Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Emeaba said:

What's your pd? Don't rely too much on the sites nor the visa tracker app. Coz mine is still showing case was received. Hopefully you'll get yours soonest. All the best.

According to old site and by mail

NOA1-20 march

n

New site 

It's 22 march

Thanks.... Hopefully it will be sooner 

6 hours ago, Emeaba said:

Omg!! I'm super happy. We got our approval letter by mail today. No text, no email from uscis. PD March 7 2018 TSC. For those still waiting for approval, always keep the faith alive.

Congratulations! I've seen you worry a bit in the forum and I've been right along with you! :joy:

April Texas filer myself.

March 7th Texas. 

Just got got the first RFE while expecting for the approval. Kinda devastated but gotta keep pushing. 

Does anyone  know if it really takes 30-45 days to get approved after sending the package back?

please give me some good news everyone :( 😔

2 minutes ago, liomitry said:

March 7th Texas. 

Just got got the first RFE while expecting for the approval. Kinda devastated but gotta keep pushing. 

Does anyone  know if it really takes 30-45 days to get approved after sending the package back?

Sorry to hear this! :(

This is a first for this March forum. 

If it’s not too personal, do you mind sharing what additional information they requested?

17 minutes ago, liomitry said:

March 7th Texas. 

It really depends. I have seen few people get approved within couple weeks of them sending it. 

Good luck, hope they approve it soon. 

44 minutes ago, liomitry said:

March 7th Texas. 

I can't speak from any experience other than lurking in these forums, but I think I've seen more cases get approved within a week or two after USCIS receives the RFE.

I really don't know for sure, but I would say that's good news... they looked at your case and didn't deny it! I haven't seen a single case rejected after an RFE yet, so just make sure you provide the evidence and you should rest easy knowing that you just have to wait a bit longer! Is it too personal if I ask what they requested?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, liomitry said:

March 7th Texas. 

Do you care to share what the RFE is for? I have heard it doesn't take them long to respond after you send RFE response back to them but I can't quantify it in days.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:16 AM, nastra30 said:

When you call the customer service number the first person you'll speak to will essentially just repeat whatever information you already have/know such as processing times for your service center, your current status that you can easily find in your online account, if you need help setting up an online account etc etc. Once they finish saying all that just politely tell him/her you have all that information already but you need a little bit detail than that so if it's possible to be transferred to a tier 2 associate. The person you are speaking might become a little defensive by saying a tier 2 person will essentially give you the same information he/she has already given you; don't fall it. Just say that's ok, please let me speak to a tier 2 personal. Tier 2 personal will actually be able to give you a little more info that tier 1; just a little bit.

I actually just talked to a tier 2 this morning, and I got new information on my application that I didn't have before. He essentially said it's in process but in the adjudication phase which he said is the last phase in their process. What does that tell me? At least it tells me they have passed the FBI background phase and are now about to make final approval decision on my case.

Now, for you specifically the status they gave you is pretty upsetting; how can they say your case isn't active yet since you filed since March 2018. I think that should be actually a more compelling reason to ask to be transferred to a tier 2 to find out why your case isn't active for 6 months. I'll advice next time you call insist to speak to a tier 2. All the best with your case.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:16 AM, nastra30 said:

When you call the customer service number the first person you'll speak to will essentially just repeat whatever information you already have/know such as processing times for your service center, your current status that you can easily find in your online account, if you need help setting up an online account etc etc. Once they finish saying all that just politely tell him/her you have all that information already but you need a little bit detail than that so if it's possible to be transferred to a tier 2 associate. The person you are speaking might become a little defensive by saying a tier 2 person will essentially give you the same information he/she has already given you; don't fall it. Just say that's ok, please let me speak to a tier 2 personal. Tier 2 personal will actually be able to give you a little more info that tier 1; just a little bit.

I actually just talked to a tier 2 this morning, and I got new information on my application that I didn't have before. He essentially said it's in process but in the adjudication phase which he said is the last phase in their process. What does that tell me? At least it tells me they have passed the FBI background phase and are now about to make final approval decision on my case.

Now, for you specifically the status they gave you is pretty upsetting; how can they say your case isn't active yet since you filed since March 2018. I think that should be actually a more compelling reason to ask to be transferred to a tier 2 to find out why your case isn't active for 6 months. I'll advice next time you call insist to speak to a tier 2. All the best with your case.

Correct!! Thank you very much for giving her the same advise to contact a TIER2 , everybody deserves to get more information about their case. Not just a regular (isnt active) answer. If it was me id be so sad. its so good to be such a supportive group!! 😃   

16 hours ago, Emeaba said:

Omg!! I'm super happy. We got our approval letter by mail today. No text, no email from uscis. PD March 7 2018 TSC. For those still waiting for approval, always keep the faith alive.

Congrats!! its such a good feeling !!!

I was crying nonstop when I opened the envelope... I couldnt believe it was finally approved after waiting for 6 months!! jajajajajaja

2 hours ago, Cr7gb11 said:

It really depends. I have seen few people get approved within couple weeks of them sending it. 

Good luck, hope they approve it soon. 

1 hour ago, Apelcina said:

I can't speak from any experience other than lurking in these forums, but I think I've seen more cases get approved within a week or two after USCIS receives the RFE.

I really don't know for sure, but I would say that's good news... they looked at your case and didn't deny it! I haven't seen a single case rejected after an RFE yet, so just make sure you provide the evidence and you should rest easy knowing that you just have to wait a bit longer! Is it too personal if I ask what they requested?

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Do you care to share what the RFE is for? I have heard it doesn't take them long to respond after you send RFE response back to them but I can't quantify it in days.

Thank you for kind answers guys. The wait is hard and I can’t travel to states to see my husband so it’s been very difficult. 

I do not know what the RFE is for as I just got updated from USCIS but I will update you guys once I know what they evidence they require. 

Thank you!   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Amadita said:

Congrats!! its such a good feeling !!!

I was crying nonstop when I opened the envelope... I couldnt believe it was finally approved after waiting for 6 months!! jajajajajaja

Awww!! Congrats too. I'm happy that you finally got yours after a long wait. Do you know the next step we should take after noa2?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Emeaba said:

Awww!! Congrats too. I'm happy that you finally got yours after a long wait. Do you know the next step we should take after noa2?

Coagulations to you.

USCIS sent my case to NVC today 😊

So it took 9 days from receiving NOA2, just to give you guys an indication!

Hopefully they should receive it by next Friday! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.