1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, mommyo2life said:

Hi, Thank you for asking. Yes, I have. 

My waiver i601A got approved May 2nd 🙏🏻 My 

case complete was May 9th 

now I’m just waiting for NVC to make my 

appointment in Juarez. 🙏🏻😌 hopefully soon. 

How about you? 

Thanks for the response and Congratulations!! I'm truly happy for you!  Keep us updated when you receive your appt!  We just on the starting point. I just received my notification email yesterday that my I601a was received and transferred to Nebraska Center for processing. Did you hire a lawyer?

22 minutes ago, JillB said:

Thanks for the response and Congratulations!! I'm truly happy for you!  Keep us updated when you receive your appt!  We just on the starting point. I just received my notification email yesterday that my I601a was received and transferred to Nebraska Center for processing. Did you hire a lawyer?

Thank you soooo much 😌 I appreciate it. And that’s awesome! Hopefully you get your fingerprints appt soon. When my case was received on February they gave me my fingerprints appt in March. Then after that I wanted and o got approved in May. And mine is in Nebraska too. I did hire a lawyer Hope this helps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi im new. Following bc we're sending my weiver i601a out this week . Im from mexico married 2 us citizen and have 3 kids been married for 5 years together 6. .. i know i know why we didnt start this years b4.. but we didnt have the money amd we wanted a lawyer so we didnt mess up and since i have few stuff on my record. Nothing major just driving without lisence 

Edited by Ougalde62

6 hours ago, Ougalde62 said:

Hi im new. Following bc we're sending my weiver i601a out this week . Im from mexico married 2 us citizen and have 3 kids been married for 5 years together 6. .. i know i know why we didnt start this years b4.. but we didnt have the money amd we wanted a lawyer so we didnt mess up and since i have few stuff on my record. Nothing major just driving without lisence 

Hey! same here, my lawyer sent my i601a last week just waiting for the receipt and the biometrics appointment.. Patience is the key.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, JJ_M said:

Hey! same here, my lawyer sent my i601a last week just waiting for the receipt and the biometrics appointment.. Patience is the key.. 

Yes patients lol. Whats going 2 hold us is getting a sponsor IF we get approve 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone.  I'm new here.  Just wanted to see who was on the same boat as us.  We sent out the i601A in January, 2018, we received the receipt in February and got the biometrics done on March 12th, 2018.  Just waiting to see if it's approved.  In March, my attorney said it would take about 3-4 months after the biometrics are received.  He is now saying that it could possibly be taking double the time with this administration.  Anyone in the waiting game or have about the same timeline? 

21 minutes ago, lrhope said:

Hi Everyone.  I'm new here.  Just wanted to see who was on the same boat as us.  We sent out the i601A in January, 2018, we received the receipt in February and got the biometrics done on March 12th, 2018.  Just waiting to see if it's approved.  In March, my attorney said it would take about 3-4 months after the biometrics are received.  He is now saying that it could possibly be taking double the time with this administration.  Anyone in the waiting game or have about the same timeline? 

Hi! About the same timeline... We sent our in January 2018, received the receipt and biometric on March... now waiting the answer... let me know if your case got approved... wish you luck!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, lrhope said:

Welcome 😀

Wavier received 2/12/18

Receipt received 3/6/18

Biometrics Appt: 4/5/18

Our Lawyer is telling us it’s taking about 8-10 months right now but there has been some approvals after 2 or 3 months. I am praying that my husband gets approved before 6 months🙏Nothing we could do but wait.....🤞

Good luck to you👍

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tatithedoors said:

Hi! About the same timeline... We sent our in January 2018, received the receipt and biometric on March... now waiting the answer... let me know if your case got approved... wish you luck!!

Waiting game... Good luck!  I think I saw in a forum that someone that sent it in January has gotten their approval this month.  Crossing fingers.

Timeline

Ooh. I'm so glad I found this thread! Our waiver was received April 6, and my husband just had his biometrics appointment yesterday. I'm so nervous/excited! And happy to see it going well for people on here! Fingers crossed for us and all of you!

Timeline
On 5/22/2018 at 9:55 PM, Ougalde62 said:

Ougalde62,

I asked myself the same question many times over: Why didn't I do this earlier??

Well, staying together longer and establishing a long family history with your spouse and your children can strengthen your I-601a extreme hardship argument.  You two have three children together now and this can work in your favor of outlining the physical and financial hardship if you and your spouse would not be able to stay together here in the United States or in Mexico.   

Plus, since you have been married now for over two years AND if all goes well with your I-601a and US Consulate interview: you will not receive a conditional green card with restrictions, but a IR-1 green card that is valid for 10 years.  

The years you and your spouse have been together is a blessing.  Do not beat yourselves up because you've felt like you've procrastinated by waiting for the right opportunity.  Everything has a right time and place.  I was married to my Mexican wife for a little over three years before I mailed the I-130 petition to the USCIS back in August of 2016.  The next month, she gave birth to our baby daughter in September of 2016.  Over the next six months, I was able to bring together my I601a hardship letter with solid arguments backed up with solid evidence, along with a psychological evaluation.  USCIS approved the waiver, NVC approved the case, and the US consulate approved my wife's visa.   Now here in May of 2018, she will be receiving her green card in a week or two.  

My main point being: use the time you have and have HAD together to your advantage.  In my honest opinion, if my wife and I would have applied for her green card within the first year or two of us being married, I don't think we'd be approved.  I wasn't making as much money at the time of the marriage and we hadn't had children together yet.  So, my I601a extreme hardship letter would look a lot different back in 2014 than what it actually came to be in 2017.   So yeah, it could mean the difference between an approval and a denial.  

Good luck  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, JJ_M said:

Good morning!

Just an update, my Waiver that was sent om May 15 with the $715 check.. was received in Chicago today May 29.. waiting for my biometrics appt.

5 hours ago, JJ_M said:

Good morning!

Just an update, my Waiver that was sent om May 15 with the $715 check.. was received in Chicago today May 29.. waiting for my biometrics appt.

5 hours ago, JJ_M said:

Good morning!

5 hours ago, JJ_M said:

Good morning!

We  have about the same timeline. My application was received on the 15th and  I received the notification on the 22nd thru email and text. I am waiting for the Biometrics Appointment letter. Hopefully our process is as quick as the others. Quick question, did you use a lawyer? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.