1,678 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, dro4739 said:

Well I want to say thanks to all the people on here who have given me their support throughout this entire process, whether you all have realized it or not. Just knowing that there are other people out there going through the same thing that I am has given me the strength to continue this arduous and difficult process.

Our original receipt date was September of 2018 (can't remember the exact date). We received an RFE on June 19, 2019. I sent in the response to the RFE almost immediately after getting it, and just today we received our approval notice via the app. I am happy beyond words! Now, we wait for our appointment in Juarez. The end is almost near!

Even though we have a shithead for a president, I will always have faith in my country (I'm an American and my wife is from Mexico) and its immigration system. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, keep the faith, and never give up hope. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Congrats!!! So happy to hear from someone that received an approval after their RFE.  I also got an RFR and replied almost two weeks ago. Hoping to get an answer soon! Could’ve gone through this process without the support of this group! 🙏🏻

29 minutes ago, Tyssa said:

Congrats!!! So happy to hear from someone that received an approval after their RFE.  I also got an RFR and replied almost two weeks ago. Hoping to get an answer soon! Could’ve gone through this process without the support of this group! 🙏🏻

When I got the RFE I was very nervous, but then I kept telling myself, "If they were going to reject us, they would have rejected us right off the bat. The RFE means they want to approve us, but they just need some more info before they can do that." So I'm sure you'll get your approval. They are too busy with other cases to be sending out RFEs to people they are going to reject. Be sure to keep us posted when you get the good news.

10 minutes ago, dro4739 said:

When I got the RFE I was very nervous, but then I kept telling myself, "If they were going to reject us, they would have rejected us right off the bat. The RFE means they want to approve us, but they just need some more info before they can do that." So I'm sure you'll get your approval. They are too busy with other cases to be sending out RFEs to people they are going to reject. Be sure to keep us posted when you get the good news.

Thank you! That’s exactly what my lawyer told me! A lot people told me that they got an answer within two weeks so I’m hoping to hear something very soon! 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Filed: Other Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with current approximate timelines.  our i601a was approved beginning of August.  what would the next step be.  he is from ecuador.  our lawyer has all the supporting documentation in her possession that is necessary for the visas.  how long do you think it will be until we receive notification from nvc with an appointment at the american embassy in ecuador, and after that, how long to get the visa to come back home.?

1 hour ago, leerad said:

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with current approximate timelines.  our i601a was approved beginning of August.  what would the next step be.  he is from ecuador.  our lawyer has all the supporting documentation in her possession that is necessary for the visas.  how long do you think it will be until we receive notification from nvc with an appointment at the american embassy in ecuador, and after that, how long to get the visa to come back home.?

I have the same question. I think there is a lot of varying information out there about how long it takes to get your appointment because some people wait until after their I-601A is approved before starting the process with the NVC, or they wait until their I-601A is approved before sending their documents to the NVC. I think if you do it that way, you will have to wait longer to get your appointment.

In my case, we sent our documents to the NVC first, received a notice from the NVC that they had all of our required documentation and that we were in the queue for an interview appointment, and THEN we sent off our I-601A application. A couple of weeks afterward, the NVC contacted us and stated that they were notified by USCIS that we had filed an I-601A, and that they would continue to process our visa application, but that they wouldn't schedule the appointment until our waiver was approved. Since our waiver was just approved last Friday, I'm wondering how long it will take USCIS to contact the NVC, and then how long it will be until we get our appointment. I'm hoping it will be in the next couple of months? It is very hard to say. We got the notification that we were in the queue for an interview back in September of 2018.

You mentioned that your lawyer has the supporting documentation in her possession. Did she already send it to the NVC? If so, when? Did you receive a notice from the NVC that you were in the queue for an interview appointment overseas? I'm by no means an expert at this, but I think the amount of time you have to wait largely depends on the answer to those questions.

