TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, borodine01 said:

Thank you, I'll start working on it right now and see. Cause my congressman rep is not helping at all.

It looks like you can email the privacy release form for Marco Rubio's office, so here's how to contact the Repub Senator as well:ย https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/casework

ย 

ย 

Augustย 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

ย 

ย 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

ย 

I need advice on whether or not to cancel/reschedule my wedding celebration in France (!!!) that is supposed to take place at the end of May. My husband and I booked plane tickets months ago and are supposed to leave the US on May 10th. I still do not have my EAD/AP...

ย 

Here is my timeline:

August 15th: applied for AOS, AP, EAD, and Petition for spouse (my husband is a US citizen and we got married last July in the US. I had a tourist visa, but we decided to get married last minute instead of going back to Europe as planned)

Mid September: biometrics appointment

February 27th: received request for initial evidence asking for extra financial evidence from myย sponsor

March 3rd: we replied to the request, my attorney said she received the confirmation they received it on the next day

ย 

Like many in this thread, this whole situation is making me extremely anxious and depressed. It would be absolutely awful if we had to cancel our wedding in France, on a personal level and also on a financial one.ย 

ย 

So do you think there is a chance that I'll get my AP in time to leave the US on May the 10th? Or should I just cancel the whole trip now to save the little money I can?

ย 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, spazkles said:

Hello,

ย 

I need advice on whether or not to cancel/reschedule my wedding celebration in France (!!!) that is supposed to take place at the end of May. My husband and I booked plane tickets months ago and are supposed to leave the US on May 10th. I still do not have my EAD/AP...

ย 

Here is my timeline:

August 15th: applied for AOS, AP, EAD, and Petition for spouse (my husband is a US citizen and we got married last July in the US. I had a tourist visa, but we decided to get married last minute instead of going back to Europe as planned)

February 27th: received request for initial evidence asking for extra financial evidence from myย sponsor

March 3rd: we replied to the request, my attorney said she received the confirmation they received it on the next day

ย 

Like many in this thread, this whole situation is making me extremely anxious and depressed. It would be absolutely awful if we had to cancel our wedding in France, on a personal level and also on a financial one.ย 

ย 

So do you think there is a chance that I'll get my AP in time to leave the US on May the 10th? Or should I just cancel the whole trip now to save the little money I can?

ย 

Obvious question here, but, have you asked your attorney? Do you need to cancel it now or can you wait until the last possible moment and then cancel if needed be?

ย 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Obvious question here, but, have you asked your attorney? Do you need to cancel it now or can you wait until the last possible moment and then cancel if needed be?

ย 

My attorney does not know either, she said it can come quickly or slowly who knows... I tried to find the average processing time after a RFE, and it says 60 days. My parents only want to wait until the beginning of April, which will be less than a month, so that they can get partly refunded from the vendors they hired.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, spazkles said:

My attorney does not know either, she said it can come quickly or slowly who knows... I tried to find the average processing time after a RFE, and it says 60 days. My parents only want to wait until the beginning of April, which will be less than a month, so that they can get partly refunded from the vendors they hired.

So you have at least until April to cancel it, that's good. You might have your EAD/Travel card in time. I don't know if it will help much, but you can try to call USCIS to see what they say.

2 hours ago, spazkles said:

Hello,

ย 

ย 

Here is my timeline:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I think this is totally possible. Look at my timeline. At least three others in this thread have gotten their EAD/APs in hand within 2-3 weeks of USCIS receiving a response to the RFIE.ย 

ย 

If you look back to my posts over the last week, I have a lot of advice on what to do. Mainly, contact a Congressperson and the Ombudsman. Tell them both you're facing severe financial loss if you can't travel and need the AP ASAP. That's exactly what I did. I have urgent work travel in April.

ย 

Also - google "emergency advance parole". That was going to be my last resort plan if I didn't have the AP in hand.

Edited by Hamilton
added Emergency info

ย 

ย 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I think this is totally possible. Look at my timeline. At least three others in this thread have gotten their EAD/APs in hand within 2-3 weeks of USCIS receiving a response to the RFIE.ย 

ย 

If you look back to my posts over the last week, I have a lot of advice on what to do. Mainly, contact a Congressperson and the Ombudsman. Tell them both you're facing severe financial loss if you can't travel and need the AP ASAP. That's exactly what I did. I have urgent work travel in April.

ย 

Also - google "emergency advance parole". That was going to be my last resort plan if I didn't have the AP in hand.

Thank you, it really gives me hope! My attorney contacted the Ombudsman and the State Senator before I got my RFE as nothing had happened for months. I do not know if they are going to be willing to do anything given that I just sent the RFE back, so I am afraid that they would think it is not very reasonable to expect USCIS to reply very quickly. I will call the US Senator office back though, the lady was nice last time :)ย 

ย 

I just googled the emergency AP and the USCIS itself says "Business trips, weddings, holiday parties, and other planned events would usually not be considered an emergency situation. "ย I guess it couldย always be worth to try...

3 hours ago, spazkles said:

Thank you, it really gives me hope! My attorney contacted the Ombudsman and the State Senator before I got my RFE as nothing had happened for months. I do not know if they are going to be willing to do anything given that I just sent the RFE back, so I am afraid that they would think it is not very reasonable to expect USCIS to reply very quickly. I will call the US Senator office back though, the lady was nice last time :)ย 

ย 

I just googled the emergency AP and the USCIS itself says "Business trips, weddings, holiday parties, and other planned events would usually not be considered an emergency situation. "ย I guess it couldย always be worth to try...

