LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
10 hours ago, findme said:
Morning VJ family,

Great news my fiancé was approved on 03/14/18!  I was at the Interview and we picked up his visa on the 22nd. We got home on the 25th!

Ours prayers have been answered and It's truly a blessing. 

Are there any additional papers we need to obtain or take to get our marriage license? 

My other question is where can I find updated step to AOS? Of course I will be coming to this page as well with questions if you don't mind but just asking.

The CBP stressed that we complete asap after we get married. The ceremony is next month all ready planned.

Thank you all in advance.

This is a state-specific question.  In my state, all we had to do was rock up and get a marriage license - all you need is photo ID, no SSN or anything else.  Not sure what you mean by "updated step" but all the forms are on the USCIS website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

To those still waiting on check-cashing/delivery: it takes a while!  Ours was misplaced by USPS for a while but all is fine now.

Sent: 3/12

Arrived: 3/19

Text/Email: 3/22

Hard copy: 3/26

To all those saying you can't submit double-sided forms...any proof of this?  I have never heard of this and all my double-sided forms were fine throughout the rest of this process.  Most answers saying you can't are from attorneys who are looking for cases ("If you did this simple thing wrong, think about what else you're missing - hire me!")  Nothing on the form filing tips so I think it's a bit of an urban legend.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
48 minutes ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

To those still waiting on check-cashing/delivery: it takes a while!  Ours was misplaced by USPS for a while but all is fine now.

Sent: 3/12

Arrived: 3/19

Text/Email: 3/22

Hard copy: 3/26

To all those saying you can't submit double-sided forms...any proof of this?  I have never heard of this and all my double-sided forms were fine throughout the rest of this process.  Most answers saying you can't are from attorneys who are looking for cases ("If you did this simple thing wrong, think about what else you're missing - hire me!")  Nothing on the form filing tips so I think it's a bit of an urban legend.

Yeah, I also googled it and saw all the attorneys trying to get clients! Haha!!

I sent mine on the 15th and got there on the 17th. I still haven't received anything and the check hasn't been cashed yet either... I am starting to get nervous. It's been 10 days!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, RN TT said:

March 3rd. Uscis received my case 

March 21th. Nao1 by email 

March 25th Hard copy

Biometric. Not yet 

Just out of curiosity, what date does it say they received your petition on the hard copy? Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hii guys i applied for my AOS based on my k1 visa on march 7 uscis recieved my papers , march 19 i had No1 hard copy . My biometrics are Scheduled for april 3 . As i saw in January Aos we have a long way to go so i wish the best to all of us with this long journey.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/20/2018 at 10:53 AM, LolaaBrett said:

Birth certificate for the beneficiary only.. that's who they care about & the joint sponsor(s)

Lovely, 😂, of course I would realize AFTER I mailed it today that I forgot to include my b/c!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, AZSunshine78 said:

Lovely, 😂, of course I would realize AFTER I mailed it today that I forgot to include my b/c!!

Ooh no, try to mail it and send them a letter stating you forgot to include your bc.. I had made a mistake with my k1 and sent one letter stating I made a error on one of the pages and I didn't receive a RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, do you have any idea how long its taking for us to hear something after the biometrics? Had mine last monday and I'm already super anxious :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, AnaMolina said:

Hey guys, do you have any idea how long its taking for us to hear something after the biometrics? Had mine last monday and I'm already super anxious :(

Three to four months and maybe longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
51 minutes ago, LolaaBrett said:

Three to four months and maybe longer.

I heard some people from january are already receiving the interview letter! So I thought things were starting to speed up. We will see I guess. I hope I get my ead sooner than that at least

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Great news! My check was cashed today! I called two days ago and USCIS told me I need to wait 3 weeks before I should inquire, but thankfully we didn't need to wait so long. 

Sent AOS packet: March 12

Arrived: March 16th

Check cashed/begin processing: March 29th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.