TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Louv said:

Have been off this forum last week so congrats to all the people getting their combo cards/gc! @GoodVibesOnly @T_P@adipo21 @michy007

I express mailed my RFIE response on thursday... Hopefully I will hear from them soon since I got my RFIE so late... I cant imagine waiting another 3 months:/

FYI it was about my marriage certificate (which I had already sent). I talked to a tier 2 and he said that the IO might have gotten confused because my marriage certificate in the county I live in says 'marriage license'...  So they might have thought it was the wrong doc......

I got a letter from the clerk saying it was the right doc,+cover letter+ sent the document again... 

RFIE received at 190 days

Currently 202 days since filing 😢

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Based on other people's experiences in this thread, I think you have a good chance of getting your card in production this month.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

How is everyone doing? More news from Uscis or other updates? Hoping that everyone here is okay. 

My EAD card has been “in production” for one week already and hasn’t changed status. I wonder why it hasn’t been shipped yet since so many people seemed to get their cards in their hands after one week. But we will see. 

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

2 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

How is everyone doing? More news from Uscis or other updates? Hoping that everyone here is okay. 

My EAD card has been “in production” for one week already and hasn’t changed status. I wonder why it hasn’t been shipped yet since so many people seemed to get their cards in their hands after one week. But we will see. 

That's pretty unusual. You could call and ask a Tier 2. Or maybe they did mail it and the system hasn't updated. Keep an eye on the packages section of Informed Delivery.

2 hours ago, Hamilton said:

That's pretty unusual. You could call and ask a Tier 2. Or maybe they did mail it and the system hasn't updated. Keep an eye on the packages section of Informed Delivery.

Yeah :/ it kind of worries me considering all the misprocessing that happened to my case before. 

So far I just received the approval notice yesterday but nothing about the EAD card itself nor status update (and the status update seems to be working okay).

Weird weird... hopefully I’m not going to be like the ones who have to wait for 2 more months for no reason. 

thank you!

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

That's weird. It should be getting mailed out soon. Mine was mailed out 5 days after being in production. I'd hope you get an update this week!

August 28, 2017: Priority Date

September 5, 2017: AOS Notice of Action

September 8, 2017: Biometric Notice of Action letter 

September 29, 2017: Biometric done

January 26, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - was told nothing useful

February 16, 2018: Service request made. Hasn't been assigned.

February 23, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - officer emailed NBC regarding urgency of EAD

March 2, 2018: EAD in production on day 186 (e-notification) :D 

March 7, 2018: EAD mailed out (e-notification) :D 

March 12, 2018: EAD RECEIVED!!!

On 3/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, Chris&RunnyRun said:

anybody still waiting for the Philly office to schedule an interview or had a interview? Thank you.

I still waiting for my EAD! local office Philly 

AOS 

CIS Office :        Chicago IL

B2 VISA 

Got marry 05/12/2017 

Date Filed:         08-08-2017

Date received:   08-10-2017

NOA Date :        08-17-2017

NOA biometrics:  09-01-2017

Biometrics:        09-15-2017 

RFIE for I-485:  09-07-2017

RFIE  response received:  10-24-2017

RFE I-485: AGAIN! 03-26-2018

RFE respond received: 04-13-2018

Combo card:  card produced e-notification 04-18-2018  (advance parole, employment authorization) 

Combo card:  case approved e-notification  04-19-2018  

Combo card:  NOA case approved letter by mail 04-23-2018

Combo card: Card mailed: e-notification (finally)!! 04-23-2018 (priority mail)

Combo card received: AFTER 256 DAYS!!!! CARD IN HANDS  04-26-2018 happy!

I-485 GC case update: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview 04-24-2018

Interview notice: 07/21/2018

Interview date: 08/21/2018 Approved same day. Text and case status update " approved" same afternoon.

