TBoneTX

June 2017 I-129F Filers, Part IV

2,070 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lotts said:

If you need anything, drop me a DM and I can help you out. :) My interview was in April. My POE was May 1st. Not a hitch. 

Thank you I appreciate it, we can’t actually get W2 because it takes 10 days to come by mail :( 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Grant & Bri said:

Thank you I appreciate it, we can’t actually get W2 because it takes 10 days to come by mail :( 

I actually rescheduled my appointment for this reason. I couldn't do anything without his paperwork to support the AoS.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lotts said:

I actually rescheduled my appointment for this reason. I couldn't do anything without his paperwork to support the AoS.

Oh no... how can I find out what London embassy require for Aos? Any brits still in here that can help me?? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Oh no... how can I find out what London embassy require for Aos? Any brits still in here that can help me?? 

I am a Brit and I'm trying to help you...

Like I said previously, I had to reschedule my interview to wait for the paperwork. He sent it all international priority. Took 3 days to get from him (MD) to me (LON). I took everything. They took the W2s and his pay stubs as the evidence.

The guy at the first window just took the AoS form and that was it. When it came to the actual interview, the lady said, "everything is fine although we cannot do anything without the evidence"

I said, "I have everything. What do you need? The other chap didn't ask for anything other than the letter"

That's when they asked me for the W2s and the pay stubs...

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lotts said:

I am a Brit and I'm trying to help you...

Like I said previously, I had to reschedule my interview to wait for the paperwork. He sent it all international priority. Took 3 days to get from him (MD) to me (LON). I took everything. They took the W2s and his pay stubs as the evidence.

The guy at the first window just took the AoS form and that was it. When it came to the actual interview, the lady said, "everything is fine although we cannot do anything without the evidence"

I said, "I have everything. What do you need? The other chap didn't ask for anything other than the letter"

That's when they asked me for the W2s and the pay stubs...

Oh I’m sorry I forgot you were British...

i seen a review from someone’s experience at London embassy and they took employment letter, payslips and bank statements and got approved. Do you think I should tell my fiancé to get the employee letter instead of her bank manager letter??

Timeline
1 minute ago, Grant & Bri said:

i seen a review from someone’s experience at London embassy and they took employment letter, payslips and bank statements and got approved. Do you think I should tell my fiancé to get the employee letter instead of her bank manager letter??

Yeah, the letter from the employer is a lot more solid than a bank. Probably easier to obtain than a bank. 

It will need to state her salary, how long she has been there, and it wouldn't hurt to have her position stated.

I would be careful though. They specifically asked me for the W2s during my interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Grant & Bri said:

My husband took employment letter, pay slips, bank statements, and tax records. We didn’t have the W2 and they didn’t ask. His interview was in February of this year. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

My husband took employment letter, pay slips, bank statements, and tax records. We didn’t have the W2 and they didn’t ask. His interview was in February of this year. 

What tax records? I Think I’m just going to take employment letter, pay slips and bank statements as it’s to late for my fiancé to get anything to do with her recent tax cause my interview is next Friday 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

What tax records? I Think I’m just going to take employment letter, pay slips and bank statements as it’s to late for my fiancé to get anything to do with her recent tax cause my interview is next Friday 

Your fiance should be able to download the transcript of this year's taxes here...

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

It's really easy and comes through instantly.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

Your fiance should be able to download the transcript of this year's taxes here...

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

It's really easy and comes through instantly.

She only has a debit card so can’t do it online unfortunately. Thank you for your help though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Just got back from the Philippines. I got my “Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” from the Embassy. We applied for our marriage license and it will be ready on June 5. I am going back on June 8 and we are planning a civil wedding on June 11.  After we get the Government Certified Marriage Certificate I will file our CR-1 and start the long wait...again. 

Well, you're still gonna get married. I wish things had gone well for you guys with the K1 visa process, but you're still going to be together. Kudos for sticking with it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Just got back from the Philippines. I got my “Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage” from the Embassy. We applied for our marriage license and it will be ready on June 5. I am going back on June 8 and we are planning a civil wedding on June 11.  After we get the Government Certified Marriage Certificate I will file our CR-1 and start the long wait...again. 

Well, you're still gonna get married. I wish things had gone well for you guys with the K1 visa process, but you're still going to be together. Kudos for sticking with it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.