TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Personally, I think folks who are still waiting for the EAD/AP should exhaust their options - contact the Congressperson, the Senator, the Ombudsman. For me, I'm pretty sure the Ombudsman's office is why my card finally got approved. If you keep waiting months for one of these places to do something, you'll be waiting a long time. And you've already been waiting a ridiculous time.. I think you're well in your rights to contact more than one person now.

Good luck, folks. I hope you all get your cards soon.

Yeah man, that's exactly what I'm afraid of: that they'll take a long time to approve the combo card. I'll wait and see until next Mon but if nothing happens, I'll be emailing the ombudsman for sure.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
30 minutes ago, yogabbaz said:

so i'm trying to create that account on the website in your signature, for DOS case ID, where do you find that? I googled and what I thought was the case ID was when I filled the i-129f petition and the receipt whatever for k1 visa and it won't let us saying to enter the correct DOS case ID so I'm stumped. 

I believe the date is the day of receipt that show on the app as the day USCIS acknowledge receiving your case. 

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

3 hours ago, borodine01 said:

I believe the date is the day of receipt that show on the app as the day USCIS acknowledge receiving your case. 

So is that account a different one compared to the one on uscis website?

Haven’t commented on here in a long time!! I’m just wondering if anyone’s I-485 status changed at all? Mine still says fingerprint received on the 7th August lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

Yes its a different account, the account I had created on the usual website and my tracker app still say Case was received... But the account that I just created on that other website has everything updated and my card is in the mail.

Concerning the medical from what I have read it is valid from 1 year starting the day you send /or they receive your AOS, not 1 year from when you did your medical(as long as it wasn't way outdated >1year when you sent AOS)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
27 minutes ago, heamatite2000 said:

Haven’t commented on here in a long time!! I’m just wondering if anyone’s I-485 status changed at all? Mine still says fingerprint received on the 7th August lol 

Quite à few people have "Ready to be scheduled for an interview", a few have gotten their interviews and even some (1 or 2 ? ) their GCs. 

My I 485 is on RFIE received.

11 hours ago, Louv said:

Yes its a different account, the account I had created on the usual website and my tracker app still say Case was received... But the account that I just created on that other website has everything updated and my card is in the mail.

Concerning the medical from what I have read it is valid from 1 year starting the day you send /or they receive your AOS, not 1 year from when you did your medical(as long as it wasn't way outdated >1year when you sent AOS)

I signed up but for some reason, I can not confirm my identity, super annoying. I put in my A number, then the other number which start with LND but it says it cant be found :( 

I have put in all my receipt numbers though but it doesn't say anything different from the other log in page...

Is there a point booking a infopass? Or will they just give me the same info as when I’m calling a tier 2 at uscis?

Can they hurry it up if I go to the field office? Or will they just tell me to wait? 

im just trying to figure out if there is any point driving 188miles (one way). 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

Is there a point booking a infopass? Or will they just give me the same info as when I’m calling a tier 2 at uscis?

Can they hurry it up if I go to the field office? Or will they just tell me to wait? 

Maybe it depends on cases, but my experience was that, after driving two hours and waking up quite early, a very nice officer told me that he was so sorry for me but that the only thing he could do was to do another service request, and that he could not even do that as I already had one pending. So, not very useful. I got a really nice dress on that day though, so it can be worth it if the field office is in a nice city haha.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

yes it is.

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

1 hour ago, Londonergirl said:

I went to my infopass appointment early in the morning, it was just a waste of time and money even though it was only 10 minutes away from my house. The customer service representative was very nice and tried to find an answer as per why is my case still pending after 200 days since I filed and almost 90 days since the USCIS received the RFE response. We asked for a supervisor and she was soooo rude. Telling us that they cannot do anything about my case since the file is in NBC blah blah blah and the only thing they could do was to open a service request... but there was one already open. So I don't think it is worth the drive. Contact your congressman or especially the Ombudsman. 

1 hour ago, G&M. said:

I went to my infopass appointment early in the morning, it was just a waste of time and money even though it was only 10 minutes away from my house. The customer service representative was very nice and tried to find an answer as per why is my case still pending after 200 days since I filed and almost 90 days since the USCIS received the RFE response. We asked for a supervisor and she was soooo rude. Telling us that they cannot do anything about my case since the file is in NBC blah blah blah and the only thing they could do was to open a service request... but there was one already open. So I don't think it is worth the drive. Contact your congressman or especially the Ombudsman. 

90 days since your RFE response was received?! Smfh. I'm guessing you've reached out to other reps already?

7 hours ago, G&M. said:

I heard back from the congressman today. It was the second time they had contacted USCIS for me. It basically says that my I-485 is pending and that most cases would come back quick, but a small amount of them doesn't. A small number of cases involve unresolved issues and require further checks. 

Pending?! Has anyone even looked at it if it's pending?

Then about my I765, it is currently under active review and I should contact them again if I haven't received an answer within 60 days. 

Congressman cant do anything further. Is there a point in contacting the Senate or ombudsman? Or will they just say the same? And if there would be an issue with the case, would USCIS not have contacted me?!

Timeline

@Hamilton hey, how long did it take for you to get your card after they put it in the mail.

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

I signed up but for some reason, I can not confirm my identity, super annoying. I put in my A number, then the other number which start with LND but it says it cant be found :( 

I have put in all my receipt numbers though but it doesn't say anything different from the other log in page...

yeah, us too. we can't confirm the identity... @borodine01 do you remember where you can find the DOS case ID?  

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.