Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, CabacoPhD said:

Hello all,

I know all of you already posted your J1 waiver timelines, and mine is looking like this:

Item Action Date
No Objection Statement Received July, 06 2018
Fee Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-3035 Received June, 28 2018
Form DS-2019 Received June, 28 2018
Passport Data Page Received June, 28 2018
Statement Of Reason Received

June, 28 2018

According to the reference 6-8 weeks, I should wait 3 more weeks to say anything.

I'm just wondering if anyone that has a date close to mine received anything or still waiting...

Oh my... my nos was received on July 27. I received funding from my state in Brazil (not federal government). I am not on the skills list nor am I a physician. We'll see how long it takes

I wonder if the average 6-8 weeks refers to DoS or DoS+USCIS? I don't know... seems unpredictable

Edited by fs2439

5 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Oh my... my nos was received on July 27. I received funding from my state in Brazil (not federal government). I am not on the skills list nor am I a physician. We'll see how long it takes

I wonder if the average 6-8 weeks refers to DoS or DoS+USCIS? I don't know... seems unpredictable

It refers to DOS. Timing starts once all your material is in, so July 27.  

Edited by Coco8

15 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Yeah, Coco8 is right. It starts to count when they received all the documents (usually the NOS is the last).

And the 6-8 weeks is for the DOS only, however, if you need this to apply for an adjustment of status, the DOS favorable recommendation suffice.

This 6-8 weeks rule is also just for reference since they can take how long they want. Which sucks, because it took them 1 month to receive my documents alone (counting from the time it arrived there according to USPS), and has been another 5 weeks.

It is just a rant here, but I would like to know the % of denial for the No-Objection processes. Like, if my government is ok with it, what is the big deal? Anyway...

Timeline

I was was also wondering about stats and found these on the uscis website. There are stats for several years but not for 2018 yet 

INA 212e Waiver Recommendations - FY2017-1.pdf

Maybe these denials are for fullbrighters and other us government funding recipients? Who knows...

Edited by fs2439

1 hour ago, fs2439 said:

I was was also wondering about stats and found these on the uscis website. There are stats for several years but not for 2018 yet 

INA 212e Waiver Recommendations - FY2017-1.pdf

Maybe these denials are for fullbrighters and other us government funding recipients? Who knows...

Yes, it could be anyone with DOS government funding, so not just Fulbright.

Edited by Coco8

Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, CabacoPhD said:

Yeah, Coco8 is right. It starts to count when they received all the documents (usually the NOS is the last).

And the 6-8 weeks is for the DOS only, however, if you need this to apply for an adjustment of status, the DOS favorable recommendation suffice.

This 6-8 weeks rule is also just for reference since they can take how long they want. Which sucks, because it took them 1 month to receive my documents alone (counting from the time it arrived there according to USPS), and has been another 5 weeks.

It is just a rant here, but I would like to know the % of denial for the No-Objection processes. Like, if my government is ok with it, what is the big deal? Anyway...

Hey! :) any news on your process? Fingers crossed. I'm still waiting

Hello Guys,

My home residency requirement is because of "Home government funding"

Here is my time line!

March 7th 2018 all the documents received by DOS

June 18th 2018 No objection statement received 

July 16th Recommendation sent

July 23rd Copy of the recommendation letter received

July 25th USCIS accepted my application

July 30 Receipt notice received

August 8th 2018 USCIS/DHS website shows approval

August 11th 2018 Approval notice arrived

Thank you for posting the timelines.

Hello, everyone,

I'm really worried they have not received my documents after inquiring more information (Incomplete information, Letter sent). I sent the package through Fedex Express on the 12th of July with receipt of Approval. 

it's been a month now and they have not updated the status to Received.

Does anyone recommend re-sending it? I don't know if it would do better or worse, but thinking I could resend it and see what happens. My assumption is that they lost it somewhere.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 07.10.21.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, SoniaL said:

Hello, everyone,

I'm really worried they have not received my documents after inquiring more information (Incomplete information, Letter sent). I sent the package through Fedex Express on the 12th of July with receipt of Approval. 

it's been a month now and they have not updated the status to Received.

Does anyone recommend re-sending it? I don't know if it would do better or worse, but thinking I could resend it and see what happens. My assumption is that they lost it somewhere.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 07.10.21.png

What additional information did they need? Maybe they're reviewing it but didn't update the system?

Guys - has anyone needed to send back any documents? On their website, DOS mentions that the following address should be used (also where you're sending in your initial application):

Waiver Review Division
U.S. Department of State
CA/VO/DO/W
SA-17, 11th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20522-1711

Now, on their letter to me, they said I should send all correspondence to the following address (slightly different Visa Office), which is what I did:

Waiver Review Division
U.S. Department of State

VISA Office - CA/VO/L/W

SA-17, 11th Floor

600, 19th Street, N.W.

I'm considering re-sending the envelope. Has anyone had to send anything back and if so, which address did you use?

Thanks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, SoniaL said:

Guys - has anyone needed to send back any documents? On their website, DOS mentions that the following address should be used (also where you're sending in your initial application):

Waiver Review Division
U.S. Department of State
CA/VO/DO/W
SA-17, 11th Floor

Now, on their letter to me, they said I should send all correspondence to the following address (slightly different Visa Office), which is what I did:

Waiver Review Division
U.S. Department of State

VISA Office - CA/VO/L/W

SA-17, 11th Floor

600, 19th Street, N.W.

I'm considering re-sending the envelope. Has anyone had to send anything back and if so, which address did you use?

Thanks!

I had to send something back on Aug 1 because I had started the process on a previous J and had concluded a new one since then. Website hasn't updated for me yet either. I also emailed them to ask a couple days later and got no reply. I know they check that email, so I'm guessing they just take really long to update statuses of docs received through the mail. Do you remember how long your initial documents took to show? As mentioned, my initial documents were sent a very long time ago so I can't judge from them.

39 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

I had to send something back on Aug 1 because I had started the process on a previous J and had concluded a new one since then. Website hasn't updated for me yet either. I also emailed them to ask a couple days later and got no reply. I know they check that email, so I'm guessing they just take really long to update statuses of docs received through the mail. Do you remember how long your initial documents took to show? As mentioned, my initial documents were sent a very long time ago so I can't judge from them.

My initial application showed up in less than 1 week as Received. These documents I sent on the 12th of July - it's been exactly 1 month. I also sent them an email about it 2 weeks in, no reply. I just resent the envelope. It's possible that initial one is sitting somwhere else or it was re-routed by mistake. I don't know, I'm just very paranoid that it got lost. Let me know how yours goes!

40 minutes ago, fs2439 said:

By the way - which address did you use?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.