So I don't know the process with an attorney (we filed ourselves), but I think it can't hurt to directly email the Ombudsman yourself and plead your case. They wrote back to me within a few hours saying they'll consider it. The next day, my card was in production. The next day, they emailed me and said they were closing my case since the card is now being produced.

ย 

This is the email I used :ย cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

And I included my Ombudsman request number that I got from filling out the online form. Worst case scenario, nothing comes of it. But you have a lot to possibly gain!

ย 

edit - also, I've researched emergency parole a TON in case my AP didn't come through. On VJ, it seems like some people HAVE gotten it to attend non-emergency things that would cost them money or incur some type of loss. Some guy got it for work travel. It seems like it's VERY variable and probably depends a lot on whether the officer you get is nice, and if they like you.

ย 

Edited by Hamilton

ย 

ย 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Hamilton said:

It looks like you can email the privacy release form for Marco Rubio's office, so here's how to contact the Repub Senator as well:ย https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/casework

ย 

ย 

That's where I was getting the help from. They weren't much help at all.

โ€ขย 08.07.2017 --->ย  I-485, I-765,ย I-131 Priority Mail

โ€ข 08.09.2017 --->ย  Package received

โ€ข 08.15.2017 --->ย  Received text messages and emails

โ€ข 08.15.2017 --->ย  Checks cashed

โ€ข 08.19.2017 --->ย ย Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

โ€ข 08.25.2017 --->ย  Received biometrics letter

โ€ข 09.01.2017 --->ย  RFIE

โ€ข 09.07.2017 --->ย  Biometrics appointment

โ€ข 09.15.2017 --->ย  Received RFIE

โ€ข 10.05.2017 --->ย  Sent RFIE Response

โ€ข 10.07.2017 --->ย  USCIS Received RFIE Response

โ€ข 10.10.2017 --->ย  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

โ€ขย 03.19.2018 --->ย  Card in production *Day 221*

โ€ขย 03.21.2018 --->ย  Card mailed out *Day 223*

โ€ขย 03.23.2018 --->ย  Card in hand *Day 224*
โ€ขย 10.26.2018 --->ย ย Interviewย schedulesย *Day 442*

โ€ขย 12.06.2018 --->ย ย Interview Day

โ€ขย 12.10.2018 --->ย ย Needing new medical

โ€ข 01.03.2019ย --->ย ย Mailed new Medical

โ€ข 01.04.2019ย ---> USCIS received medical

โ€ข 01.15.2019ย --->ย ย Card is in the mailย *Day 523*

โ€ข 01.17.2019ย --->ย ย Card receivedย *Day 525*

ย 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/5/2018 at 3:27 PM, Hamilton said:

I GOT MY COMBO CARD!!ย  Omg, it has been 209 days since I filed. Finally, the nightmare is over.ย 

ย 

Thanks everyone for the support and help through this horrible process. If anyone is still waiting for their EAD/AP, please feel free to message me here or via private message if there's anything I can do to help.

How Awesome Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Timeline
15 hours ago, michy007 said:

Im so happy, finally a long journey came to an end. received my green card yesterday. thank you visa journey. It tookย 212 days for the GC to come. thanks everyone and wish you all a good luck. online status still says case received.

Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

so USCIS finally look at one of my SR and stated that I should hear from the within 60 days. The case is under review, I'm not holding my breath, I guess that still something. Mind you they closed the SR.

Edited by borodine01

โ€ขย 08.07.2017 --->ย  I-485, I-765,ย I-131 Priority Mail

โ€ข 08.09.2017 --->ย  Package received

โ€ข 08.15.2017 --->ย  Received text messages and emails

โ€ข 08.15.2017 --->ย  Checks cashed

โ€ข 08.19.2017 --->ย ย Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

โ€ข 08.25.2017 --->ย  Received biometrics letter

โ€ข 09.01.2017 --->ย  RFIE

โ€ข 09.07.2017 --->ย  Biometrics appointment

โ€ข 09.15.2017 --->ย  Received RFIE

โ€ข 10.05.2017 --->ย  Sent RFIE Response

โ€ข 10.07.2017 --->ย  USCIS Received RFIE Response

โ€ข 10.10.2017 --->ย  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

โ€ขย 03.19.2018 --->ย  Card in production *Day 221*

โ€ขย 03.21.2018 --->ย  Card mailed out *Day 223*

โ€ขย 03.23.2018 --->ย  Card in hand *Day 224*
โ€ขย 10.26.2018 --->ย ย Interviewย schedulesย *Day 442*

โ€ขย 12.06.2018 --->ย ย Interview Day

โ€ขย 12.10.2018 --->ย ย Needing new medical

โ€ข 01.03.2019ย --->ย ย Mailed new Medical

โ€ข 01.04.2019ย ---> USCIS received medical

โ€ข 01.15.2019ย --->ย ย Card is in the mailย *Day 523*

โ€ข 01.17.2019ย --->ย ย Card receivedย *Day 525*

ย 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Timeline
On 3/7/2018 at 9:34 PM, adipo21 said:

Hello just wanted to shared some good news I got my Green card today๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— only took one week to come.ย 

Big Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 2:24 PM, Camason said:

My Greencard is being delivered tomorrow. Priority date 08/07/17. ๐Ÿ™Œ

Congrats ๐ŸŽ‰

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.