GC been produced: 08/22/2018

GC mailed: 08/25/2018 received: 08/28/2018

ROC

I-797 notice for open window: 04/22/2020

Window opened 05/21/2020

Send package : May 26th

Package received: May 29th - Text confirmation  and case number assigned June 4th

Check cashed: June 5th

June 28th and NOA ...

June 29th: called and summited a NON delivery request (never assigned)

July 10th: Received NOA extension letter

Waiting....

Since July 10th case did not change. 

March 17th 2021: New card is being produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

After waiting two months for a response on my service request, I got this email today. Today I called USCIS and just took my frustration out on them and cried and they truly don't seem to care or have any emotions. They call you their "customer" yet they do not treat you like one. It is just awful and depressing. They asked us for initial evidence and we haven't even gotten an acknowledgement that they received my response to the stupid evidence for request. I only came to know they recieved it thanks to US postal service who gave me a tracking number to track them and I wanted someone to sign when recieving the document. It seems like we will never have our status looked into or handled. 

IMG_3803.PNG

IMG_3800.PNG

41 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

After waiting two months for a response on my service request, I got this email today. Today I called USCIS and just took my frustration out on them and cried and they truly don't seem to care or have any emotions. They call you their "customer" yet they do not treat you like one. It is just awful and depressing. They asked us for initial evidence and we haven't even gotten an acknowledgement that they received my response to the stupid evidence for request. I only came to know they recieved it thanks to US postal service who gave me a tracking number to track them and I wanted someone to sign when recieving the document. It seems like we will never have our status looked into or handled. 

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's very unfair. Have you contacted a Congressperson or Ombudsman? I really suggest you do that. Let us know if you encounter issues doing that.

Also, apparently USCIS removed the "customer" language from their mission statement with the new administration:  

"The word “customers,” as used to describe those applying for immigration benefits, was eliminated because it “promotes an institutional culture that emphasizes the ultimate satisfaction of applicants and petitioners, rather than the correct adjudication of such applications and petitions according to the law,” he said."  “Use of the term leads to the erroneous belief that applicants and petitioners, rather than the American people, are whom we ultimately serve,” Cissna wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/02/22/nation-of-immigrants-according-to-u-s-customs-and-immigration-services-not-so-much/

Edited by Hamilton

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's very unfair. Have you contacted a Congressperson or Ombudsman? I really suggest you do that. Let us know if you encounter issues doing that.

Also, apparently USCIS removed the "customer" language from their mission statement with the new administration:  

"The word “customers,” as used to describe those applying for immigration benefits, was eliminated because it “promotes an institutional culture that emphasizes the ultimate satisfaction of applicants and petitioners, rather than the correct adjudication of such applications and petitions according to the law,” he said."  “Use of the term leads to the erroneous belief that applicants and petitioners, rather than the American people, are whom we ultimately serve,” Cissna wrote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/02/22/nation-of-immigrants-according-to-u-s-customs-and-immigration-services-not-so-much/

I did contact the congressmen, never got any response. I also contacted senator Ted Cruz, got not even an acknowledgement that they'd look into. The system is only their to rob people for their money. 

35 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I did contact the congressmen, never got any response. I also contacted senator Ted Cruz, got not even an acknowledgement that they'd look into. The system is only their to rob people for their money. 

Ombudsman?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hope we get good news this week or next. 

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Ombudsman?

I have not contacted them, I looked on their website, and it does not tell me how to get a hold of them? 

1 hour ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I have not contacted them, I looked on their website, and it does not tell me how to get a hold of them? 

Fill out this form: https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yup!! thats the online form thingy i filled. They sent me a generic reponse that they have received my info and will inquire on my behalf. That was about a week ago and the yesterday they sent another generic email saying they had contacted USCIS about my case.

I follow another immigration website and someone had said to create an account on a different USCIS website which i did. I woke up this morning and i had an email saying my card was in production after 199 days. For those that are curious the website is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov. More of the same information from the regular website but they seem to update faster. My regular USCIS website and case tracker havent updated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.