Dianalorena

Ciudad Juarez taking forever to assign interviews

121 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, lvsweets said:

So priority dates are not valid any longer? I also read somewhere about a scan date?

Those are for the petitions regarding when they are entered into the system and/or a visa number becomes available (which is immediately upon filing for a CR-1 or IR-1). They have no impact at all on the embassy stage or when they schedule interviews after CC.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 hours ago, lvsweets said:

I got CC today i totally thought it would take 8 weeks for an interview date but as im reading i see 4 to 6 months im in total shock and my wishes of having our first xmas together is a no go i guess. So priority dates are not valid any longer? I also read somewhere about a scan date? Help

unfortunately the wait is currently at 5 to 7 months :( (it took me 5 and a half months but my CC was in March, I noticed that it got increasingly slower after that)  I've seen people wait up to 7 months 

priority date is only relevant for LPRs and not citizens, and I noticed that those of us that waited in Mexico had to wait longer... 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

unfortunately the wait is currently at 5 to 7 months :( (it took me 5 and a half months but my CC was in March, I noticed that it got increasingly slower after that)  I've seen people wait up to 7 months 

priority date is only relevant for LPRs and not citizens, and I noticed that those of us that waited in Mexico had to wait longer... 

Thank you for info. Sad

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, lvsweets said:

I got CC today i totally thought it would take 8 weeks for an interview date but as im reading i see 4 to 6 months im in total shock and my wishes of having our first xmas together is a no go i guess. So priority dates are not valid any longer? I also read somewhere about a scan date? Help

how long have you been waiting for? I was looking forward for November but hopefully now it will be Christmas

Timeline
On 10/22/2018 at 12:08 PM, ana_Barajas said:

how long have you been waiting for? I was looking forward for November but hopefully now it will be Christmas

I just got CC Oct 17th 2018 but i thought 8 weeks the max on interviews i guess i was very very wrong. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Had interview yesterday at Juarez and passed :)  Just be patient it takes forever nothing anyone can do about it, you WILL get an interview date assigned, once USCIS send them the paperwork you're looking at a MINIMUM of 10 weeks to get an interview assigned, and they usually schedule interviews 6 weeks after that so just hang tight!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, lvsweets said:

The only positive thing that will come out of them taking forever to assign interviews is that you will probably end up with an IR1 visa (10 years) instead of the CR1 (2 years).  This embassy is causing USCIS to lose money.  Instead of being able to charge visa applicants twice CR1 and IR1 they will only be able to charge once for IR1.  It is to their benefit to speed these interviews up.  

Looks like your 2 year anniversary is in April so if you get an interview in February or March I would recommend waiting until the day after your 2nd anniversary to cross the POE so you can get an IR1.  

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

The only positive thing that will come out of them taking forever to assign interviews is that you will probably end up with an IR1 visa (10 years) instead of the CR1 (2 years).  This embassy is causing USCIS to lose money.  Instead of being able to charge visa applicants twice CR1 and IR1 they will only be able to charge once for IR1.  It is to their benefit to speed these interviews up.  

Looks like your 2 year anniversary is in April so if you get an interview in February or March I would recommend waiting until the day after your 2nd anniversary to cross the POE so you can get an IR1.  

Thank you for advice i didnt think of it. So focused on being together and getting this process over with. 

Timeline

On 9-May-2018, I got a letter that says "The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas", and I haven't received an interview appointment It's been almost 6 months and no answer. I think we just have to be patient and wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 3:32 PM, JaviMB said:

Same here, October 9th with 5 months, Looks like is taking up to 6 months to get an interview in Ciudad Juarez.

Hello javiMB

have you heard anything on your appointment? 

Timeline
On 10/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, Ben & Katy said:

On my letter that I got from Ciudad Juarez saying I’m on quoe for a interview in the category it says IR1? Is that for a 10 year visa? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ana_Barajas said:

Hello javiMB

have you heard anything on your appointment? 

Unfortunately no, my wife just called last week and they said we need to be patient but they also said that there is a big probability we will get a date assigned by the end of November and also we can call every week to see if they already assigned a date.
So it's going to be almost 7 months after the CC. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, ana_Barajas said:

On my letter that I got from Ciudad Juarez saying I’m on quoe for a interview in the category it says IR1? Is that for a 10 year visa? 

Congratulations on getting the interview!  Yes that is correct you will get a 10 year visa which is IR1 category.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone!  We submitted the DS-160 yesterday and paid for the visas.  The earliest date available was for March 5th.  I chose March 15th which is a Friday.  My fiancee has two kids that need to go to medical 4 business days prior to the date since they will have TB tests done and those take 72 hours to get the results back.  

February 27,  2018 - Overnighted I-I29F

February 28,  2018 - Received by Dallas Lockbox

March 5, 2018 - Received NOA1 Text

March 8, 2018 -  NOA1 Hard-copy

September 7, 2018 - Received email petition approved

September 10, 2018 - NOA2 Hard copy received 

October 16, 2018 -  Left NVC for CDJ

October 26, 2018 - Received consulate letter dated Oct 23rd

March 15th, 2019 - Interview date

Timeline

Hi. My husband and I are on the same boat. Kind of glad to read that we are not the only ones waiting for months and no interview 😔

We got our letter that we are in queue for an appointment on April 26th. It been 6 months and nothing. 

Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Dalmas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.