Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Hey everyone! So a little update. I called NVC this morning at 7 am eastern time. Didn’t have to wait , was immediately communicated with a representative. And the very nice lady on the phone told me that my case was received at NVC yesterday 12/13/2018. So my case number countdown has officially begun! Has anyone received there case number lately ? How long did it take ? 

Hoping everyone else hears something very soon! 

So this is how we’re looking right about now

NOA1 : March 15th 2018 

NOA2 : November 26th 2018

Sent To Departament Of State : December 7th 2018 

NVC Received : December 13th 2018

Hey, congrats! I loved getting that news too! I haven't received a case number and here is my timeline:

NOA1 : March 15, 2018 

NOA2 : November 5, 2018

Sent To Departament Of State : November 15, 2018 

NVC Received : November 26, 2018

NVC Case#/IIN: PENDING

I've seen that other couples have tended to get a number from NVC within 4- 6 weeks lately, but then you have the outliers who also get theirs at 8+ weeks. Good luck and hope you and I can get a number soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

Hey, congrats! I loved getting that news too! I haven't received a case number and here is my timeline:

I've seen that other couples have tended to get a number from NVC within 4- 6 weeks lately, but then you have the outliers who also get theirs at 8+ weeks. Good luck and hope you and I can get a number soon!

Wow! Hope we get our case number soon. But you’re very close , so please keep us posted!! Best of wishes for you! 

Does anyone know if NVC will close just Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. OR do they take off those whole two weeks ? 

Edited by Layanis J

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

QUESTION!! For those in the NVC processing stage,

Does NVC still ask you to send photocopies of documents such as marriage, birth certificates and english translations as apart of the application? Even though that was submitted to USCIS in the petition and they sent the case over?

I am trying to get prepared in advance, any help would appreciated! 🙂

Case sent to NVC on 12/10 by NSC

5 hours ago, Mmefall said:

QUESTION!! For those in the NVC processing stage,

Does NVC still ask you to send photocopies of documents such as marriage, birth certificates and english translations as apart of the application? Even though that was submitted to USCIS in the petition and they sent the case over?

I am trying to get prepared in advance, any help would appreciated! 🙂

Case sent to NVC on 12/10 by NSC

Yes. Have you checked out the NVC website? 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Edited by Jmariega

Hi all, I am the petitioner for my parents who are still in Romania. On the i184, part 2a, mailing address... can I put my US address or is it their Romanian address... the field is not even big enough for their address :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kutza said:

Hi all, I am the petitioner for my parents who are still in Romania. On the i184, part 2a, mailing address... can I put my US address or is it their Romanian address... the field is not even big enough for their address :(

I think you meant I864, correct? If so, it's information about the Principal Immigrant according to the I-864instr. Therefore, it's your parents mailing address in Romania, and not your address in the US. If the address won't fit, you should find a way to shorten it. Examples: Avenue to Ave., Street to St., P.O.Box to simply BOX etc. Just be clever and creative to find a way to do it. Also, I don't think NVC will actually write a letter to them using address on the I-864.

Instructions from I-864instr.pdf

Part 2. Information About the Principal Immigrant
The principal immigrant is the intending immigrant who is the primary beneficiary of the visa petition.
Item Numbers 1.a. - 1.c. Name. Provide the full name of the principal immigrant.
Item Numbers 2.a. - 2.i. Mailing Address. Provide the mailing address of the principal immigrant.
Item Number 3. Country

On 12/15/2018 at 3:23 AM, Cari & Andy UB said:

Our case is nearly same 

NOA1-   3/20/2018

NOA2-   11/5/2018

CASE SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE-  11/13/2018

CASE NO-  #pending 

Hopefully we ll get before Christmas... 🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got approved dec11 just gos my noa2 saturday... 

Nebraska

Pd march 19 

Noa2 dec 11 

I will call tomorrow to see if case was sent to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Michelle609 said:

I got approved dec11 just gos my noa2 saturday... 

Nebraska

Pd march 19 

Noa2 dec 11 

I will call tomorrow to see if case was sent to NVC

USCIS mailed my approved petition after two weeks of approval. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Itstyme said:

USCIS mailed my approved petition after two weeks of approval. 

Oh woow I called NVC they haven't received it 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Nikki0124 said:

I filed in March signed a g28 w our lawyer but I looked at my status and it was transferred in oct 18! Anyone else’s case transferred from Potomac to elsewhere? Still no approval :(

Where was your case transferred to? Local field office?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Michelle609 said:

Oh woow I called NVC they haven't received it 

My approval date is12/4/18. NVC hasn't received it yet either. The NVC waiting game continues.

34 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

35 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

It was transferred to NBC I called they said it was a workload transfer which is crazy bc I just looked at my paper and oops we filed in February.. she also said there was no issues no red flags just needed transferred 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.