julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Hafkass keyia said:

Hey everyone please i need your help!

Just now my Fiancéé telling me she’s miss placed our USCIS NOA2 letter and our Case wasn’t Updated in the Case tracker, I want your suggestion i heard the NOA2 letter is a requirement during the interview 

what can i do is it possible to request another  NOA2 letter from  USCIS?

Thanks in advance for your suggest

NOA2 letter is needed once you file AOS after your marriage. Not needed for the Embassy interview. Email USCIS for another copy.

Word to everyone. Every single document you get you need to scan it and she gets a copy, you keep a copy and you send a copy to the cloud. Google has a free service called Google Drive. If you store everything there then you and her have access to any backup documents you may need. Especially if something goes wrong. As you know nothing goes wrong!

https://www.google.com/drive/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Thank you so much. I honestly could not have done it without your guidance and wisdom. 

They are are going to medical tomorrow for day 1 and of course, Aira’s monthly visitor decided to show up today!  They will go anyway. Maybe we can get 2 out of 3 started!  It certainly is never easy!

Just when you thought it was safe to leave the house. I'm sorry for that. For family who have K2's and females that are of age (wink wink) get a menstrual cycle app and keep track of all females in the family so that you can predict when it is a good time to schedule things. App is free.

I used one with my wife and step-daughter and it worked for us.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Just when you thought it was safe to leave the house. I'm sorry for that. For family who have K2's and females that are of age (wink wink) get a menstrual cycle app and keep track of all females in the family so that you can predict when it is a good time to schedule things. App is free.

I used one with my wife and step-daughter and it worked for us.

Yep. I’m trying to convince her. She says it is irregular but she doesn’t track it.  Downloading apps there is hit and miss since the signal is challenging. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yep. I’m trying to convince her. She says it is irregular but she doesn’t track it.  Downloading apps there is hit and miss since the signal is challenging. 

I would then say it's up to you to download and keep track. Just saying. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, Greenbaum said:

I would then say it's up to you to download and keep track. Just saying. :D

That is a great idea!  I know today is day 1. She always tells me because she complains about the cramps. I will download it now. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

32 minutes ago, LizM said:

Ah gotcha! Unfortunately I'm pretty sure we don't have an international plan, I will double check that however, thanks for the tip :) 

Hopefully there is an international plan :D  crossing my fingers!!!

@Thelucybelle yaaay to Wales and get away!! this will be a fantastic week indeed!

hoping for good news today, just realized that we have easter weekend here, and everything (!!!!) is closed friday and monday! 

i'd looove to get these appointments fixed before the holidays so i know when the medical and embassy appointment will be in april

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

7 hours ago, Thelucybelle said:

Good news!!! They received our case today and was told by the delightful Felix that it was just scanned in! I’ll call back in a few days but hoping we get a case number while I am with my ❤️ In Wales at the end of the week! @Swissmiss82 and @NICK & PAULA I knew it was going to be a great week!😀

@Swissmiss82 @Thelucybelle Yayyyyy! Congratulations to both of you, pretty ladies! Everything will be okay so enjoy and be prepared for your medical and interview. We're almost in the finish line. Woooohooo! 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

7 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

@Swissmiss82 @Thelucybelle Yayyyyy! Congratulations to both of you, pretty ladies! Everything will be okay so enjoy and be prepared for your medical and interview. We're almost in the finish line. Woooohooo! 

i have one more silly question! the tracking with the new casenumber, is that on the same website or is that now different?

and yesss! :D can't wait to hear when u book your medical and interview and all that goodness! 

and btw - when is your wishful POE? (both of you @Thelucybelle and @NICK & PAULA )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I just checked CEAC.  5 days after NVC receiving our file and giving us the MNL# we are already "In Transit"!  Damn.  This is unbelievably fast.  Our petition was only at NVC for 5 days including the day in and the day out!5ab99f57cc9b8_intransit.jpg.0e73a2eac7a624f6c9570d506dd63952.jpg

Wow that was fast! :wow:

6 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

i have one more silly question! the tracking with the new casenumber, is that on the same website or is that now different?

and yesss! :D can't wait to hear when u book your medical and interview and all that goodness! 

and btw - when is your wishful POE? (both of you @Thelucybelle and @NICK & PAULA )

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx - track your NVC case number in that link, dear! That's the only site where we can track the progress of our cases going to our respective embassies. 

I hope I can POE in MAY or JUNE. :wub:

Edited by NICK & PAULA

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

1 minute ago, NICK & PAULA said:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx - track your NVC case number in that link, dear! That's the only site where we can track the progress of our case going to our respective embassies. 

I hope I can POE in MAY or JUNE. :wub:

oooh thanks! u r a star :D another link in my fave's ayyyy!

i hope for u then it's may and not june! i think it's realistic now! :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I just checked CEAC.  5 days after NVC receiving our file and giving us the MNL# we are already "In Transit"!  Damn.  This is unbelievably fast.  Our petition was only at NVC for 5 days including the day in and the day out!5ab99f57cc9b8_intransit.jpg.0e73a2eac7a624f6c9570d506dd63952.jpg

That is awesome news, John. 

So I see that it says Immigrant Visa Case Number. Early on when we just started to fill out the I-129F I read somewhere that the K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa (NIV). I still see this in some places, but  then when I look at my embassy's website it is always with the Immigrant Visas (IV). This confuses me so much. Can anybody shed some light as to why in some instances it is a non-immigrant visa and in some instances an immigrant one? Or do I have it all wrong? 

51 minutes ago, KatziGuthmann said:

Wow, our case already shows "ready". Who would have thought that the trip from the US to Russia goes this fast xD

Yay! So you can go ahead and schedule your interview now? What date will it be?  😄

To answer your previous question, no we do not have our case number yet but fiancé will call first thing in the morning ☺️

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.