TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Congrats on you Visa!!! We are waiting for them to deliver the passport after a week. It says "issued" on the CEAC. A little more wait. 

Alabamak1, did your fiancee fill out the DS-160 on her own, or did you help? I also read somewhere about having to update something ahead of time to choose a courier service, was that pretty straight forward using the the links they provided? (I haven't look too far ahead yet as we're still waiting on NOA2. Thanks! 

34 minutes ago, Julia Cancun said:

Yesterday I had an interview in Kiev and received my viza! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ August 18 is happy!!!!

Julia, I'd love to know the questions they asked you. We're still waiting on our NOA2, but my fiancee is very nervous about the interview for some reason. Thanks!

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Timeline

@x_driven_x the DS-160 is pretty straight forward. No tricky questions there. If you dont understand...skip it and hold till you post and a Vjer can help out. No need to send it right away.  You will have time for that.  I suggest to give it at least a week from medical to the interview. We had our medical pretty quick. One wednesday it was done, next week Tuesday we had our interview.  If you can go to the interview. She will feel better, but no need. Make sure to send NOA-2 approval (copy) by email!! I thought about it last minute and took it. Courier is TMM in Ukraine. No need for anything else updated like intent to marry, but do get police certificate now and birthcertificate if you can with extra copy of birthcertificate, since you will need for AOS

Edited by Alabamak1

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

@x_driven_x the DS-160 is pretty straight forward. No tricky questions there. If you dont understand...skip it and hold till you post and a Vjer can help out. No need to send it right away.  You will have time for that.  I suggest to give it at least a week from medical to the interview. We had our medical pretty quick. One wednesday it was done, next week Tuesday we had our interview.  If you can go to the interview. She will feel better, but no need. Make sure to send NOA-2 approval (copy) by email!! I thought about it last minute and took it. Courier is TMM in Ukraine. No need for anything else updated like intent to marry, but do get police certificate now and birthcertificate if you can with extra copy of birthcertificate, since you will need for AOS

Thanks for the tips! I won't be able to attend the interview with her, and I know or medical will take a few days to get the results because we have a young child.  I didn't think about a copy of the birth certificate for later AoS, I'll have her get a couple extra copies. 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Timeline
19 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Thanks for the tips! I won't be able to attend the interview with her, and I know or medical will take a few days to get the results because we have a young child.  I didn't think about a copy of the birth certificate for later AoS, I'll have her get a couple extra copies. 

birthcertificate translated and certified if you can....its really cheap to do that there. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Just an idea as I don’t how it works for the country mentioned: I’ll get the birth certificate in US after marrying and registering it through my embassy to be able to have the new last name on it (again I don’t know how it works there- mine has a lot of info including my names and my marital status...and I think that’s weird too because it suppose to be a birth certificate...but it comes as a family register)

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Naes said:

Just an idea as I don’t how it works for the country mentioned: I’ll get the birth certificate in US after marrying and registering it through my embassy to be able to have the new last name on it (again I don’t know how it works there- mine has a lot of info including my names and my marital status...and I think that’s weird too because it suppose to be a birth certificate...but it comes as a family register)

I wrote this and realized how weird my country actually is....

Edited by Naes

Hello everyone 

I have a question 

i got approved in March than they send my case to the following embassy 

ceac site says ready 

than I received email from the embassy was asking about siblings my contacts for last 10 years and also social media Acounts 

I sent them back all the requirements last week but I didn’t get any reply from them 

they didn’t send me anything for interview?

I don’t really know what is the process from here 

can someone please explain?

will be very thankful 

Gul

Edited by Gul4554

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Gul4554 said:

Hello everyone 

I have a question 

i got approved in March than they send my case to the following embassy 

ceac site says ready 

than I received email from the embassy was asking about siblings my contacts for last 10 years and also social media Acounts 

I sent them back all the requirements last week but I didn’t get any reply from them 

they didn’t send me anything for interview?

I don’t really know what is the process from here 

can someone please explain?

will be very thankful 

Gul

This is the new form they give to some beneficiary’s.

It is called ds-5535. It can resolve in a week and sometimes That can take I believe up to 6 weeks or more.. Maria’s fiancé in May topic also got that I think.

try googling “visajourney ds-5535 k1”

1 minute ago, Naes said:

It is called ds-5535. It can resolve in a week and sometimes That can take I believe up to 6 weeks or more.. Maria’s fiancé in May topic also got that I think.

Thank you so much 

when I received the email  from the embassy I asked some people but no knows about so I went to the embassy and ask them what to do where to send?

the lady give me a email address to send on all the requirements and reply to the same email as well so did that 

i made in excel and filled all the information and send them back 

i don’t know if it’s okay this way or I have to do something else?

thanks again 

16 minutes ago, Naes said:

I just saw the ds-5535 but i already sent them in excell hope that will work 

or I have to send ds-5535?

they asked me for

10 years of my contracts 

all siblings names and dates of birth 

my work contact and email 

my personal contacts and emails 

all social media usernames 

so I filled one excell and sent them 

what do you think it will work?

so confused 🤷‍♂️ 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gul4554 said:

I just saw the ds-5535 but i already sent them in excell hope that will work 

or I have to send ds-5535?

they asked me for

10 years of my contracts 

all siblings names and dates of birth 

my work contact and email 

my personal contacts and emails 

all social media usernames 

so I filled one excell and sent them 

what do you think it will work?

so confused 🤷‍♂️ 

I don’t know this form much in detail either... did you ask if it was ok that way or if they needed the actual form.

I'm tagging Maria here if she’s around maybe she can give more current info @Maria1989

sory for the sudden tag do you have any info on this?

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

I don’t know this form much in detail either... did you ask if it was ok that way or if they needed the actual form.

I'm tagging Maria here if she’s around maybe she can give more current info @Maria1989

sory for the sudden tag do you have any info on this?

Thank you so much Naes I already sent her a message 

lets see 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

We got our NOA2! FINAlly after 8 months!! What do I go now? I heard a lot of people mentioning calling the NVC for a case number or something? When do I do that? Our case was approved yesterday.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, FutureDeLeon said:

We got our NOA2! FINAlly after 8 months!! What do I go now? I heard a lot of people mentioning calling the NVC for a case number or something? When do I do that? Our case was approved yesterday.

Congrats!!

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/667509-april-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=34

Edited by Naes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.