1,678 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Mchave32 said:

Hello guys I submitted my I-601A on 12/5/17. 

12/28/17 biometric appointment. 

3/26/18 case was transfer to the Nebraska office.

I check the processing time on the uscis.com page and it said 2.5-6 months and working on 12/09. I checked my case and it says received to my local office. Wondering how much longer is going to take.

Hi! Let me ask one question...IS it about marriage? I mean for husband, wife... i m asking because I applied on January 9 and still waiting for answer.. and mine it s about waiver for daughter ... because what I m seeing when it s for husband or wife takes shorter... 

11 hours ago, Mchave32 said:

15 minutes ago, Mchave32 said:

Yes it is through marriage and I'm worry because my wife is due 7/1 with our third child. The waiver is for myself.

Did you try to send an email to them? You can send it.. there is an option telling if your case is outside than normal, which is your case, you fill up the information and send it to them

Timeline

Hello, I am new to all of this! just wanted to share. This is for my husband!

February 2018 - My husband's waiver was sent off within 2 weeks we received the receipt.

March 17, 2018 - Biometrics appt was received.

April 5, 2018 - Biometrics appt in Tennesse, everything went well by the way.

Currently waiting on approval... A little confused though, I called NVC inquiring about his case and they mentioned something about an affidavit application that had to be submitted before his interview but after the approval, anyone aware of this?

19 hours ago, Tatithedoors said:

Did you try to send an email to them? You can send it.. there is an option telling if your case is outside than normal, which is your case, you fill up the information and send it to them

No I haven't. I did email my immigration attorney(no reply yet). Next week 6/15  I have my biometric appointment to renew my DACA.

2 hours ago, Dlandin said:

February 2018 - My husband's waiver was sent off within 2 weeks we received the receipt.

Currently waiting on approval... A little confused though, I called NVC inquiring about his case and they mentioned something about an affidavit application that had to be submitted before his interview but after the approval, anyone aware of this?

Once your waiver is approved your immigration attorney will get an email. Then he must submit the I-864 affidavit of support. I believe is the once that will grant you an interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/8/2018 at 9:16 AM, Dlandin said:

The NVC can process your IV application and the I-864 AoSupport application while you are waiting for your I-601a to be approved.

Before the NVC will schedule your interview, the NVC will need:

1) Completed and paid DS-260 (your IV application)

2) Completed and paid I-864 Affidavit of Support. 

3) Approved I-601a from the USCIS.  USCIS will send you a letter in the mail and they will inform the NVC of their decision.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hello people, 

we have almost the same timeline, just that my husband is from Ecuador, our form I-601A was sent Feb '18

accepted Feb 22, '18

April 5th, '18 - biometrics app

May 10th, '18- case was transferred to another office 

all this was in Nebraska until it was transferred , does anybody know why it would  get transferred? Has this happened to anybody else?

This happened  to me. I summited mine on 12/5/17. On 4/27 it was transferred to the Nebraska processing office. I ask my immigration attorney why did it happen? And she told me it would help my waiver to process faster. And yet is been more than 6 months and nothing yet. My attorney told me to wait at least 2 months to submit an inquiry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/7/2018 at 2:20 AM, Mchave32 said:

Hello guys I submitted my I-601A on 12/5/17. 

12/28/17 biometric appointment. 

3/26/18 case was transfer to the Nebraska office.

I check the processing time on the uscis.com page and it said 2.5-6 months and working on 12/09. I checked my case and it says received to my local office. Wondering how much longer is going to take.

I wish I had an answer for that! USCIS is so scrambled with the order in which they do things. I know people that have waited since June 2017 and just got approved. Then there is people that have only waited 2 months. It depends I guess on the officer and your individual case information. We are currently on our 4th month waiting. We are hoping that any day we get the approval. 

You should do an inquiry to find out if they can tell you anything. Good luck to you! I hope you get an answer soon!!❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/29/2018 at 1:54 PM, JJ_M said:

yes I did use the a lawyer.. 

Think positive, everything will go well..

I received my biometrics appt and it will be on the 21st of June. Did you receive  yours?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, melinasamaniego said:

hello people, 

we have almost the same timeline, just that my husband is from Ecuador, our form I-601A was sent Feb '18

accepted Feb 22, '18

April 5th, '18 - biometrics app

May 10th, '18- case was transferred to another office 

all this was in Nebraska until it was transferred , does anybody know why it would  get transferred? Has this happened to anybody else?

Do you have any deportation case in your record or any criminal record that cleared already? I;ve read in one of the threads theirs got transferred and they were thinking this was the reason. But they got an approval at the end. Did you used an attorney?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JillB said:

Do you have any deportation case in your record or any criminal record that cleared already? I;ve read in one of the threads theirs got transferred and they were thinking this was the reason. But they got an approval at the end. Did you used an attorney?

hi, no he does not have any criminal record or deportation case, and yes we did use an attorney. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.