TBoneTX

September 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,058 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I filed  September 11, 2017 and got a RFE. One of the things they asked me was:

"Submit evidence of your employment for the past five years between September 12, 2012 to September 11, 2017. Include the name of your employer, employer’s address, your occupation, and the start/end dates of your employment."

What evidence would be acceptable? The e-mail I used when I got the offer letters for most of the jobs is no longer available and not possible to get back. (College e-mail address) What letter is acceptable that includes my "employer’s address, your occupation, and the start/end dates of your employment." 

Best,

celepang

12 minutes ago, celepang said:

Hello all,

"Submit evidence of your employment for the past five years between September 12, 2012 to September 11, 2017. Include the name of your employer, employer’s address, your occupation, and the start/end dates of your employment."

What evidence would be acceptable? The e-mail I used when I got the offer letters for most of the jobs is no longer available and not possible to get back. (College e-mail address) What letter is acceptable that includes my "employer’s address, your occupation, and the start/end dates of your employment." 

Best,

celepang

Then what I could think of is w2 or pay slip which could show the company names. Which are more solid than an offer letter. As offer letter doesn't really mean you have worked in that specific company (you could recline the offer right?~) 

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Freemonoid said:

NOA2.jpg

1 hour ago, Naes said:

Yep call them.. I don’t think this is regular. I believe it usually states the petition is being forwarded etc in that part.

Yep am with @Naes
That is not standard language. Should state that case is being forwarded to NVC. NVC will process in blah blah blah weeks.

Also that language about YOU (not NVC0 contacting consulate showed up a few times in May forum and I believe it was an error as well.
So call them. Hope they can easily remedy that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, celepang said:

Hello all,

Best,

celepang

Were you employed during that time period?
The easiest thing (and anyone please correct me if am wrong) is to have that employer during that time period write a simple letter on company letterhead saying you worked there on so and so date.

Also, a job offer letter is not proof of employment. It shows someone offered you a job, does not show that you actually worked there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

The dates are not exactly different. They just put submitted date instead of received date now, which makes it easier for them when someone tries to call or put an inquiry.

i believe the new system updates even if it is a silent noa2, which means it is more accurate. As I always say one shall check their status through the website and this new one is way better for that.

but for updates they normally do in their case tracker part of the website, yes it is working. With the same difference of silent noa2s not being available. System usually updates a few hours after the new system shows any change. So again for personal reasons, please use that system.

and we can use these scans and case tracker apps as we did before, to see where they are and how it is flowing ;) 

Hi @Naescan you please send me the link of the new system of uscis? Thank u

3 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Were you employed during that time period?
The easiest thing (and anyone please correct me if am wrong) is to have that employer during that time period write a simple letter on company letterhead saying you worked there on so and so date.

Also, a job offer letter is not proof of employment. It shows someone offered you a job, does not show that you actually worked there.

Hey, 

I was employed during the time. However, I was an intern/contractor for about 3-4 months. which make getting a verification letter a bit more difficult. 

celepang

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phillip & Jingkie said:

Hi @Naescan you please send me the link of the new system of uscis? Thank u

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
15 hours ago, AbenaKofi said:

Hey, someone else on #teamNorCal!

Well - you're close to North Beach in San Francisco,  but they're sensitive about calling it Little Italy ;).  So if you go into SF and want Italian food/pizza, go there! 

Otherwise I'm an East Coast girl living in Northern Cali and there are so many other foods that Cali is good at - Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, fresh local California cuisine, the list goes on...that I just wait until I go home to New Jersey to get my pizza and bagels :P.  

Ohhh, that's good to hear i won't be alone in the big Cali! 

My fiance used to live in Oakland, so I know little Italy quite well, but still. I can say (not to brag) I cook better than the restaurants I tried. Maybe I was just unlucky. I guess I'll cook my own food. But I definitely started to experience other cuisines, Mexican in particular. There are almost no Mexican restaurants where I live. And I'm not saying I can't find good food, that would be a lie. I guess I'm just picky with Italian one. My bad! 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Amit M said:

If you’re on the west coast, then spare yourself and don’t ever go to California pizza kitchen. That is not real pizza.

That's what I was talking about. I just exploring other cuisines I never tried before! 

Timeline
16 hours ago, JoelThai said:

Great to see evidence that a single letter of intent signed by both the petitioner and beneficiary can work!   And the notary is an additional plus as well.   I assume the Notary witnessed the signing of your signature, but not that of the Beneficiary.   Out of curiosity, was the signature of the Beneficiary "wet" on the this document?

I'm the beneficiary and no, it only witnessed my fiance signing. I printed it and wet signed it and then, along with a lot of other stuff, I mailed it to him. He then went to the notary to sign his part. I was super worried because I also read to do 2 separate papers, but he ("I'm a lawyer, I know stuff, trust me" fiance quote) said it didn't matter one or two papers so we did this way. I was expecting a rfe but we got approved instead. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Amit M said:

I have read many of the stories on this thread about how most of you have been meeting your fiancé on and off by them either visiting you or vice versa. And here me and my fiancé haven’t seen each other since July 2017 after our engagement. We thought me visiting her in US would jeopardize our fiancé visa processing and were afraid to take that shot. And now reading your guys stories makes me feel dumb. It wasn’t really clear if we could or could not meet on tourist visa. We both are dying to see each other :(((

I (beneficiary) went to the US for a month (mid November - mid December) to visit my fiance while waiting for noa2. No problem at all! It was actually the easiest and smoothest entry ever. 

There's also a post on VJ called "yes, you can visit" if that's any help! 

4 minutes ago, baggles said:

I (beneficiary) went to the US for a month (mid November - mid December) to visit my fiance while waiting for noa2. No problem at all! It was actually the easiest and smoothest entry ever. 

There's also a post on VJ called "yes, you can visit" if that's any help! 

I also went to visit my fiance during Feb. Nothing special, just answer all the questions honestly. You could also bring those documents to prove you will go back to your own country afterwards. But most of the time, they will not check. 

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

2 hours ago, baggles said:

Ohhh, that's good to hear i won't be alone in the big Cali! 

My fiance used to live in Oakland, so I know little Italy quite well, but still. I can say (not to brag) I cook better than the restaurants I tried. Maybe I was just unlucky. I guess I'll cook my own food. But I definitely started to experience other cuisines, Mexican in particular. There are almost no Mexican restaurants where I live. And I'm not saying I can't find good food, that would be a lie. I guess I'm just picky with Italian one. My bad! 

The world is soooo tiny, my fiancé is from Alameda, just next to Oakland :wub: And agreed, I wasn't as thrilled about Little Italy either 🙈

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.