TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dnkwame417 said:

Yup!! thats the online form thingy i filled. They sent me a generic reponse that they have received my info and will inquire on my behalf. That was about a week ago and the yesterday they sent another generic email saying they had contacted USCIS about my case.

I follow another immigration website and someone had said to create an account on a different USCIS website which i did. I woke up this morning and i had an email saying my card was in production after 199 days. For those that are curious the website is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov. More of the same information from the regular website but they seem to update faster. My regular USCIS website and case tracker havent updated

Congrats!! I think the ombudsman might have helped in your case, even if they only sent you generic responses. Looks like USCIS just needed some prodding!

I'm pretty confused about the difference between those two sites. Why do they have two sites to show info about the same thing? Weird. USCIS, I will never understand you.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/13/2018 at 11:23 AM, GoodVibesOnly said:

Yeah :/ it kind of worries me considering all the misprocessing that happened to my case before. 

So far I just received the approval notice yesterday but nothing about the EAD card itself nor status update (and the status update seems to be working okay).

Weird weird... hopefully I’m not going to be like the ones who have to wait for 2 more months for no reason. 

thank you!

@GoodVibesOnly I have sent you a private message!

On 3/15/2018 at 3:15 PM, dnkwame417 said:

Yup!! thats the online form thingy i filled. They sent me a generic reponse that they have received my info and will inquire on my behalf. That was about a week ago and the yesterday they sent another generic email saying they had contacted USCIS about my case.

I follow another immigration website and someone had said to create an account on a different USCIS website which i did. I woke up this morning and i had an email saying my card was in production after 199 days. For those that are curious the website is https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov. More of the same information from the regular website but they seem to update faster. My regular USCIS website and case tracker havent updated

This is very helpful! I saw my case status different than the one from USCIS online case page!

2 yr GC approved 04/29/2019

10 yr GC approved 06/02/2021

On 3/13/2018 at 2:23 PM, GoodVibesOnly said:

Yeah :/ it kind of worries me considering all the misprocessing that happened to my case before. 

So far I just received the approval notice yesterday but nothing about the EAD card itself nor status update (and the status update seems to be working okay).

Weird weird... hopefully I’m not going to be like the ones who have to wait for 2 more months for no reason. 

thank you!

I had my EAD/AP card in the mail 2 days after I received the approval letters. A tier 2 officer told me it probably will take 10 days lol - an hour later it was in my mail. So I think everything within 10-14 days after your approval letters is normal!! 

On 3/14/2018 at 8:37 PM, Faby&Jaz said:

I did contact the congressmen, never got any response. I also contacted senator Ted Cruz, got not even an acknowledgement that they'd look into. The system is only their to rob people for their money. 

Well, that's just sad (sadly that doesn't surprise me with this particular Sen...go Beto in November is all I can say to that!). My congressman's office called me back an hour after I filled out the forms online. I hope you get more help from the Ombudsman! I mean, you can also try with Sen Cornyn - you never know. 

Edited by lms

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

@Louv and @txkangaroo, glad that helped you guys. I woke up this morning with two emails saying my i765 and i131 has been approved. It's just good to know of some progress. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Hamilton said:

I finally contacted the Obudsman of USCIS, I hope I do not upset USCIS for doing so. I mean the waiting has become ridiculous. I found out I am pregnant, and my husband can't work and I am the only one working. There are times when we don't have food to eat, because we are short on money. It has become really depressing. I feel like I had to do this, yet I was apprehensive at the same time. I hope I did the right thing, because like this we may grow gray hair and not hear anything due to the changing government. This is so stressful!!! :unsure: Thanks for the advice :) 

19 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I finally contacted the Obudsman of USCIS, I hope I do not upset USCIS for doing so. I mean the waiting has become ridiculous. I found out I am pregnant, and my husband can't work and I am the only one working. There are times when we don't have food to eat, because we are short on money. It has become really depressing. I feel like I had to do this, yet I was apprehensive at the same time. I hope I did the right thing, because like this we may grow gray hair and not hear anything due to the changing government. This is so stressful!!! :unsure: Thanks for the advice :) 

Oh dang, so sorry it's been rough! It's been hard to deal with because I honestly think 99% of us are experiencing difficulty with this whole process and it's not because we're at fault either. As you say, the waiting is the hardest part.

