I would guess 5-10. But who know

36 minutes ago, SoniaL said:

No response on my case either. They updated the website with the 'Received' on the documents on the 14th of Aug. No response to my email. I'm on a 4-8 times checking a day too!

Hi SoniaL

In my case too they updated the status as documents received on 15 Aug. But my attorney received a request further evidence (RFE)

so isubmitted the phd degree evaluation report.

So far no update after that.

Was your case an RFE too

please update when you get any approval ,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.