TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, NadiaK said:

Hi again people! It's been two weeks since our approval, and STILL the USCIS website says received. What's up with that? 

Ive heard that happens often. Some are never updated on the website.

2 hours ago, Archiebald Askie said:

Hey everyone, 

So I got a RFE on the 27 got the paper copy on the 3, mailed the response on the 5th and got a receive notice on the 6th.  Today I got informed deliver notice and hoping it's not another RFE I'm getting tired of USCIS.

Hopefully it's an approval.  I'm tired of them too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi All,  Does anyone know if my partner and I can begin filling out the DS160 (k1 Visa) while we wait for the NVC to mail our package to the US consult in Kenya.  NVC has assigned us a case number and stated they should be mailing our package off to Kenya today? (I will call NVC tonight to confirm it has been mailed)  We are trying to get as prepared as we can in order to schedule the earliest interview!  Any support on this topic would be so very much appreciated! or any info on the K1 process in Kenya as my partner is Ugandan and will be going to Kenya for interview med check and such!!

Thanks Kara

God Bless Visa Journey and all the support and encouragement found here xo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, karaandjackson said:

Hi All,  Does anyone know if my partner and I can begin filling out the DS160 (k1 Visa) while we wait for the NVC to mail our package to the US consult in Kenya.  NVC has assigned us a case number and stated they should be mailing our package off to Kenya today? (I will call NVC tonight to confirm it has been mailed)  We are trying to get as prepared as we can in order to schedule the earliest interview!  Any support on this topic would be so very much appreciated! or any info on the K1 process in Kenya as my partner is Ugandan and will be going to Kenya for interview med check and such!!

Thanks Kara

God Bless Visa Journey and all the support and encouragement found here xo

Check on the ceac website with your case number. If it says ready for interview, yeah for sure go ahead. Schedule the interview and the medical cause interviews are really hard to get now. 

I had an interview today at the embassy I got approved! 

Timeline

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations  that is so so so so awesome!  So great!!!!!!  How did the interview go?  Oh my goodness I am so excited for you, i can't imagine how you all are feeling!  I have so many questions.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/11/2018 at 9:50 PM, mhobson0213 said:

I called at 6pm and had no wait. You press 1 for English then 7 to ask a question. They will need your receipt number (WAC#) and may ask your name, beneficiaries name, DOB's. My NAO2 was the2/ 22, I called 3/9 and they just received the case that day and no case number was assigned yet. 

We are the same NOA2 and that's what they said 3 times when i call the nvc they received our case.... soon we will have our number! Good luck to us!

Timeline
1 minute ago, karaandjackson said:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations  that is so so so so awesome!  So great!!!!!!  How did the interview go?  Oh my goodness I am so excited for you, i can't imagine how you all are feeling!  I have so many questions.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS

The interview was okay but the wait! Oh my. I got there at 6.30 but they only called my name at 8.46. 

I still can't believe I was approved!!! They almost put me in Administrative Processing just cause I didn't have out chat transcripts. They had everything, emails, pictures! But they wanted the chat transcripts. So I told her to give me a few minutes to go get them. I came back with them and I was approved!! 

The interview questions are normal. Like where did you meet? What website?  How much time you spent together? When did he propose? They're gonna ask a lot of questions about the petitioner so make sure he knows you like the back of his hand. 

Otherwise they're all very polite. I was confortable with the counselor officer. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, BrentLizzie said:

The interview was okay but the wait! Oh my. I got there at 6.30 but they only called my name at 8.46. 

I still can't believe I was approved!!! They almost put me in Administrative Processing just cause I didn't have out chat transcripts. They had everything, emails, pictures! But they wanted the chat transcripts. So I told her to give me a few minutes to go get them. I came back with them and I was approved!! 

The interview questions are normal. Like where did you meet? What website?  How much time you spent together? When did he propose? They're gonna ask a lot of questions about the petitioner so make sure he knows you like the back of his hand. 

Otherwise they're all very polite. I was confortable with the counselor officer. 

oh my goodness this is so very encouraging!  I have just finished reading your experience at medical too!  Thank you for being such a great "poster of your experience"  Do you have flights to the US yet??  Are you sooo very excited to come to see your partner?!

My partner was planing on coming to Kenya and staying with his friend and booking his medical about a week or two weeks prior to his interview date, does that make sense? is a week prior enough time?  It sounds like we should wait to fill out forms until CEAC status changes and hold of on DS160 until it states case number is no longer at NVC!!!!! or has been received in kenya!

Congratulations again!

Eek I am so happy for you both!  

Timeline
20 minutes ago, karaandjackson said:

oh my goodness this is so very encouraging!  I have just finished reading your experience at medical too!  Thank you for being such a great "poster of your experience"  Do you have flights to the US yet??  Are you sooo very excited to come to see your partner?!

My partner was planing on coming to Kenya and staying with his friend and booking his medical about a week or two weeks prior to his interview date, does that make sense? is a week prior enough time?  It sounds like we should wait to fill out forms until CEAC status changes and hold of on DS160 until it states case number is no longer at NVC!!!!! or has been received in kenya!

Congratulations again!

Eek I am so happy for you both!  

My fiancé is an optimist. He'd already booked me a flight even before my interview which is great cause they went up. But he got a travel protection just in case. I'm so frigging excited! This is surreal! I'm even more excited than when I first met him! I'm so so happy! We've been really patient and it's paid up. 

I booked my interview a week and a half before my interview. It's good cause it gives them enough time to send your documents to the embassy. And sometimes they might suspect you have TB which adds another three days of sputum tests. So two weeks in advance is really really good. 

When the status on the CEAC changes to ready go ahead and book everything even before the embassy sends you an email. That's what I did so that I could get an early date for my interview 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, karaandjackson said:

Does anyone know the easiest way to get chat transcripts off of iMessage or messenger into paper form for K1 interview???

Yeah getting those was really had especially cause my fiancé and I just talk a lot on the phone without chatting. 

I went back to the beginning of the conversation from way back last year. On messenger. And started taking screen shots. 

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

I have a question.. My conversation with my fiance are in my native speak -SPANISH-,  i need to translate to take to the interview or they know Spanish,  i think they know because is here in Dominican, but im really confuse...!! 

NOA1: 24th August

NOA2: 22th February :wub:

Im From Dominican Republic, looking for people from my country to share my experiences

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
48 minutes ago, karaandjackson said:

Does anyone know the easiest way to get chat transcripts off of iMessage or messenger into paper form for K1 interview???

The best way is to make screenshots. Then, arrange 6 screenshots per page of paper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.