It's been a while since I've posted publicly but I figured I'd share my recent experience. I got an RFE for our I-864 on Feb 1 and it took us a while to get the paperwork together. We had to get a joint sponsor (my dad-in-law, who makes more than enough money and was more than happy to help us out). We also discovered an error in our original I-864, so we sent in a new one with a Post-it indicating the corrections and an underlined paragraph in our cover letter to make sure they don't miss it. Our papers were finally delivered two days ago. I thought I'd be happier that this part's behind us but to be honest, I'm just back to biting my nails over waiting for their response! Sigh. Good luck to everyone!!! (And I don't have my combo card yet sooo yes, it's been very tough.)

22 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Hey I’m sorry you are going through this, dealing with this waiting is horrible. I feel like the ombudsman will be able to help you in a matter of days and these hard times will change. Don’t forget to send him/her the email after completing the form like our friend Hamilton suggested (his message should be pinned for new augusters who just joined this forum, it is good info). Congrats on your pregnancy btw! I don’t think you’ll upset anyone since contacting the ombudsman is a right to have and it’s been a long time for you already. 

Depending on where you live (or if moving out to a ‘better place’ is a possible option), the job market right now is actually really really good for many positions out there or for a change of job (not everywhere, but also, there are plenty of remote jobs as well. You can PM if you want me to send you a list of options💕) so I don’t think getting a job for your husband will be an issue after getting his EAD, we just have to get there. You can start looking at opportunities since now maybe or preparing for it (stand out with a website, research interviews, list of companies, updating resumes, or etc). 

It’s so frustrating to know you’re going through this while in a pregnancy, just remember to eat well (even though you say you don’t have much to eat) and have good thoughts (I know it’s hard in the middle of this process!). Meditation and self-awareness can be good practices to deal with the crazy hormones when they come visit, hehe. 

I can’t say that you’ll have news next week because this just continues to be very unpredictable, all I can do is hope for it to happen. So I really hope that someone touches your case after the ombudsman’s communication and will get your EAD card before the month ends :) good luck my friend! 💜 stay strong. 

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

17 hours ago, lms said:

I had my EAD/AP card in the mail 2 days after I received the approval letters. A tier 2 officer told me it probably will take 10 days lol - an hour later it was in my mail. So I think everything within 10-14 days after your approval letters is normal!!!

Yeah I received it after 10 days lol well, finally after a 222 days wait. So yay. :) 

August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)

18 hours ago, Louv said:

Oh my god !!  Thank you so much !!  My regular tracker app and other account still said

I 485 :  rfie was mailed

Ead :  case received,

Just created an account on that website and it says RFIE was received and 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊EAD card in production !!!  😍😊😊😊😊😊😊

Thanks for the tip !  This is great !  The updates were from yesterday and 3 days ago and I hadnt gotten any texts or mails or anything !! 

Yeah it is strange. Mine still shows “card is being produced” but I have my card already lol and haven’t received any sms or emails about shipment the days before.

Congrats to you! Finally! 🤘😎

3 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

Yeah I received it after 10 days lol well, finally after a 222 days wait. So yay. :) 

Congrats, buddy!! FINALLY! 

5 hours ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Congrats on the pregnancy, and sorry you're having such financial trouble. 

Next, please hit "reply" to the email you got from the Ombudsman, and tell them to please expedite the processing of your case request. Include the case number they gave you.

Say: "My  husband urgently needs his EAD because I am pregnant and we are currently in such severe financial straits that we are having difficulty running our household. I am finding it very hard to be the sole breadwinner during my pregnancy. His EAD processing has been delayed by many months since we filed in Aug 2017, and this qualifies for expedited processing." 

A human DOES read those emails, and they may speed up the process of looking into it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I spoke to a Tier II Officer this morning, she said as of Friday, March 16, 2018 my case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview! FINALLYY!!!! :jest: I have been going crazy seeing everyone else get these notifications....

I have had "We received your fingerprint fee..." as a status since August 2017! Beyond excited that my case is moving along.

My wife and I are supposed to go out of state for our 1 year anniversary next month, but I don't want to book anything without knowing my interview date! Hope I hear back soon. I will keep you guys posted! :thumbs:

On 3/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, dnkwame417 said:

Thanks for sharing this website. I don't think I've come across it before and now I have an account. I'm waiting for them to update our status to "RFE response received". But if they don't do so by the end of this week, I think I'm just going to email my senator again or the ombudsman because while I understand they get new applications every single day, we're Aug filers who have been waiting 6+ months for any update. It looks like more and more people are getting very late RFE's.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.