Megalopolis

March 2018 AOS Filers [title edited]

328 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally some good news. Just received an update that my card is being produced. 9 days before my current EAD expires. 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

I just got ANOTHER RFIE notice in the mail. I guess I'll see what else they need by Monday. I'm so discouraged right now. We got the first one in April and I was expecting to get news that my EAD card was on the way..

F1 (graduated) with pending AOS after marriage! ^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

When getting the EAD card, has anyone not received a tracking number for it? We received notification yesterday that they had mailed it but no other info... today on my USPS informed delivery, it shows an envelope from USCIS is coming in the mail today but now I don’t know if it’s the card or not. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
21 hours ago, Dailynm said:

When getting the EAD card, has anyone not received a tracking number for it? We received notification yesterday that they had mailed it but no other info... today on my USPS informed delivery, it shows an envelope from USCIS is coming in the mail today but now I don’t know if it’s the card or not. 

No, we did not receive a tracking number. We got the combo card EAD/AP. There were two regular letters from USCIS that were the I-797's for the approvals, and then the card was sent separately in a Priority Mail shipping envelope.

AOS from J-1
2/26/2018    I-130 / I-485 / I-765 / I-131 packet sent
3/12/2018    NOA1

4/02/2018    Biometrics
7/17/2018    EAD & AP approved
9/20/2018    Interview - Approved!

9/28/2018    Green card in hand

ROC
6/26/2020    I-751 packet sent

6/29/2020    Case received
7/03/2020    WAC case number

7/29/2020    Submitted SR for non-delivery of notice

8/04/2020    NOA1 notice date

8/13/2020    Received NOA1

1/06/2021    Case transferred to NBC

1/21/2021    Fingerprints applied - no bio appt

6/23/2021    Approved! - New card ordered

Naturalization
9/04/2022    N-400 submitted online

9/04/2022    NOA1 + Biometrics reused

11/8/2022    Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

So we finally received my husband’s EAD card. We ran to the Social Security office to get his social and the agent refused to help us because we didn’t have his certified birth certificate. I told him we don’t have it and won’t be able to obtain it and tried to show them his foreign passport and he said he couldn’t use it because he needs his certified birth certificate to get his parents names and birth info in order for him to get a new card. Now this is my issue... in the instruction/website/everywhere it says they are able to accept the passport. 

QUOTED FROM SS WEBSITE:

You must present your foreign birth certificate if you have it or can get it within 10 days. If not, we will consider other documents such as your passport or a document issued by DHS as evidence of your age.

Has anyone experienced issues with this? The issue is that my husband is from Guatemala and when you request a birth certificate from them, what they send you is an email with an electronic version of the birth certificate attached. We can’t travel to Guatemala and there’s no one there that can send it to us. 

I tried explaining this to the agent and he was extremely rude and could care less. 

Edited by Dailynm

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

I need some help! In February I applied for AOS from student visa based on marriage. I received an RFIE in April stating that I needed to show more proof that my husband was making enough. He had not yet filed taxes when we initially applied so I figured it was because we didn't attach tax documents. We attached all tax documents, W2s, job letter, pay stubs and bank statements + a cover letter with the response. My husband made a little over $30,000 last year and its just the both of us, so a household of 2. Today we received another RFIE stating he didn't make enough money and that we need a joint sponsor. And we have a month to respond. I don't have a joint sponsor that I can use. I'm not sure why they're saying he didn't make enough either. Clearly he did. Any advice on what to do? I don't think I can afford a lawyer right now. 

F1 (graduated) with pending AOS after marriage! ^_^

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Received my EAD in the mail today 8/16/17 It was approved on the 8th, and sent out on the 13th. 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As we start a new week, a week of hope, perseverance, I pray that we get that magic text/email from USCIS ‘’EAD APPROVED’’.  For unknown reasons, am positive that all PD with 02-March will be approve (InSah-ALLAH) during the course of the week. AMEEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, Yes, Yes, after 171 days of waiting EAD approved. My PD 02-March-18 . Thank God. 

To all those waiting, i wish you all the very best of luck and a speedy approval.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I have "We approved your case" for AP since the 14th of August (PD 3 March 2018). My EAD is still on "We received your case" (PD 29 March 2018). I had to refile my EAD in March since I used an outdated form in my original application so I'm not sure whether it is considered as concurrent filling of EAD and AP still. Will I receive the AP right away (which I really need ASAP to leave the country) or are the waiting for the EAD to be completed?

Timeline

Good news update!

Our interview letter is in the mail! And myuscis updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

That was so fast! I had called USCIS only a couple weeks ago to confirm our change of address had been applied to everything (read some horror stories on here) and they confirmed that our application was still at MSC/NBC. It must have been scheduled as soon as it reached our local office. We originally filed in Los Angeles, which seems to be more impacted. Mid-process we moved back to my hometown, which appears to be less busy.

Of course nothing in this process is ever easy. The concern now is that the appointment is while we are out of the country. We are travelling to his home country for two weeks starting next week, returning mid-September. He's been "stuck" here in the US land hasn't seen his family for much longer than expected so we planned the trip as soon as he got his AP.  MyUscis shows that the appointment was scheduled as of 8/16, even though the interview letter only showed up in Informed Delivery on Thursday 8/24 postmarked 8/20. We haven't received the letter yet, but appointments are typically 2-4 weeks out, right?  Looks like we may have to reschedule, unfortunately. Ah well.

AOS from J-1
3/12/2018    NOA1

4/02/2018    Biometrics

ROC

Naturalization

Timeline

Update: I was worried for nothing, haha. Picked up the letter today, and the interview is scheduled for four days after we return. That's a relief.

AOS from J-1
3/12/2018    NOA1

4/02/2018    Biometrics

ROC

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.