julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

So, just now I received an email from the NVC with the letter attached stating my case was forwarded over to the Kingston, Jamaica Embassy and to apply and prepare for the interview....SMH.

I guess the NVC calls themselves been "eco-friendly" and not mailing the letter. If I would have waited on them to get confirmation, Reni's interview and medical wouldn't have been scheduled until mid-late May!!!! They are over a week late sending me this! <_<

You made me check my email because I thought it was suppose to come via regular mail.. And guess what they sent it since April 3rd.  But I had everything schedule since the March 28th. How about that!

9 minutes ago, Michelle M said:

You made me check my email because I thought it was suppose to come via regular mail.. And guess what they sent it since April 3rd.  But I had everything schedule since the March 28th. How about that!

Oh wow I thought it came by mail too? Or am I reading this wrong. Lmao

Just now, Penny&Lee said:

Oh wow I thought it came by mail too? Or am I reading this wrong. Lmao

Supposedly, NVC is to send the letter regular mail, but I just got the email earlier today which is over a week late.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Anand & Vaish said:

Yeah i just read that.

Why dont you try calling ustraveldocs? its better to get confirmation from them directly.

Yeah tomorrow I will. Hopefully they give me straight and true answer. And I will definitely let you know when I’m in Mumbai and reach out to you. Which part of Mumbai do you stay in?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, h&y said:

Guys for that question where it asks you on the DS 160, about a US contact and say "Relative, Spouse, Other, US Petitioner.." etc , what did you guys put? I thought US Petitioner but rapid visa said no, to put Other since it's a fiancé. If I put US Petitioner they'll think it's another visa we are applying for. 

What? What is this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ls511271 said:

Yes we’re still at NVC hoping that changes today or tomorrow :( I’m getting anxious. I want to schedule the interview lol. I know I can’t wait for the day he is here for good. Wow eight months, I give you so much credit that is tough. Luckily my fiancés dad works for British airways so he is able to get cheap flights. It’s been about two months for us. No one outside of this process understands the struggle. Glad things are finally moving though! 

Once it says in transit schedule your interview! That’s what I did :) 

aww that’s awesome! I so wish my fiancé could get cheap flights, looking at flights for June POE and cheapest one is $130 🤣

He would’ve definitely came to visit my I think we were both paranoid as he got taken for a second interview when he flew here to visit last time 

Timeline
5 hours ago, marinapoli said:

I did, but my case was approved March 2nd and I was only able to schedule interview for May 8th due to the lack of interviews dates and NVC/USCIS taking their sweet time :angry:

Both took forever! NVC scared me when it when from received to them not having it 😱 

when are you planning on POE? 

My case has been “in transit” since the 10th lol hoping it just says ready soon 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
Just now, h&y said:

I'm just seeing this!! Hilarious! I almost threw my phone across the room!! I was cussing and yelling for him to take a class in how to crop a picture 😂😂😂 he was like I'm done I can't do this. Let's do it tomorrow. I said so we can just yell at each other tomorrow!?!?! We are pretty solid now and laughing at how freakin frustrated we both became. 😆😂

I definitely remember this question I'm sure I put US petitioner how would we know the hidden dialogue in their confusing wording its like a freaking final exam. I'm so over this I better not get denied for this or a 221g or a 5553 or whatever they hand you when they want you to come back with more paperwork. I'm becoming a rapid dog because of this process :angry::angry:

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

Once it says in transit schedule your interview! That’s what I did :) 

aww that’s awesome! I so wish my fiancé could get cheap flights, looking at flights for June POE and cheapest one is $130 🤣

He would’ve definitely came to visit my I think we were both paranoid as he got taken for a second interview when he flew here to visit last time 

It’s in transit now! I’ve been trying but it says this case is not ready to schedule appointment. I will keep trying later lol. Flights are so expensive! Going out there costs me so much. Do you guys have a wedding date set? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ls511271 said:

It’s in transit now! I’ve been trying but it says this case is not ready to schedule appointment. I will keep trying later lol. Flights are so expensive! Going out there costs me so much. Do you guys have a wedding date set? 

Hmmm mine was in transit for a day or so before I did it so maybe later today or tomorrow morning ? :) 

i know! Direct flights to Cardiff are usually around $1100 we’re lucky he can easily get to Bristol lol

Not yet! We’re planning as soon as he gets here though. We held off on wedding plan til he’s here. We’re gonna do a courthouse wedding then plan our big one for about a year from now :D 

have you guys ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

Both took forever! NVC scared me when it when from received to them not having it 😱 

when are you planning on POE? 

My case has been “in transit” since the 10th lol hoping it just says ready soon 

I've been following other people's status in my country and if you pick up the passport at the same city as the interview, it's taking around 10 days for passport to be ready, so since my interview is May 8th, I'm hoping I can travel May 18th, but will only buy my flight once my visa status changes to issued! How about you?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

I've been following other people's status in my country and if you pick up the passport at the same city as the interview, it's taking around 10 days for passport to be ready, so since my interview is May 8th, I'm hoping I can travel May 18th, but will only buy my flight once my visa status changes to issued! How about you?

Oh that’s awesome! And pretty quick too! 

We’re not going to purchase any flights til it’s been given to the courier for delivery :) we’re planning first or second week in June for him to fly over, honestly cannot wait :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

I thought for K1 we were the ones that are supposed to schedule our own but looks like it’s not the case for every embassy. Received packet 3 yesterday from my embassy and they told me they will be the one scheduling my interview once I submit packet 3 to them... 😔 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.