TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey everyone, hope you are all receiving the wonderful updates you've been waiting so patiently for. 

We have our Embassy interview in 2 weeks! I just wanted to double check here in case anyone has any experience with cosponsors... how important are the supporting documents for MY i-134 if I don't meet the guidelines?  My dad is sponsoring my fiancé and he has sent me supporting docs. I also have to submit the i-134 right? What about all of the other evidence?

Thanks for any insight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This coming Tuesday will be one month since USCIS received our RFE response....i'm really starting to get worried. I know it can take up to 60 days, but with so many people getting responses in two weeks or less, i'm starting to get concerned :mellow: We sent everything that was requested, and a little more.

5 minutes ago, demortae said:

This coming Tuesday will be one month since USCIS received our RFE response....i'm really starting to get worried. I know it can take up to 60 days, but with so many people getting responses in two weeks or less, i'm starting to get concerned :mellow: We sent everything that was requested, and a little more.

I'm with you in this waiting game.  I'm waiting for NVC to receive my case.  Its been 2 weeks since NOA2.  NVC says it takes up to 6 weeks.  I have seen cases that take only days to arrive to NVC, some a week.  Its really case by case.  Don't fret.  It will happen.  We all want something to happen right now, and it's just not possible.  Stay positive.  Don't worry yourself unnecessarily.  Worry just makes you look old :D  We need to look gorg when we see our babes again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
42 minutes ago, demortae said:

Did you check your case status online? Does USCIS indicate that your case is received, i.e. "Request for Additional Evidence is Received?"

If so, I wouldn't worry. There's always the few that get things in a week and others that get it at like day 60. We don't actually know what it takes to approve an RFE.
It's like these approvals - Some come in at day 170. others at 200+. 

Try to relax (I know it sucks). But you are very close!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

I'm with you in this waiting game.  I'm waiting for NVC to receive my case.  Its been 2 weeks since NOA2.  NVC says it takes up to 6 weeks.  I have seen cases that take only days to arrive to NVC, some a week.  Its really case by case.  Don't fret.  It will happen.  We all want something to happen right now, and it's just not possible.  Stay positive.  Don't worry yourself unnecessarily.  Worry just makes you look old :D  We need to look gorg when we see our babes again.

This made me laugh so hard. If only everybody can see it! :rofl:
Thank you for your positivity!

Timeline
15 hours ago, D&Jmora said:

Hey everyone, hope you are all receiving the wonderful updates you've been waiting so patiently for. 

We have our Embassy interview in 2 weeks! I just wanted to double check here in case anyone has any experience with cosponsors... how important are the supporting documents for MY i-134 if I don't meet the guidelines?  My dad is sponsoring my fiancé and he has sent me supporting docs. I also have to submit the i-134 right? What about all of the other evidence?

Thanks for any insight!

I can be wrong here since I personally didn't use a co-sponsor-
But it doesn't seem to make sense to me to have supporting documents if you are using a joint sponsor.
Because you can only have ONE joint sponsor and THEIR income must support all their dependents, including your fiance. It only makes sense to only need the documents from that sponsor, since we're saying they are the ones responsible for the fiance financially (at least until AOS).

But nothing about this process makes sense ;)
So I will suggest that if someone with a co-sponsor doesn't get back to you with their experience, it might just be safer to have your supporting documents as well, if they are easy for you to gather.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Did you check your case status online? Does USCIS indicate that your case is received, i.e. "Request for Additional Evidence is Received?"

Yes. Says it was received on March 17th. We're at 241 days now.

Trying to stay positive and look on the bright side. Sometimes I just drive myself nuts reading the forums lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, demortae said:

Trying to stay positive and look on the bright side. Sometimes I just drive myself nuts reading the forums lol

We are at 231 days and still waiting for them to review our evidence. I’m already nuts 😂

Timeline
1 hour ago, demortae said:

Lol with @Vholde346
Y'all please stay sane.

