Megalopolis

March 2018 AOS Filers [title edited]

328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Villanex said:

Why AP took so long fom approved to received? I'm waiting my AP third week after approval and I don't know what to do

Incompetency, apathy, bad luck. Pick one. No one could tell me why it took so long. Call, ask to speak to a Tier 2 agent and raise a service request. I also wrote to the ombudsman, dunno if that helped.

5 minutes ago, jd99 said:

Incompetency, apathy, bad luck. Pick one. No one could tell me why it took so long. Call, ask to speak to a Tier 2 agent and raise a service request. I also wrote to the ombudsman, dunno if that helped.

Omg.. You've got finally that after you wrote to the ombudsman?

Feels like I'm on the same way

12 minutes ago, jd99 said:

I packed my luggage and ready to go to the airport in a day or two after I get AP in hand. I was thinking about to take a risk and go without AP. And might be in a month or so I get that in mail and then my husband will bring me over to europe that doc.. Because approval I've got in mail just I need the actual document

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 11:46 PM, Villanex said:

I packed my luggage and ready to go to the airport in a day or two after I get AP in hand. I was thinking about to take a risk and go without AP. And might be in a month or so I get that in mail and then my husband will bring me over to europe that doc.. Because approval I've got in mail just I need the actual document

I’m not sure about that specific scenario (husband bringing AP) but I don’t think you should leave without it. I believe if you leave without having it approved or in hand you risk abandoning your application as you will have to say when you’ve left the country last and it’ll be in your i94. Maybe someone else can give advice if there’s a way around it. But I would suggest not risking it. 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:42 PM, jd99 said:

After 225 days, 4 Service requests and an expedite request, my EAD shows as "approved". Hopefully I get it soon unlike my AP which took more than two months from "approved" to received.

Finally! Hopefully it shows up soon. Mine took a week to get here. 

F1 (graduated) with pending AOS after marriage! ^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
19 hours ago, APGG94 said:

I’m not sure about that specific scenario (husband bringing AP) but I don’t think you should leave without it. I believe if you leave without having it approved or in hand you risk abandoning your application as you will have to say when you’ve left the country last and it’ll be in your i94. Maybe someone else can give advice if there’s a way around it. But I would suggest not risking it. 

Finally! Hopefully it shows up soon. Mine took a week to get here. 

Thank you. Did the system ever change from "Approved" once you received your card?

Timeline
16 hours ago, jd99 said:

Thank you. Did the system ever change from "Approved" once you received your card?

Only on the DHS website! Not on the app or the old website.

Timeline

Finally had our interview today and we were recommended for approval on the spot. An hour after we left I got the update that my new card was being produced. Big thank you to everyone for helping us out! 

Timeline
On 11/19/2018 at 9:54 AM, jd99 said:

Received my EAD card (Not valid for Reentry to US) and Social Security No in the mail on Saturday 😀

Yay finally! 

Timeline

Got notice of approval letters for I-485 and I-130 in the mail on Monday! Waiting for green card now. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 11/25/2018 at 8:27 PM, APGG94 said:

Green Card showed up on Friday. Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Congrats!

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

We had our interview on December 6 and the officer approved our case on the spot. We received the "case approved" notification the next day. Interview went pretty smooth. 
We applied to adjust my wife's status in March 27th.

Relax, this is not a race.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.