LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, AnaMolina said:

I heard some people from january are already receiving the interview letter! So I thought things were starting to speed up. We will see I guess. I hope I get my ead sooner than that at least

Yep.. we just have to keep our minds occupied not we'll go nuts! The time will come 🙏🏽

Timeline
6 hours ago, ToTheMoonAndBack said:

Hey guys 

I sent,my application 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything. Should i be worried? 

You should be hearing from them very soon sit tight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! Joining the thread ☺️

We sent our package (AOS, EAD, AP) on 3/21/18 and was recieved on 3/23/18. Check was cashed and got our receipt number today via text. 

Hope everything goes quick and smooth for all of us! 🍻

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,
I haven't joined a forum since I was in high school, probably! But since I've been finding myself scouring these pages in the last couple of weeks and I finally filed (!) I thought I would join and benefit from the hive mind :)

It's been a super long process for me - I've been in the US for almost five years now. My status is EB2, and the PERM process took two years to start and file (PD Aug 23, 2017). It was approved Jan 6, 2018. Lawyers received it end of Jan 2018, took six weeks to prepare all the documentation (they are so so slow), and then FINALLY we filed I-140, I-485, I-765 and I-131 on March 16, 2018.

It arrived March 19, 2018, and I got all the receipt notices by March 26, 2018. (Nebraska center)

The first magical thing in the whole process then happened: I'd filed the I-140 for premium processing, and it got approved one week later, on March 28, 2018. So I'm hoping it's a good omen for the rest of the process! Super anxious about the EAD/AP. I have an important trip late June, and I'm really hoping it takes 3 months to process, and not much longer. Awaiting biometrics now. Fingers crossed. I look forward to waiting this out with everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 hours ago, saara said:

Hi everyone,
I haven't joined a forum since I was in high school, probably! But since I've been finding myself scouring these pages in the last couple of weeks and I finally filed (!) I thought I would join and benefit from the hive mind :)

It's been a super long process for me - I've been in the US for almost five years now. My status is EB2, and the PERM process took two years to start and file (PD Aug 23, 2017). It was approved Jan 6, 2018. Lawyers received it end of Jan 2018, took six weeks to prepare all the documentation (they are so so slow), and then FINALLY we filed I-140, I-485, I-765 and I-131 on March 16, 2018.

It arrived March 19, 2018, and I got all the receipt notices by March 26, 2018. (Nebraska center)

The first magical thing in the whole process then happened: I'd filed the I-140 for premium processing, and it got approved one week later, on March 28, 2018. So I'm hoping it's a good omen for the rest of the process! Super anxious about the EAD/AP. I have an important trip late June, and I'm really hoping it takes 3 months to process, and not much longer. Awaiting biometrics now. Fingers crossed. I look forward to waiting this out with everyone.

Just so you know, this forum is for those adjusting status from a K-1 fiance visa!  Feel free to follow along but it may not be the most applicable to your situation :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I received my biometrics letter and in here is saying that it is for the I485 and I765. How about the I131?

I am pretty sure that someone already asked my question here, but I couldn't find the answer.

Timeline: 

Package sent 03/09

Accepted 03/12

NOAS 03/22

Biometrics letter 03/30

Biometrics appointment 04/10

Did my biometrics today. Quick and I was the only one there. Anyone else had an RFE yet? I saw online I have been sent one on the 31st March. How long should I expect it to take? I feel like it could be more about my wifes income etc.

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Britinstl said:

Did my biometrics today. Quick and I was the only one there. Anyone else had an RFE yet? I saw online I have been sent one on the 31st March. How long should I expect it to take? I feel like it could be more about my wifes income etc.

I Knew I was getting one they said they sent one March 20 & nothing yet.

9 minutes ago, LolaaBrett said:

I Knew I was getting one they said they sent one March 20 & nothing yet.

Damn, that is taking some time to arrive to you. Hopefully you get it this week

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Just now, LolaaBrett said:

I'm so annoyed and anxious lol

lol, me too. Hoping it's nothing too big or serious and just a quick, simple fix. Let us know when yours arrives!

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Britinstl said:

lol, me too. Hoping it's nothing too big or serious and just a quick, simple fix. Let us know when yours arrives!

I have a copy of what I think they need already just waiting to make a copy of the RFE and just send it back.. no problem 

Just now, LolaaBrett said:

I have a copy of what I think they need already just waiting to make a copy of the RFE and just send it back.. no problem 

Ah that's good. What do you think it might be?

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Britinstl said:

Ah that's good. What do you think it might be?

2017 taxes I sent 2016.. I did that because my mom never received it yet.

Edited by LolaaBrett

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.