Edited by dro4739

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, dro4739 said:

I have the same question. I think there is a lot of varying information out there about how long it takes to get your appointment because some people wait until after their I-601A is approved before starting the process with the NVC, or they wait until their I-601A is approved before sending their documents to the NVC. I think if you do it that way, you will have to wait longer to get your appointment.

In my case, we sent our documents to the NVC first, received a notice from the NVC that they had all of our required documentation and that we were in the queue for an interview appointment, and THEN we sent off our I-601A application. A couple of weeks afterward, the NVC contacted us and stated that they were notified by USCIS that we had filed an I-601A, and that they would continue to process our visa application, but that they wouldn't schedule the appointment until our waiver was approved. Since our waiver was just approved last Friday, I'm wondering how long it will take USCIS to contact the NVC, and then how long it will be until we get our appointment. I'm hoping it will be in the next couple of months? It is very hard to say. We got the notification that we were in the queue for an interview back in September of 2018.

You mentioned that your lawyer has the supporting documentation in her possession. Did she already send it to the NVC? If so, when? Did you receive a notice from the NVC that you were in the queue for an interview appointment overseas? I'm by no means an expert at this, but I think the amount of time you have to wait largely depends on the answer to those questions.

So, just to be clear.  Your I-601a waiver has been approved recently, and ALL your information that the NVC has asked for has been already been sent and all your fees have been paid, correct?  

For my wife and I, I paid all the NVC fees(as part of completion of the I-601a) but didn't submit the information to the NVC until after our I-601a was approved.  I've seen in other posts the NVC scheduling consular interviews WITHOUT the I-601a waiver being completed yet, and I didn't want to be in the same position.  

Going off your information, you probably will be getting an email from the NVC saying they are processing your case since all has been completed.  Going off our own timeline:  our I-601a was approved in November of 2017, On March 1st of 2018 we received the email from the NVC that they scheduled the consular interview for April 30th, 2018 in Juarez.  There was a small delay with the NVC as I needed to mail the NVC the police certificate from my wife's home state.  The NVC was also giving me a hard time about my financials as I'm self employed.  So, if the NVC has accepted all your information without any snags, and you have the I-601a approval, I'd say your case will be scheduled for the interview in the next month or two.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Andyreyes said:

Really? What day from December ? I’m from December 12 and I’m super anxious . What group is it if you don’t mind ?

Group link below. Just click and request to follow.. Her receipt date is Dec 5 approved on Aug 9.. Nebraska

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1249726488398355/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Montenegro
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bariskurt said:

December receipts are getting approves have seen on FB groups.. I heard they are about to finish with October's.. 

Thanks for keeping us updated 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Elliej said:

Thanks for keeping us updated 

Elliej, I see that you are from NJ.. do you know anything about getting a drivers license after 601a approved.? cause on that FB groups many state DMv's are accepting DL applications with approved 601a. that would be awesome if we can do it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jmcortes20 said:

So I checked my status today at it says the following:

As of August 10, 2019, we are processing the fingerprints for your Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, Receipt Number.

how long do I need to wait for any other response?

About 8-10 months from "Received Date". When did they receive yours?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Montenegro
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Bariskurt said:

Elliej, I see that you are from NJ.. do you know anything about getting a drivers license after 601a approved.? cause on that FB groups many state DMv's are accepting DL applications with approved 601a. that would be awesome if we can do it!

Im not sure.  I know ny and nj are a few of the states that havent fully adopted the new federal regulations for licenses.  The smaller countries by the way dont have a very long wait for an interview.  We have already filed all forms for nvc and our paperwork is at the embassy.  We had to reschedule our appt since we havent gotten our 601a yet

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Elliej said:

Im not sure.  I know ny and nj are a few of the states that havent fully adopted the new federal regulations for licenses.  The smaller countries by the way dont have a very long wait for an interview.  We have already filed all forms for nvc and our paperwork is at the embassy.  We had to reschedule our appt since we havent gotten our 601a yet

That's why my attorney is waiting to get approval, before taking any action on nvc side.. anyway thanx👍 if I hear anything I'll be contacting.. goodluck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.