Surely your evidences are sitting on someone's desk. At least the good news is you know someone saw it!
Cuz there are many at 250+ days, no RFE, no nothing <_<

So there IS a bright side.
Hang on. You're almost at the end!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

Lol with @Vholde346
Y'all please stay sane.

Surely your evidences are sitting on someone's desk. At least the good news is you know someone saw it!
Cuz there are many at 250+ days, no RFE, no nothing <_<

So there IS a bright side.
Hang on. You're almost at the end!

preach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, emekus94 said:

I can be wrong here since I personally didn't use a co-sponsor-
But it doesn't seem to make sense to me to have supporting documents if you are using a joint sponsor.
Because you can only have ONE joint sponsor and THEIR income must support all their dependents, including your fiance. It only makes sense to only need the documents from that sponsor, since we're saying they are the ones responsible for the fiance financially (at least until AOS).

But nothing about this process makes sense ;)
So I will suggest that if someone with a co-sponsor doesn't get back to you with their experience, it might just be safer to have your supporting documents as well, if they are easy for you to gather.

Thank you! You're right,  nothing about this process seems to make much sense. I guess itake always better safe than sorry.

Anyone with a co-sponsor want to help a girl out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Man, it's been almost 2 months since we got approved and three weeks since our case is ''Ready'' at NVC, still no packet 3 from Belgrade consulate.NVC sent the letter out 10 days ago, as they said in an email they send to us, three weeks after it was ''Ready'' at NVC.

So much time is lost for nothing.And packet 3 might not come next week, so this is really getting me upset.If I get lucky, I will receive packet 3 two months after we got approved.

Had to call the embassy and I was told it takes 2-3 weeks for them to send it from Serbia to Montenegro, so I should call next Friday, but I am wondering why did it take so much time for NVC to send it out and why did they say it is ready on March 22nd and we got the mail that it was sent to Belgrade on April 4th.

Edited by DenisAlma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

Man, it's been almost 2 months since we got approved and three weeks since our case is ''Ready'' at NVC, still no packet 3 from Belgrade consulate.NVC sent the letter out 10 days ago, as they said in an email they send to us, three weeks after it was ''Ready'' at NVC.

So much time is lost for nothing.And packet 3 might not come next week, so this is really getting me upset.If I get lucky, I will receive packet 3 two months after we got approved.

Had to call the embassy and I was told it takes 2-3 weeks for them to send it from Serbia to Montenegro, so I should call next Friday, but I am wondering why did it take so much time for NVC to send it out and why did they say it is ready on March 22nd and we got the mail that it was sent to Belgrade on April 4th.

So sorry to hear this... They cannot give you any info on the phone or send the instructions via e-mail?

My case switched to ready yesterday, and I was hoping to finally get this over with within the next few weeks. I read online that the Croatian Embassy also sends out packet 3, but was hoping I can get a head start if I call them on Monday. I guess I got too excited, haha.

Have you been able to at least schedule your medical? I hope you'll get the mail soon after all!

August 22, 2017 - I-129F mailed
August 24, 2017 - NOA1
September 1, 2017 - NOA1 hard copy
March 8, 2018 - RFE
March 12, 2018 - RFE hard copy
March 14. 2018 - RFE response mailed
March 16, 2018 - RFE response received
March 21, 2018 - NOA2
March 26, 2018 - NOA2 hard copy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

4/12 - 4/13 Total : 30

08/02/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Decision Notice Mailed
08/04/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Document Was Returned To USCIS
08/04/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/07/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/09/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/11/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/11/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/16/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent
08/17/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/21/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/22/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Document Was Mailed
08/24/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/25/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/28/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/29/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/31/17 4/12/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/03/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
08/14/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed
08/15/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
08/16/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/18/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
08/21/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/21/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
08/23/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
08/24/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/28/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/28/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved
08/31/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/31/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
08/28/17 4/13/2018 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved

image.png.3fc5c8313a9260eb2d8e95489d0dc1d6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.