Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2019 at 4:33 PM, uktoHou said:

Hi All,

We've been on this journey since the beginning of March 2018 too,

We've finally had the email 7 days ago telling us we're documentarily qualified, which was a big relief.

Just a quick question for those with experience - how long does it usually take to receive notification of the interview date (It will be at the London Embassy) and also @MrsB2212 or anyone else who might know - how long does it roughly take from this point until the actual interview?

Just trying to figure timings out with my work and when the medical may be etc.

Thanks in advance for any help and good luck to those in the same position as us - it's been a long wait.

Thanks

-UK2H

I was approved for  case complete and it took about two weeks to get my interview date. My interview was like 10days later. 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:07 AM, Sweetyp said:

hey hun. Port of entry was very easy. Now I am with my husband in USA. I flew from TORONTO pearson airport, on the day it was very busy and crowded. So many people waiting in secondary and i was worried that i might miss my flight. In secondary it took almost 2 hours so give yourself lots of time because they take you into secondary for processing. Their finger print machines were not working so they did not take my fingerprints and photos. But they did completete my  process. the only question they asked me at POE was have you ever been arrested and asked me to confirm the adress for mailing green card. I have been with hubby since last sunday. Thanks VJ and all the friendly people who have helped going through this entire process. IT took almost 13 months. Those who are still waiting just hang in there, you guys will get through it quickly. yeye. :) :)

Awww I’m so happy for you!!

I’m  finally with hubby in USA! Day two today. I landed yesterday at 11:30am. 

The port of entry was very easy. Very pleasant officer. 

I did not have to go to secondary, I was processed at the counter where you have regular entry for USA citizens. 

My package was electronic so it was really quick at the counter. I was done within a few minutes. 10minutes or so. 

He took electric finger print and my photo.

He asked for my USA phone number and if hubby was picking me up. 

Then he reminded me to adjust my status 90 days before the date he wrote in my passport.

That was it!

So now my life is soo happy 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾❤️❤️❤️  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
43 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

Awww I’m so happy for you!!

I’m  finally with hubby in USA! Day two today. I landed yesterday at 11:30am. 

The port of entry was very easy. Very pleasant officer. 

I did not have to go to secondary, I was processed at the counter where you have regular entry for USA citizens. 

My package was electronic so it was really quick at the counter. I was done within a few minutes. 10minutes or so. 

He took electric finger print and my photo.

He asked for my USA phone number and if hubby was picking me up. 

Then he reminded me to adjust my status 90 days before the date he wrote in my passport.

That was it!

So now my life is soo happy 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾❤️❤️❤️  

Wow, wonderful, wonderful. Welcome to America. Why is IO telling you to adjust your status? You entered as CR1/IR1 so you should already be a permanent resident. Confused.

Edited by nastra30

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Wow, wonderful, wonderful. Welcome to America. Why is IO telling you to adjust your status? You entered as CR1/IR1 so you should already be a permanent resident. Confused.

Yes as we’ve been married less than 2 years CR1 is CONDITIONAL RESIDENT. So in December, we will remove conditions and become LPR. That’s what he explained to me. 

If you are married over two years when you get your green card you are immediately LPR and no need to adjust status. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

Yes as we’ve been married less than 2 years CR1 is CONDITIONAL RESIDENT. So in December, we will remove conditions and become LPR. That’s what he explained to me. 

If you are married over two years when you get your green card you are immediately LPR and no need to adjust status. 

I think you can remove conditions 90 days before the 2nd anniversary of your conditional residency and not 2nd anniversary of your marriage. Officer might have not stated it well. 

Also, with CR1 you are still a LPR; there's no need to adjust to anything. You'll just have to remove conditions to extend your LPR for 10 years.

Edited by nastra30

Timeline
4 hours ago, IKD said:

Guys 

I want help please 

Can anyone know can we delete documents of joint Sponcer  that fill by mistake... Some documents of them accepted ...

If yes than how???

If no than how to solve????

Please please guys help... 😰

I think once submitted you can't delete them. You'll have to call NVC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rosalessss1023 said:

Has anyone received a email saying there is an update to your CEAC case but when you log in there is no changes? 

I have. I resubmitted my tax transcript on March 15th and on March 27th I received an email saying there is an update on my CEAC but when I log in there are no messages and everything still shows "submitted". Today is exactly 3 weeks since we resubmitted.

Hope to get an update today! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

***QUESTION!!***

Okay I logged into CEAC today and my husbands "Visa Class" changed to IR1! It was previously CR1. our 2nd marriage anniversary was March 20th, 2019! Could this be the reason? Does that mean we wont have to reapply for AOS in 2 years after he arrives? Iim kind of shocked & of course happy but dont want to get my hopes up. Has this happened to anyone else??

Ps. My last document is still just showing as submitted after I had to resubmit it. 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

***QUESTION!!***

Okay I logged into CEAC today and my husbands "Visa Class" changed to IR1! It was previously CR1. our 2nd marriage anniversary was March 20th, 2019! Could this be the reason? Does that mean we wont have to reapply for AOS in 2 years after he arrives? Iim kind of shocked & of course happy but dont want to get my hopes up. Has this happened to anyone else??

Ps. My last document is still just showing as submitted after I had to resubmit it. 

Yes..no removal conditions will have to be done 

19 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

I have. I resubmitted my tax transcript on March 15th and on March 27th I received an email saying there is an update on my CEAC but when I log in there are no messages and everything still shows "submitted". Today is exactly 3 weeks since we resubmitted.

Hope to get an update today! 

Same

Today I got mail as your case status is changed but nothing change on CEAC

Everything is as submitted... 

ll u get update???? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.